Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2012, 06:52 AM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
In reality, ATS has softened edges, which is a cause of major complaint among many Cadillac (and mostly CTS) drivers. They view such move, which will happen for the 2014 new and bigger CTS, Cadillac's attempt to cater to the Chinese market.

The early results are far from conclusive, but according to Cadillac, they enjoyed some really nice sales increases last month, and 77% of the ATS takers are new to Cadillac brand. So the fans of the sharp-edged Cadillac design may be unhappy about the softened look, but such new look may be welcomed not just by the Chinese

I find it hard to believe though those 77% of ATS buyers new to Cadillac were all C class or A4 or Buick drivers. There just weren't large enough number of ex-Buick drivers out there to make up for such stats
The thing that many drivers of such cars want is that not only is their car recognizable from quarter mile away, but also at night. Face it, you know a BMW behind you from a quick glance in the rear view mirror and the unmistakable headlights Twenty years ago, a Cadillac and Buick nearly looked the same. Today, you can tell a Cadillac from a Buick or Chevrolet for that matter.

That being said, I think the increased sales are from some pretty cheap leases. I see base Caddies for under $300 and a grand down. So what would you choose, base Cadillac or a fully equipped Taurus for the same money? As for me, I like the look of the ATS , but I love the look of the new F30!

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats