Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335i
Thanks icu for your post.

I have a 2011 build date Oct 2010 w/ the combox. Before I went to the website, I went out to my car to write down what software ver I currently have and it shows bluetooth ver TX-003.004.031 So I went to the website put in my VIN# and chose Verizon and then iPhone 5, it showed that an update is available for my car.

It said Bluetooth software version after I do the software update will now be: TX-003.005.004 So I put the file on a memory stick and went to my idrive and downloaded the update, it said my car had to be running to do the update, so after the update processed. I checked to see what software I currently have and it shows: TX-003.005.005

So that means the downloaded file contains a newer ver than what it states on the website because it said I was going to get TX-003.005.004 but I actually now have TX-003.005.005

My iphone 5 has not arrived yet still on order, so I can't try it out yet, but my Htc droid incredible still works like it did before. I just hope when my new iphone arrives it will work with the new lightening cable and I don't have to get the 30 pin adapter.