Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:52 AM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
In reality, ATS has softened edges, which is a cause of major complaint among many Cadillac (and mostly CTS) drivers. They view such move, which will happen for the 2014 new and bigger CTS, Cadillac's attempt to cater to the Chinese market.

The early results are far from conclusive, but according to Cadillac, they enjoyed some really nice sales increases last month, and 77% of the ATS takers are new to Cadillac brand. So the fans of the sharp-edged Cadillac design may be unhappy about the softened look, but such new look may be welcomed not just by the Chinese

I find it hard to believe though those 77% of ATS buyers new to Cadillac were all C class or A4 or Buick drivers. There just weren't large enough number of ex-Buick drivers out there to make up for such stats
The thing that many drivers of such cars want is that not only is their car recognizable from quarter mile away, but also at night. Face it, you know a BMW behind you from a quick glance in the rear view mirror and the unmistakable headlights Twenty years ago, a Cadillac and Buick nearly looked the same. Today, you can tell a Cadillac from a Buick or Chevrolet for that matter.

That being said, I think the increased sales are from some pretty cheap leases. I see base Caddies for under $300 and a grand down. So what would you choose, base Cadillac or a fully equipped Taurus for the same money? As for me, I like the look of the ATS , but I love the look of the new F30!

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW M428i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
I like it; really bad azz....

Hellz yeah.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House
Old 11-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
The thing that many drivers of such cars want is that not only is their car recognizable from quarter mile away, but also at night. Face it, you know a BMW behind you from a quick glance in the rear view mirror and the unmistakable headlights Twenty years ago, a Cadillac and Buick nearly looked the same. Today, you can tell a Cadillac from a Buick or Chevrolet for that matter.

That being said, I think the increased sales are from some pretty cheap leases. I see base Caddies for under $300 and a grand down. So what would you choose, base Cadillac or a fully equipped Taurus for the same money? As for me, I like the look of the ATS , but I love the look of the new F30!
From discussions by early ATS buyers, none of them ordered the base 2.5L. I can see those who move up from Chevy or Ford go for the base model, but the ones migrate from the European brands are not going to be happy with the 2.5L. I do think the ATS lease deals have the potential to heat up a lease war in this segment.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:33 PM

Had to go to K-Mart to get a lame as-seen-on-TV gift for my daughter's friend's birthday party, parked next to The 3 Series Killer of yore.

Looks better than the ATS, I give it that much.

BJ

2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe | M-Sport Line | Premium | Technology | DHP | HK | Driver Assistance
Mineral Grey Metallic | Coral Red Leather | Park Assist | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House
Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'06 Saab 9-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

Had to go to K-Mart to get a lame as-seen-on-TV gift for my daughter's friend's birthday party, parked next to The 3 Series Killer of yore.

BJ
What As Seen on TV item?

I was the head of Design at the leading As Seen on TV Company until I bounced last month.

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@11-16lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: 6mt, SOLD

'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt AERO+ TUNED
Old 11-19-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesonsviggen View Post

What As Seen on TV item?

I was the head of Design at the leading As Seen on TV Company until I bounced last month.
TeleBrands, I assume? Tell AJ I said hello.

These are some plush Pillow Pets slippers that open and close as you walk on them.

BJ

Last edited by boltjaM3s; 11-19-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:51 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Saw my first ats on the highway on Saturday night. Black without the lighting package. Did not have any presence on the road and looked like any other American sedan. Only thing i did like was the exhaust. Even a base model f30 has more presence on the road than this ats did.

Driver was content doing 10 mph under the speed limit in the hi speed lane. Case closed
Old 11-19-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
TeleBrands, I assume? Tell AJ I said hello.

These are some plush Pillow Pets slippers that open and close as you walk on them.

BJ
Yep yep.

I am trying to distance myself from that whole family lol. Oh the stories I can tell.

I know the product, my friend/business partner sells them(His office is at Telebrands, but sells for all the major As Seen on TV companies).

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@11-16lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list

Old 11-19-2012, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerswld34 View Post
Saw my first ats on the highway on Saturday night. Black without the lighting package. Did not have any presence on the road and looked like any other American sedan. Only thing i did like was the exhaust. Even a base model f30 has more presence on the road than this ats did.

Driver was content doing 10 mph under the speed limit in the hi speed lane. Case closed
Did the driver have Grey/white hair?
Old 11-19-2012, 05:19 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Quote:

BJ
You are begging for door dings parking that close to the car on your right.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
Understand completely.

But my baby didn't want to be close to that Cimmaron I can tell you that. I tried to park a little more leftwards, she wouldn't let me. It's that electronic power steering, the computer has a mind of its own and can do what it wants.

BJ

Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Very un-Bimmer driver like, a total lack of precision, more like how an old Cimmaron driver would have parked At least the K-Mart parking lot is a bit upgrade from the Wal-Mart parking lot. BJ will still find single moms with kids in tow, and the moms will look a tad more attractive.

Last edited by dtc100; 11-19-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Very un-Bimmer driver like, a total lack of precision, more like how an old Cimmaron driver would have parked At least the K-Mart parking lot is a bit upgrade from the Wal-Mart parking lot. BJ will still find single moms with kids in tow, and the moms will look a tad more attractive.
MY eyes work just fine, since I am able to see that BJ is well within his spot...it's the car to his right that is close to the lines. Also note, it's the perspective that distorts how close he is to the car on the right.

Wow, my reply indicates I have taken all this which is in jest way to seriously.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
MY eyes work just fine, since I am able to see that BJ is well within his spot...it's the car to his right that is close to the lines. Also note, it's the perspective that distorts how close he is to the car on the right.

Wow, my reply indicates I have taken all this which is in jest way to seriously.
No, he's too close to the car to the right which is parked on the line. BJ needs to spend more time scoping out suitable safe parking spots or risk having his car impounded by the BMW Stadtpolizei.

Last edited by beden1; 11-19-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM

Mein Auto: 1990 BMW 525i M20B25
I am so sick of those stupid ATS VS THE WORLD commercials!! Like seriously ohhh ur copying the e46 3 series.....losers TAKE off UR RETARDED UGLY ATS ADS PLEASE!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No, he's too close to the car to the right which is parked on the line. BJ needs to spend more time scoping out suitable safe parking spots or risk having his car impounded by the BMW Stadtpolizei.
Having just completed Season 1 of "Heroes" with my son I need to help you all better understand the parking situation this morning. I leave you with this clue:

"Save the Cimmaron, save the world."

BJ

Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
What if the car to the right parked after his BMW. Boom.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Having just completed Season 1 of "Heroes" with my son I need to help you all better understand the parking situation this morning. I leave you with this clue:

BJ
That show started out great. Got crappy in the 2nd season.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 PM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Quote:

BJ
Owe man. Just save yourself and stop watching it. Now Breaking Bad. There is a good wholesome family show.
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Old 11-19-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Obviously it did not, since BJ admitted he wasn't able to handle his L328i correctly. It appears he missed the apex before coming out of that turn and into the parking spot. What is very un-Bimmer driver like is that he should have parked right between two spots, with the white lines smack under and along the center of his car, so that even if that car came later, it would have to continue to circle the lot until it found another spot further away from the store.

Last edited by dtc100; 11-19-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
Owe man. Just save yourself and stop watching it. Now Breaking Bad. There is a good wholesome family show.
I heard Walking Dead is the most appropriate for Bimmer drivers to watch.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Touchdown.

Just like Hiro can bend a-time and a-space, at the moment I parked I was all alone, not a car on either side.

BJ

Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
That show started out great. Got crappy in the 2nd season.
Yes. I don't know how to break it to my son because he is so enthralled with Season 1 (rightfully so) and Hulu Plus gives us all 4 seasons and I have no intention of suffering through the last 3 even though I never saw the last 2.

BJ

Old 11-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Touchdown.

Just like Hiro can bend a-time and a-space, at the moment I parked I was all alone, not a car on either side.

BJ
BMWs are car magnets. You can park all alone at the end of the lot and someone will invariably park next to you.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International)
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Yep yep.

I am trying to distance myself from that whole family lol. Oh the stories I can tell.

I know the product, my friend/business partner sells them(His office is at Telebrands, but sells for all the major As Seen on TV companies).
Telebrands has always had successful direct response items and I thought their sales were still going strong?

I was just about to place an order for a Christmas gift for my wife. Do you think she would like the Royal Heirloom Ring™? It looks so much like the ring that Kate Middleton now wears that I can't believe they are able to sell it for only $19.90 plus S&H.

Maybe I'll buy several for investment pieces!