Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 PM
First ED 9/17 650i vert

Mein Auto: 2013 650i vert ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
MLEVACK - saw a new 2013 like yours... made me do a double take... Nice Choice!

Next time def do PCD in Greenville, SC.
Thanks for the compliment. I struggled with color selections for some time and have seen a lot of photos, but for me, I liked the understated exterior (black) with the two tone platinum/black merino leather - that is of course until my wife spills coffee on it, then I may have wished for something different.

During my paperwork session with the sales manager when I ordered the car, he said he would set that up (PCD), but of course he never mentioned it again after that. At this point Im just looking to get "HD" (Home Delivery) in Charlotte, NC :-)

2013 650i Individual Convertible (ED)
2011 328i Convertible (retired)
2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Old 11-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
Before RE-Delivery BMW will get all ED cars back to factory condition (fix scratches, rims, et-al) If it is something major like making new friends with a german guardrail or light post then that would be picked up by Allianz w/$0 out of pocket. Pretty good coverage IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeliverator View Post
I had some small road rash from Amsterdam (drivers front and rear), and one large rash (passenger front), from Nurburgring along with a corresponding chunk of tire missing from the sidewall (that's a story for another post... haha). All the rashed wheels were replaced or fixed and I have a brand new tire to replace the damaged one.

ZCP with P Zeros

Wasn't expecting the VPC to fix, so I'm stoked. Inspected the car and was unable to find any signs of overspray, etc...

Jes waitin' for tags and I'm out on the road.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i
Tried to setup a time this week to do re-delivery and unfortunately the dealer has no idea where the car is. I mentioned that I knew other people on my boat got their cars, and he was wondering how I knew.

Not feeling too good about this first BMW experience....
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Vert
Well, eighteen weeks after ordering and seven weeks and two days after drop off in Munich, I finally have my 335i vert here at home. It arrived no worse for wear, and with the European tags intact. I picked it up from the dealer on Saturday and have spent the time since that trying to get familiar with it. Was able to take it out today for a drive with the top down as weather was cooperating.

It is an amazing drive. I still have to put some more miles on it so I can open it up past 4500 rpm's, but it pulls strong and is wonderful to drive. I can't wait to open it up. I love the ride and the handling as well as the power. I know people love to do the mods, but as of now bone stock seems plenty good for me. Right now, I don't see any reason to change a thing. I am going to enjoy what is left of the good weather this week.

The European delivery part and service was great. I really enjoyed that part. However, the local dealer experience left a bit to be desired.

Thanks to all for the support on this thread and here's hoping that the last car finds it way home soon!

2013 335i - ED September 2012
Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 AM
First ED 9/17 650i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox51 View Post
Tried to setup a time this week to do re-delivery and unfortunately the dealer has no idea where the car is. I mentioned that I knew other people on my boat got their cars, and he was wondering how I knew.

If you are not too far away from the dealership, go there, ask them to run your VIN, it should take all of 20 seconds to get an exact location report. As I have found out, even a MINI dealer can tell you. :-)

2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 AM
First ED 9/17 650i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by irianjim View Post
Well, eighteen weeks after ordering and seven weeks and two days after drop off in Munich, I finally have my 335i vert here at home. It arrived no worse for wear, and with the European tags intact. I picked it up from the dealer on Saturday and have spent the time since that trying to get familiar with it. Was able to take it out today for a drive with the top down as weather was cooperating.

It is an amazing drive. I still have to put some more miles on it so I can open it up past 4500 rpm's, but it pulls strong and is wonderful to drive. I can't wait to open it up. I love the ride and the handling as well as the power. I know people love to do the mods, but as of now bone stock seems plenty good for me. Right now, I don't see any reason to change a thing. I am going to enjoy what is left of the good weather this week.

The European delivery part and service was great. I really enjoyed that part. However, the local dealer experience left a bit to be desired.

Thanks to all for the support on this thread and here's hoping that the last car finds it way home soon!
Congrats on finally getting your car, looks great. Im in the same camp as you, I really like to get the car the way I want it and then leave it that way - it's just personal preference (or perhaps my age :-) I did all of my mods in my teens and 20's :-)

The ED experience in Germany is so incredible. It's a shame that the dealer side things seem to fall apart for so many of us.

2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 1993 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by irianjim View Post

Congratulations, it looks beautiful! I love my M3, but I really did love my 335 too. It is a great car with a lot of punch - part of me misses having all that torque!

I agree on the mods - I've done a few so far, but only BMW OEM stuff. But I'm sure I'll get the itch soon enough.

Enjoy it - I'm jealous of the top down weather too!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: M3
@melevack Any updates today?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM
First ED 9/17 650i vert

I sent an email to the CA and finance manager this AM. I told them that I had been told that the car was to be delivered today, and that I just waned to pick it up as we have people coming in for the holidays and I need a vehicle. I said that we could do the Radar install next week after the holidays. He emailed everyone to be on the lookout and to just get it ready for pickup.

1:30 - I had not heard from anyone, so I called the trucking company on my own. In less that 5 minutes, they told me that my vehicle was loaded on Sunday and is scheduled to arrive today at 4:00. Good news, so I thought. I relayed this information to the CA and finance manager thinking we should be all set to go by early evening. His response? - "We are cutting it close. It all depends on how accurate their time is. I never like to turn around a car that quickly, that's where problems tend to occur."

They are open til 9PM. Perhaps I am being naive, but I don't see what the issue could be? The car went through BMW inspection in Brunswick, run it through the car wash, slap a tag on it, shake my hand and tell me you'll see me next week when I bring it back for the radar install.

I can understand not making promises that you don't know if you can live up to, but from my point of view I feel like it's a battle at every turn with these guys.

2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 AM
First ED 9/17 650i vert

Not 2 minutes after my last post, the finance manager calls me, tells me he just drove my car to get it detailed and that I can pick up at 4:00.

THANK GOD

2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)

Last edited by mlevack; 11-19-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevack View Post
Not 2 minutes after my last post, the finance manager calls me, tells me he just drove me cay to get it detailed and that I can pick up at 4:00.

THANK GOD
Congrats! We're all expecting pics!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: M3
My car wasn't washed or detailed and I didn't care.

I told them to activate US Maps, BMW Apps, etc... and I'd be in to pick it up.

My SA and I put the tags on and I rolled out.

Last edited by TheDeliverator; 11-19-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:

So i found out today my car that was discharged on Nov 3 is still at the port waiting to clear customs. The dealership is so useless i had to call WnW myself to track this info down. This is also my first bmw and the experience is horrible. No one can give me answers and now i have no idea what to do or when i'm getting my car.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinaNYC View Post
So i found out today my car that was discharged on Nov 3 is still at the port waiting to clear customs. The dealership is so useless i had to call WnW myself to track this info down. This is also my first bmw and the experience is horrible. No one can give me answers and now i have no idea what to do or when i'm getting my car.
Wow, that's a long time. My ship docked on 11/13 and by the 15th I heard from my CA (Greg Poland) that I had cleared customs and was in the VPC.

When I think about it, US customs in NY must get a lot more than little ole Brunswick, GA

Sorry to hear that... :-(
Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinaNYC View Post
It sucks but sometimes it happens, DHS or DoA wants to do a visual inspection of the car so it takes longer to clear customs. Mine last year took a week and a half, this time it cleared customs in a day.

By reading other's experiences it can be as quickly as a day to as long as a month. Unfortunately US Customs doesn't care much about us going crazy waiting for your cars.

If you don't get any feedback from your dealer, you can check the WW tracking website with your VIN number and look for the 'delivered from' line entry (which I think means the car cleared customs and is on route to VPC).

You can also email BMW ED dept for periodic updates too. The email is up earlier in this thread.

Good Luck, we all share your pain! (well except those lucky dogs whose car was redelivered ).
Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 PM
First ED 9/17 650i vert

After a short wait at the dealership, I saw it come around the corner and back-in for delivery. Everything looks good, it even had the plates on it still. Taking it back next week for the radar detector installation.

Getting ready to run whatever errand my wife wants to send me on.

Once I get all of our photos organized I will posy a recap of our trip, but here are a few from today.

A big thanks to everyone for the emotional support over the past week. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0925.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	350084   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02027.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	350085   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02029.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	350086   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02030.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	350087  

2007 Z4 (retired)
2001 Z3 (retired)
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
After a short wait at the dealership, I saw it come around the corner and back-in for delivery. Everything looks good, it even had the plates on it still. Taking it back next week for the radar detector installation.

Once I get all of our photos organized I will posy a recap of our trip, but here are a few from today.

That color combo is to die for. Congrats now go drive her like you stole it!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Looks awesome! Keep rocking those plates, they look great on it!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
Looks awesome! Keep rocking those plates, they look great on it!
+1.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i
Got a call from my CA that the car arrived at the dealership last Saturday , and no one told him it arrived. Hopefully I can pickup on Tuesday.

At least the Euro plates survived the trip.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M5
picked mine up today. the universe is back in order.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i xDrive
Quote:
Got a call from my CA that the car arrived at the dealership last Saturday , and no one told him it arrived. Hopefully I can pickup on Tuesday.

At least the Euro plates survived the trip.
That's great. It seemed logical that my car would be on the same truck, but apparently not.
2014 X1 xDrive28 (ED 5/13/13), Redelivery 7/11/13)
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
After some very painful last few days trying to get answers from the dealership, I got a call out of the blue yesterday at 3PM that my car was ready. I hurried over shortly after and picked up my shiny Estoril Blue 328i M-sport with the front ED plate still on (rear plate in the trunk).

I was disappointed with the lack of communication in the last weeks and general feeling of being a burden on the CA. It has been extra hard because I sold my '06 330i over a week ago and was basically without a car. At pickup, he appeared to be super busy and almost annoyed that I was there to pickup. Once I had received confirm from BMW ED department that my car was tentatively scheduled for delivery at the dealer last Saturday, I passed this info along to the CA myself and sent him a list of reminders and requests for delivery including not washing the car (my preference), all weather mats which were part of the deal, no dealer badging, etc. The car was washed, and he didn't follow any of my other requests and didn't have the mats.

I have purchased 3 BMWs now from my local dealers, each time a different dealer because I wasn't satisfied with them. Looks like I have to try another one next time...

Side Note - what are people's thoughts on leaving the front license plate attached the way it was done in Munich? I assume it is tape and meant to be temporary.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by permesso View Post
After some very painful last few days trying to get answers from the dealership, I got a call out of the blue yesterday at 3PM that my car was ready. I hurried over shortly after and picked up my shiny Estoril Blue 328i M-sport with the front ED plate still on (rear plate in the trunk).

I was disappointed with the lack of communication in the last weeks and general feeling of being a burden on the CA. It has been extra hard because I sold my '06 330i over a week ago and was basically without a car. At pickup, he appeared to be super busy and almost annoyed that I was there to pickup. Once I had received confirm from BMW ED department that my car was tentatively scheduled for delivery at the dealer last Saturday, I passed this info along to the CA myself and sent him a list of reminders and requests for delivery including not washing the car (my preference), all weather mats which were part of the deal, no dealer badging, etc. The car was washed, and he didn't follow any of my other requests and didn't have the mats.

I have purchased 3 BMWs now from my local dealers, each time a different dealer because I wasn't satisfied with them. Looks like I have to try another one next time...

Side Note - what are people's thoughts on leaving the front license plate attached the way it was done in Munich? I assume it is tape and meant to be temporary.
Man, that really sucks. Mind if I ask what dealer? You're in the Philly area, I'll give you the best CA in the world to deal with. If she can put up with me, she can deal with even the most annoying ED nuts.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
Man, that really sucks. Mind if I ask what dealer? You're in the Philly area, I'll give you the best CA in the world to deal with. If she can put up with me, she can deal with even the most annoying ED nuts.
Thanks for the response. I am the western suburbs of Philly. This time I purchased from West German BMW. I have also purchased from Main Line BMW, Otto's BMW and Bobby Rahal BMW (in Pittsburgh). If I had to rank my experiences with the Philly area ones that I have dealt with (best to worst), it would be West German, Main Line, Devon Hill (service and test drive - no purchase) and then Otto's. I actually may try Lancaster BMW next time. They became an option late in my purchase process but seemed decent. I haven't tried any in NJ. Suggestions are definitely welcome.

I just want someone knowledgable on ED and the cars themselves. Be honest about the price and don't try to hide fee or invoice price - you are just wasting my time. No BS or statements that I know are incorrect about the cars and process. I always seem to know more than the CA about their product and processes - why should that be the case? If you don't know, say I don't know and find out the answer. Hell, just read bimmerfest for an hour a week and you will be a better and more knowledgable CA. Finally, listen to what I say and address my concerns. Ok, I know, enough ranting...