Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M5
2013 HUD Junction View - Not Color

Thought I'd post an interesting observation that might be rectifiable with coding.

On my outgoing 2012 F10 550, my HUD would display color graphics (during daytime - usually) for upcoming exits and junctions, sort of like the below:

On my 2013 F10 M5 - with the updated iDrive system - the junction graphics are now single color (grayscale-ish) and look less refined than the previous system. For example, the Interstate graphic is no longer red/white/blue. And the road isn't shaded, just outlined. I can't find a picture of how it looks (and wouldn't try to take one while driving), but it's definitely different.

The lane guidance graphics seem to be unchanged (below):

Stealth - did you notice this on your car? It's bugging me. It was one of the cooler features of BMW's HUD.
Ads by Google
Old 10-11-2012, 05:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Thought I'd post an interesting observation that might be rectifiable with coding.

On my 2013 F10 M5 - with the updated iDrive system - the junction graphics are now single color (grayscale-ish) and look less refined than the previous system. For example, the Interstate graphic is no longer red/white/blue. And the road isn't shaded, just outlined. I can't find a picture of how it looks (and wouldn't try to take one while driving), but it's definitely different.
I didn't see what this looked like in MY12 but what you describe fits what I'm seeing in my MY13.

Last edited by ksqrd; 10-11-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksqrd View Post
I didn't see what this looked like in MY12 but what you describe fits what I'm seeing in my MY13.
Interesting. So at least it's not related to the M HUD view in my car.

I really miss the old view. I wish I could bring it back.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:20 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Interesting. So at least it's not related to the M HUD view in my car.

I really miss the old view. I wish I could bring it back.
I think this depends on the junction. On my car I have been seeing color graphics on most junctions inside the HUD. This said most of the time I have it on M Mode.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels