Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 745li
Regardless I think its a great job, you took the time to make it unique to your vision. I got to say you some skills and balls to take apart one of the most complex cars out there.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:16 PM

Mein Auto: '06 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerisheteknik View Post
never had 22's and like i said to me they are more for looks/shows...with 20's i still got comfortable ride since rubber is 35 rear and 40 front...but wouldn't mind having 22's just not sure about ride quality and tire wear
how often you have to buy rubber on yours??

found these chip foose 22's here locally but not sure if they would fit my 7 especially after installing b&g springs couple days ago

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/pts/3375032935.html
Oh they'll fit Do it!

2006 BMW 750Li - Style 128's with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Magnaflow quad exhaust, ACS Roof Spoiler, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Umnitza LED License Plate Lights, Beltronics V995

1997 BMW 540i - E39 M5 wheels, straight piped quad exhaust, CAI, Dinan performance chip, H&R springs

2002 Lexus LX470 - Window Tint (20%)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE - Window Tint (30% front, 15% rear), LED interior lighting

2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 - AMG Sports Package - SOLD

Old 11-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Sleek Sam

Mein Auto: AC Schnitzer 745Li
Quote:
never had 22's and like i said to me they are more for looks/shows...with 20's i still got comfortable ride since rubber is 35 rear and 40 front...but wouldn't mind having 22's just not sure about ride quality and tire wear
how often you have to buy rubber on yours??

found these chip foose 22's here locally but not sure if they would fit my 7 especially after installing b&g springs couple days ago

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/pts/3375032935.html
I didnt like the ride quality on the stock 19's with stock suspension, so I changed both of those out almost immediatly after getting the car. Ist setup was 22"s on H&R springs. To me, it made a big improvement. Now with the KW's and third set of 22's, I love it. Gave up a little of the cushion/cloud/pillor fealing and turned it into more of a drivers car. Handles soooo much better and suits my taste in comfort. The tires on my 22's actually lasted a while. the only negative is that you need to have a little fund ready to rim repairs here and there. I would have to say at least 1 minor bend per year.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:26 PM

Mein Auto: 02 745i
The interior is bad ass I would of done the same I ant feeling the exterior look
02 745i limo tint all around,acs front lip, acs trunk spoiler,ac Roof spoiler,22''MRR GT1 wheels",magna flow exhaust,6k headlights bulbs,lowered on Eibach springs ,tinted tail lights,black grilll ,Blackout window trim,MTEC V.2
Old 11-06-2012, 06:39 PM

Mein Auto: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [TBR] View Post
Oh they'll fit Do it!
are you sure??? rear went down from 5.5 to 3.8" and front still setteling....with tires being 295 on those 22 foose rims will there be rubbing???plus i have 20mm spacers in rear that i just bought and would like to use..

ok so just measured the lenght from fender to floor on rear and its just under 28"......guy selling those foose 22's is showing 27.5" from floor to edge of tire....so i think i would be rubbing ehhh?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last edited by bayerisheteknik; 11-06-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhonda22 View Post
I didnt like the ride quality on the stock 19's with stock suspension, so I changed both of those out almost immediatly after getting the car. Ist setup was 22"s on H&R springs. To me, it made a big improvement. Now with the KW's and third set of 22's, I love it. Gave up a little of the cushion/cloud/pillor fealing and turned it into more of a drivers car. Handles soooo much better and suits my taste in comfort. The tires on my 22's actually lasted a while. the only negative is that you need to have a little fund ready to rim repairs here and there. I would have to say at least 1 minor bend per year.
what size tires you have upfront?? 265 ?? any rubbing at all ??

any spacers on rear??

the roads down here are not that bad at all and im carefull with the 20s i got

looks like couple guys on here have kw coilovers..but they too much $$$$ so i went the cheap way and paid 250 for b&g springs...

how much lowering height do you get out of kw's?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Sleek Sam

Mein Auto: AC Schnitzer 745Li
Quote:
looks like couple guys on here have kw coilovers..but they too much $$$$ so i went the cheap way and paid 250 for b&g springs...

how much lowering height do you get out of kw's?
The most important thing about those Foose wheels are the offsets. As long as the offsets and tire sizes are in the safe ballpark, you should be good to go.

As for the KW height, my front is tucking half of the tire and rear is almost tucking up to the rim and I still have room to go lower.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhonda22 View Post
The most important thing about those Foose wheels are the offsets. As long as the offsets and tire sizes are in the safe ballpark, you should be good to go.

As for the KW height, my front is tucking half of the tire and rear is almost tucking up to the rim and I still have room to go lower.
i have to pass on rims..here i am thinking about buying rims and xmas is around corner...presents these days are not cheap...lol

ill get 22's in the future...thanks for info bro
Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 AM

Mein Auto: 745li
So just read everything and please remember this was built for SEMA the aftermarket mega show some things could not be altered til after and are being done now!

These would be wheel centers could not be changed and grills had to stay chrome they are going all black

The trunk black split on paint I do not like either I left it up to painter and don't like how he did it!

The air ride did not get finished for SEMA I did not have enough time to do so!

I respect all the comments and people's likes and dislikes but also remember this is what I wanted in a car and in person the detail is amazing with the pearl that pictures can't pick up! The vehicles has settled down to where it tucks tire now after the driving a thousand miles or so so the 24s look bitching on there now!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 AM

Mein Auto: BMW745I E65 ,BMW318 IS 94
Man that's a job well done realy like the outcome
Old 11-17-2012, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i m-sport
Personally I love the suede headliner with the white clear coated panel for the rear dome lights.. very nice.

Microsoft SQL Business Intelligence Expert