Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 AM
DZLMAN DZLMAN is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 335d M Sport/Premium Pkg
Get Together - Toronto Area, US welcome?

Feeler -- How about a get together in around greater toronto area, folks from US also welcome to join if not too far ?? What u guys think?
__________________
2011 335D Alpine White/Chestnut Brown, M-Sport, Premium, NAV..SOLD
2012 VW Golf TDI Black/Black, Highline, DSG, Nav..His
2012 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6spd White/Black, Highline, Pan Roof, Nav..Hers
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 AM
DZLMoose DZLMoose is offline
Registered User
Location: Toronto, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 06 Jetta TDI Future 335d
I am down.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM
GreekboyD GreekboyD is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 551
Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 335d
I'd be in for it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-19-2012, 08:18 PM
DC-IT DC-IT is offline
Love my Diesel Vehicles
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 502
Mein Auto: E350BlueTec, Jetta TDI
I'm going on vacation between Nov 28 and Dec 19.
Other than those dates I'll be happy to attend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Bimmer App
__________________
DC-IT

Current Rides:
2013 E350 BlueTec
2011 VW Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 AM
DZLMAN DZLMAN is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 335d M Sport/Premium Pkg
How about Sunday November 25th, somewhere central, with the D's driving distance is not an issue I guess :-), we could pick a timmies or grab bite to eat etc.
__________________
2011 335D Alpine White/Chestnut Brown, M-Sport, Premium, NAV..SOLD
2012 VW Golf TDI Black/Black, Highline, DSG, Nav..His
2012 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6spd White/Black, Highline, Pan Roof, Nav..Hers
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Kanuck Kanuck is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,115
Mein Auto: '15 M3 (ED)
Sounds good. Name the spot.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2012, 01:30 PM
DC-IT DC-IT is offline
Love my Diesel Vehicles
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 502
Mein Auto: E350BlueTec, Jetta TDI
For Tim Hortons here are the possible options:

1. Tim Hortons, 4751 Leslie Street, Toronto, ON M2K 1E1

2. Tim Hortons 2501 Victoria Park Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1T 1A1
Tel416) 494-8509

3. Tim Hortons, Sheppard Avenue East of Hwy 404.

Or https://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF8&...=A&gl=CA&hl=en
__________________
DC-IT

Current Rides:
2013 E350 BlueTec
2011 VW Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
listerone listerone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 863
Mein Auto: 2014 328d
To attend we'd need a passport and the majority of Americans,I believe,don't have one,although the majority of "d" drivers possibly would.Maybe folks from the Buffalo area would be interested.If I still had my "d" I might be tempted,if for no other reason than to refresh my mph/kph conversion skills!
__________________
Currently: 2014 328d / Mineral Grey Metallic / Nav / Apps / Backup Camera
Formerly:2011 MB E350 Bluetec / Palladium Silver / Nav / Active Cruise / HarmonKardon Logic7
Formerly:2009 335d / Monaco Blue / Beige Leather / Nav / iDrive / Xenon / Sirius / HD Radio

Fuelly

Last edited by listerone; 11-20-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 PM
DC-IT DC-IT is offline
Love my Diesel Vehicles
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 502
Mein Auto: E350BlueTec, Jetta TDI
@listerone: No sweat, your E is just the next alphabet down from the D and since it's a Diesel it'll also qualify for the meet!

If you like I could come in my ML and get my son to drive my D so that your E won't feel too lonely!
__________________
DC-IT

Current Rides:
2013 E350 BlueTec
2011 VW Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Kanuck Kanuck is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,115
Mein Auto: '15 M3 (ED)
Quote:
Originally Posted by listerone View Post
To attend we'd need a passport and the majority of Americans,I believe,don't have one,although the majority of "d" drivers possibly would.Maybe folks from the Buffalo area would be interested.If I still had my "d" I might be tempted,if for no other reason than to refresh my mph/kph conversion skills!
The rules are not symmetric. Technically, a US citizen does not need a passport to enter Canada by road. You do need proof of US citizenship and photo ID. Even so, a passport makes things easier. See http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-...ss-eng.html#s1

So, no reason for you not to show up, although CT is a long drive!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-20-2012, 06:09 PM
listerone listerone is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 863
Mein Auto: 2014 328d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
The rules are not symmetric. Technically, a US citizen does not need a passport to enter Canada by road. You do need proof of US citizenship and photo ID.
Yes,my understanding is that you're correct.I remember crossing the border,in both directions,with just a birth certificate and a driver's license back in the day.However a few years ago,thanks to 9/11,my government started requiring a *passport* to reenter the country...including when coming from Canada and the Carribean.If you have some free time google (or seach youtube) for "Derby Line,Vermont" for stories of how things have changed in that town situated on the Quebec border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuck View Post
So, no reason for you not to show up, although CT is a long drive!
You got that right plus I'm one of the few Americans left who have work but you guys will have fun for sure.
__________________
Currently: 2014 328d / Mineral Grey Metallic / Nav / Apps / Backup Camera
Formerly:2011 MB E350 Bluetec / Palladium Silver / Nav / Active Cruise / HarmonKardon Logic7
Formerly:2009 335d / Monaco Blue / Beige Leather / Nav / iDrive / Xenon / Sirius / HD Radio

Fuelly

Last edited by listerone; 11-20-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Wayne's World Wayne's World is offline
Monkey Wrencher
Location: Easton, PA
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 215
Mein Auto: 2005 325i Sport 5spd
I'm actually up in Mississauga now, visiting from PA and driving my wife's X5. I might be down for something Friday or Saturday.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Bimmer App
__________________
2002 Sterling Gray M5
'nuff said
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 PM
DZLMAN DZLMAN is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 335d M Sport/Premium Pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-IT View Post
For Tim Hortons here are the possible options:

1. Tim Hortons, 4751 Leslie Street, Toronto, ON M2K 1E1

2. Tim Hortons 2501 Victoria Park Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1T 1A1
Tel416) 494-8509

3. Tim Hortons, Sheppard Avenue East of Hwy 404.

Or https://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF8&...=A&gl=CA&hl=en
This would be good:

Tim Hortons 2501 Victoria Park Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1T 1A1

Would love to see friends from down south come up, I miss the years, late 90's silicon valley and me, yes 911 changed border crossings but for the love of humanity and as humans we should not let that come in the way, we continue the way we live.........this is our home, my children live here and we will do whatever is required when the time comes to protect them..............

Lets start this gtg thing and see how it goes...........Tim Hortons at Vic Park it is this Sunday 2:00 PM onwards!

We should do a second one in around Niagara Falls or Detroit.......your thoughts ?
__________________
2011 335D Alpine White/Chestnut Brown, M-Sport, Premium, NAV..SOLD
2012 VW Golf TDI Black/Black, Highline, DSG, Nav..His
2012 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6spd White/Black, Highline, Pan Roof, Nav..Hers
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 PM
DZLMAN DZLMAN is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 335d M Sport/Premium Pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne's World View Post
I'm actually up in Mississauga now, visiting from PA and driving my wife's X5. I might be down for something Friday or Saturday.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Bimmer App
Welcome..........lets have coffee, terry fox and britannia Tim Hortons, Saturday around 11AM ? my cell is 416 886 1094!
__________________
2011 335D Alpine White/Chestnut Brown, M-Sport, Premium, NAV..SOLD
2012 VW Golf TDI Black/Black, Highline, DSG, Nav..His
2012 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6spd White/Black, Highline, Pan Roof, Nav..Hers
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 PM
DZLMAN DZLMAN is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 335d M Sport/Premium Pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-IT View Post
@listerone: No sweat, your E is just the next alphabet down from the D and since it's a Diesel it'll also qualify for the meet!

If you like I could come in my ML and get my son to drive my D so that your E won't feel too lonely!
ditto that!
__________________
2011 335D Alpine White/Chestnut Brown, M-Sport, Premium, NAV..SOLD
2012 VW Golf TDI Black/Black, Highline, DSG, Nav..His
2012 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6spd White/Black, Highline, Pan Roof, Nav..Hers
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:54 PM
DC-IT DC-IT is offline
Love my Diesel Vehicles
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 502
Mein Auto: E350BlueTec, Jetta TDI
Another Tim Horton is right beside Endras BMW in Ajax!
If its not too far it'll make an ideal place as we can then go to visit the dealership if we meet on Saturday.
__________________
DC-IT

Current Rides:
2013 E350 BlueTec
2011 VW Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 PM
DZLMoose DZLMoose is offline
Registered User
Location: Toronto, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 06 Jetta TDI Future 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-IT View Post
Another Tim Horton is right beside Endras BMW in Ajax!
If its not too far it'll make an ideal place as we can then go to visit the dealership if we meet on Saturday.
Do you live in Ajax?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 PM
DC-IT DC-IT is offline
Love my Diesel Vehicles
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 502
Mein Auto: E350BlueTec, Jetta TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZLMoose View Post
Do you live in Ajax?
I do and bought my D from Endras.
I moved from Toronto to Ajax in 2010.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Bimmer App
__________________
DC-IT

Current Rides:
2013 E350 BlueTec
2011 VW Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
DZLMAN DZLMAN is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 335d M Sport/Premium Pkg
Although I'm in Mississauga, but drive all over southern Ontario day in day out so no problem for me to do this meet at Endras! You take the lead, just post where and when...I be there!
__________________
2011 335D Alpine White/Chestnut Brown, M-Sport, Premium, NAV..SOLD
2012 VW Golf TDI Black/Black, Highline, DSG, Nav..His
2012 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6spd White/Black, Highline, Pan Roof, Nav..Hers
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 PM
DZLMoose DZLMoose is offline
Registered User
Location: Toronto, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
Mein Auto: 06 Jetta TDI Future 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZLMAN View Post
This would be good:

Tim Hortons 2501 Victoria Park Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1T 1A1

Would love to see friends from down south come up, I miss the years, late 90's silicon valley and me, yes 911 changed border crossings but for the love of humanity and as humans we should not let that come in the way, we continue the way we live.........this is our home, my children live here and we will do whatever is required when the time comes to protect them..............

Lets start this gtg thing and see how it goes...........Tim Hortons at Vic Park it is this Sunday 2:00 PM onwards!

We should do a second one in around Niagara Falls or Detroit.......your thoughts ?
I work near that Tim Horton's that parking lot isn't the greatest it is actually pretty small. I think we should keep it central just a better spot. How do you guys feel about Shops at Don Mills the parking lot there is huge.

Also I think Sunday afternoon works the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-IT View Post
I do and bought my D from Endras.
I moved from Toronto to Ajax in 2010.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Bimmer App
I live in Pickering. I'll keep any eye out for your d I'm usually in Ajax during the weekends.

If this meet materializes we should head down together. It would fun to roll with another d.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 AM
DC-IT DC-IT is offline
Love my Diesel Vehicles
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 502
Mein Auto: E350BlueTec, Jetta TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZLMoose View Post
I work near that Tim Horton's that parking lot isn't the greatest it is actually pretty small. I think we should keep it central just a better spot. How do you guys feel about Shops at Don Mills the parking lot there is huge.

Also I think Sunday afternoon works the best.



I live in Pickering. I'll keep any eye out for your d I'm usually in Ajax during the weekends.

If this meet materializes we should head down together. It would fun to roll with another d.
Heh neighbour!
I'm on the border of Ajax/Pickering beside Riverside Golf course.
It sure would be nice to dive to the meet together.
We could meet at the parking lot on the Loblaws Super Store at 401/Liverpool Rd and go from there?

Since some are from Mississauga it's best we keep it central so we can all drive almost equal distance as we all love driving our D!
Heck I'd even drive to Mississauga since I bought my ML from the M-B dealer in Mavis Rd.

I've been to this location:
Tim Hortons
2075 Sheppard Ave E
Toronto ON, M2J 1W6
(416) 491-6731

(East fo the 404) beside the new Condo towers on the South side.
That is easy to get to off the 401.
http://www.timhortons.com/us/locator...html?id=100024

We can all park on the East side of the building.

Perhaps we could meet on Saturday so our friend Wayne's World from the US can join us too?
If he is coming we could even drive to Mississauga!
__________________
DC-IT

Current Rides:
2013 E350 BlueTec
2011 VW Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:54 AM
DZLMAN DZLMAN is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 335d M Sport/Premium Pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-IT View Post
Heh neighbour!
I'm on the border of Ajax/Pickering beside Riverside Golf course.
It sure would be nice to dive to the meet together.
We could meet at the parking lot on the Loblaws Super Store at 401/Liverpool Rd and go from there?

Since some are from Mississauga it's best we keep it central so we can all drive almost equal distance as we all love driving our D!
Heck I'd even drive to Mississauga since I bought my ML from the M-B dealer in Mavis Rd.

I've been to this location:
Tim Hortons
2075 Sheppard Ave E
Toronto ON, M2J 1W6
(416) 491-6731

(East fo the 404) beside the new Condo towers on the South side.
That is easy to get to off the 401.
http://www.timhortons.com/us/locator...html?id=100024

We can all park on the East side of the building.

Perhaps we could meet on Saturday so our friend Wayne's World from the US can join us too?
If he is coming we could even drive to Mississauga!

Saturday/Sunday both days work for me, any location will work. Wayne please chime in....

BTW: I live 5 minutes from the MB dealer on Mavis Road, in laws bought both E's from these guys.
__________________
2011 335D Alpine White/Chestnut Brown, M-Sport, Premium, NAV..SOLD
2012 VW Golf TDI Black/Black, Highline, DSG, Nav..His
2012 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6spd White/Black, Highline, Pan Roof, Nav..Hers
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Wayne's World Wayne's World is offline
Monkey Wrencher
Location: Easton, PA
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 215
Mein Auto: 2005 325i Sport 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZLMAN View Post
Saturday/Sunday both days work for me, any location will work. Wayne please chime in....

BTW: I live 5 minutes from the MB dealer on Mavis Road, in laws bought both E's from these guys.
Unfortunately I'm headed back on Sun morning. Sat just got booked up with the wife's plans but I might be available for a late night rendevouz in the area. I'm staying at family behind the golf course off Terry Fox.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Bimmer App
__________________
2002 Sterling Gray M5
'nuff said
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-22-2012, 03:35 AM
DC-IT DC-IT is offline
Love my Diesel Vehicles
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 502
Mein Auto: E350BlueTec, Jetta TDI
Guess we can gtg on Sunday @ 2 pm then?
So far 5 are coming?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Bimmer App
__________________
DC-IT

Current Rides:
2013 E350 BlueTec
2011 VW Jetta TDI
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-22-2012, 06:34 AM
DZLMAN DZLMAN is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 120
Mein Auto: 335d M Sport/Premium Pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-IT View Post
Guess we can gtg on Sunday @ 2 pm then?
So far 5 are coming?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Bimmer App
DC-IT - Confirmed
DZLMAN - Confirmed

DZLMoose - Please confirm
GreekboyD - Please confirm
Kanuck - Please confirm

What about location?? Although I work at Steeles and 404 area but don't know of a tims with nice open parking lot to be able to do a photo shoot
__________________
2011 335D Alpine White/Chestnut Brown, M-Sport, Premium, NAV..SOLD
2012 VW Golf TDI Black/Black, Highline, DSG, Nav..His
2012 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6spd White/Black, Highline, Pan Roof, Nav..Hers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms