Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:37 AM

Mein Auto: 97 Toyota Camry
about 2013 128i, is this a good deal?

so i've been doing some online shopping recently as I am going to get a new car soon
quite honestly, bmw is not my first option because i'm a student and my family hates the idea of me (student) driving a bimmer.
however i am thrilled when i came across this 2013 128i w/ SULEV that is selling for almost $30,000.
The car is basically stock, with only heated front seats, BMW Assist, and Satellite Radio.

what really made me consider this car is its 4 yr/ 50,000 miles free maintenance (or BMW has it already but i didn't know)

my questions are:
1. since the bmwusa does not say what standard equipment and optional equipment are, is connectdrive standard?
2. this car is not equipped with HID and angel eyes, is there anyway I could replace that in the future if i decide to get this car? or is it not recommended?
3. is this a good buy?

so far those are the questions i have. ill update as i come across more questions.
i'm fairly new to BMW world, so excuse me if i ask some questions that are way too easy or too obvious.

thanks!
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6616 View Post
so i've been doing some online shopping recently as I am going to get a new car soon
quite honestly, bmw is not my first option because i'm a student and my family hates the idea of me (student) driving a bimmer.
however i am thrilled when i came across this 2013 128i w/ SULEV that is selling for almost $30,000.
The car is basically stock, with only heated front seats, BMW Assist, and Satellite Radio.

what really made me consider this car is its 4 yr/ 50,000 miles free maintenance (or BMW has it already but i didn't know)

my questions are:
1. since the bmwusa does not say what standard equipment and optional equipment are, is connectdrive standard?
2. this car is not equipped with HID and angel eyes, is there anyway I could replace that in the future if i decide to get this car? or is it not recommended?
3. is this a good buy?

so far those are the questions i have. ill update as i come across more questions.
i'm fairly new to BMW world, so excuse me if i ask some questions that are way too easy or too obvious.

thanks!
do a ton of research also there might be a sponsor here on the board that might be able to work out a good deal

1.i doubt it
2.do you mean the x lights?
3.there's a ton of more info needed before that can be determined.

i have a thread going in the dealer section with a bunch of questions that might be helpful to look over

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App
Old 11-23-2012, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr29 View Post
do a ton of research also there might be a sponsor here on the board that might be able to work out a good deal

1.i doubt it
2.do you mean the x lights?
3.there's a ton of more info needed before that can be determined.

i have a thread going in the dealer section with a bunch of questions that might be helpful to look over

got it
ill look over it
and yes sir, i mean the x lights.
so basically the car is just standard 128i with heated front seats, bmw assist, and satellite radio and standard 4 year maintenance for $30,305. The deal expires on 11/30/2012.
thanks!

Last edited by ws6616; 11-23-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:05 AM

Mein Auto: bmw
sounds like they wanna move that car.how many miles is on it? sounds too good to be true with those options from what i know right now

Old 11-23-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr29 View Post
sounds like they wanna move that car.how many miles is on it? sounds too good to be true with those options from what i know right now

so i went to check the car out today.
the car is new, with only around 20 miles on it (including the test drive miles i put in)
i asked them why it's set at the price, and they say it's the promotion program thing that they are doing now.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 PM

Mein Auto: Chevrolet Tahoe
Sounds like a good deal

Bachrodt BMW in Rockford IL sold a similar vehicle for $34,845 per www.voiceofthedriver.com

So I'd say yeah, it sounds like a good deal...........
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM

Mein Auto: Chevrolet Tahoe
Did a little more research and found that Encinitas BMW sold one for $29,600 (per the same site I previously listed).

Besides your quote for $30K, this is about the lowest I've found. Let us know if you end up pulling the trigger.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to RufusKing
Mein Auto: Z4 3.0i Roadster
Note i would recommend that if you dotn have money for service then simply get the extended warranty if available. from the dealer it is called CPO (Certified PreOwned) You wont us eit a lot because BMW really makes a good vehicle. However, when things do go wrong they can be a little expensive.

2009 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.0i

I call her weezey

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster - Sold and I miss her.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 PM
BMW CCA Member

Mein Auto: 10' 328i Cp;12' X5 35d
+1. If you cant afford BWM Extended Warranty Plans or a CPO. Then you can shop around for third party plans. Just do a search or ask forum members which third party plans are the best.

2010 328i M Sport Package, BMW Performance Exhaust & Short Shift Kit.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusKing View Post
Note i would recommend that if you dotn have money for service then simply get the extended warranty if available. from the dealer it is called CPO (Certified PreOwned) You wont us eit a lot because BMW really makes a good vehicle. However, when things do go wrong they can be a little expensive.
Pretty sure you can't CPO a new vehicle, unless they changed something. You can extend the maintenance or warranty for as long as the new car maintenance and warranty is good for, so you might as well wait until you're close to 4 years or 50k before you do it.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 AM
BMW CCA Member

Mein Auto: 10' 328i Cp;12' X5 35d
Is it possible to decertify a CPO to get a lower price on a used BMW?

2010 328i M Sport Package, BMW Performance Exhaust & Short Shift Kit.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Dkami

Mein Auto: 2010 128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0rd NIk0n View Post
Is it possible to decertify a CPO to get a lower price on a used BMW?
When I bought mine, that was one option that was offered

I decided that for the little that I would be getting discounted it wasn't worth not having a warranty to 100k and 10 years
D