Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335i
335i problem with JB4

Drove home tonight late from work. Nobody on the freeway. Cruising at 80mph, JB4 set to 2/5. Came up on two long strips of freeway and I floored the accelerator both times and quickly got up to 120 MPH + (don't hammer me please, there was nobody on the road) and could barely tell the difference from 80mph. Radio was blasting some good classic rock. Got home and didn't want to get out of the car. What a performance machine! Depressed because we have no autobahn here. Going to work late more often now so I don't have to fight traffic and enjoy this fine piece of engineering and what it iwas designed for. Anyone else have this problem?
Ads by Google
Old 11-17-2012, 05:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by sptt144 View Post
Drove home tonight late from work. Nobody on the freeway. Cruising at 80mph, JB4 set to 2/5. Came up on two long strips of freeway and I floored the accelerator both times and quickly got up to 120 MPH + (don't hammer me please, there was nobody on the road) and could barely tell the difference from 80mph. Radio was blasting some good classic rock. Got home and didn't want to get out of the car. What a performance machine! Depressed because we have no autobahn here. Going to work late more often now so I don't have to fight traffic and enjoy this fine piece of engineering and what it iwas designed for. Anyone else have this problem?

This is a recurring issue primarily among N54 owners. 328i pilots are aware of it, M3 drivers are embarrassed by it, but those with a 335i must live with the reality of this additive behavior.

When one is 'Juiced,' euphoric sensation permeates the entire driving experience. It imbues a new, sparkling feeling at a standing start and enables surprisingly rapid trips to 80 mph, often unintentional as one reaches high velocity before that seems possible.

'Juicebox' abuse is often manifested as odd behavior....a lack of inhibition....unusual feelings of good will and personal power....a profound and lasting change of mood.

Whether in use or not, this threat to natural order is difficult to detect. Though clearly modified in behavior, there may be no other change in appearance or verifiable history.

Often, however, there are physiological changes seen by looking deep within. Keep an eye out for aftermarket coilovers, M parts, and mechanical limited slip differentials, all too often collateral to 'Juicing.'

Name:  Skull Bones 02.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  3.1 KB

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 11-17-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:26 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
It's even worse for those of us who did ED and actually got to experience our bimmers in their natural habitat.

It's a bummer going back to driving on sh!tty American roads surrounded by morons who can't drive.

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 AM
flâneur en cabriolet

Mein Auto: 2007 E93 N54
A collateral problem is withdrawl, frequently experienced when the exhiliation-inducing measure must be remioved when transporting the car for service by an authorized BMW dealer. It is frightening how quickly one realizes the true significance of the addition, and how much it is missed when not present...
Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i
Tell me about it. 6 weeks after I got it my knucklehead neighbor (God Bless her) backed into my car. It was in the shop for 5 weeks!!! Just the bumper and trunk were damaged but they tore the whole car apart to make sure it was repaired like brand new and charged the insurance company $12,000!!! I was having serious withdrawls the whoole time and testing my true patience. I just kept telling myself, "you're not putting miles on it." Now, I have it back, JB4 and wheel spacers installed with fenders rolled. It's a smooth beast. I can't help but find excuses to go "run to the store", or do my wife's errands so I can drive it. Sickening is it not? I also stare out the window at it...