Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2012, 09:31 AM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Interior Trunk Lid Release

Hi everyone I'm new to the site.

I bought my first BMW this summer and love the car - 2005 M3.

The interior trunk lid release button stopped working this past weekend and I would like to see if I can fix it. I searched the forum for this topic and didn't find anything.

I found the wiring diagram for the trunk lid release - http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/svg...7527.svg?m=e46 but am having some difficulty interpreting it and need some help on how to troubleshoot this issue.

it looks like it is a normally open switch and when you press the trunk release you close the switch and it is tied back to the general control module. From there I can't really follow what happens. How can I test that the right voltage is at the gcm when the switch is closed and the right signal is going to the trunk lock release?

Any help is appreciated.

JC_a_
Advertisement