Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 E39 & 2005 645 ci
Locked Key in trunk 2005 645 cic

Hi guys yesterday while shopping i locked my only key in the trunk. The top was down but the car was locked to set the alarm. I came out of the store popped the trunk with the button on the key, loaded the groceries and must have left the key in the trunk. When the alarm is set, you can not pop the trunk with the button by the foot well. on a 2005, BMW assist cant remotely unlock the car. All a lock smith could do was drill out the lock. I decided not to go that route.
So here is a solution that really works. Some cars have a ski pass through mine does not, it has a plastic tub behind the first aid center cushion. You can quickly remove the cushion to see what I mean. You need to remove the four torx bolts holding it in. You can then push the soft fabric backing down and see the emergency trunk release handle. I fabricated a tool to grab it, a coat hanger taped to a bamboo garden stake. I also taped a small LED flashlight to the end of it. One more thing, to remove the plastic tub mentioned above, you need to remove the back seat, very easy. Remove the bottom first, just pull it straight up and remove from the car. The back comes out very easily too. remove the two speed nuts at the bottom, then push the seat back straight up. this allows you to remove the tub. I can send pictures if anyone would like.
I will be ordering an extra key tomorrow.
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
Good job. Someone had a similar experience a few weeks ago but could not get into the trunk. They ended up ordering a new key from the dealer to get in.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
During this was the Alarm not going off?..
Old 11-18-2012, 12:48 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 645ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgi View Post
Good job. Someone had a similar experience a few weeks ago but could not get into the trunk. They ended up ordering a new key from the dealer to get in.
Yea this was me! Didn't really have enough time to play around with stuff and figure it out. Wish you'd posted this 3 weeks ago though! Ha
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 E39 & 2005 645 ci
Yes the alarm was going off, but it stops after about 10 seconds