Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:38 PM

Mein Auto: 650i convertible
Streaming Music

I have a 2008 650i convertible, and I want stream Slacker and/or Pandora through my iphone 4s through my car speakers. Can I, and if so, how do I accomplish this?

FYI...I synched the phone via bluetooth to the car, but I can only make, receive, etc. calls--not stream music from my phone through my car speakers.

FYI...I have a usb port in my console, but when plugging the phone into it and selecting AUX, the usb option is grayed out...
Ads by Google
Old 11-25-2012, 05:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe
I believe you can do it with a Denison box installed. Do a search on Denison.

2012 650 Coupe - Alpine White / Black Interior / M Package / Premium Sound
Previous Bimmers:
2008 650i Convertible - Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown Pearl Leather / Premium Sound / Sport / Cold / Comfort Access / Lane Departure / HD Radio / Sat Radio
2004 645Ci Convertible - Reverse Sensors / Reverse Camera / Retro iPod
2005 545i Sedan
2003 330Ci Convertible
2001 330Ci Coupe
1998 323i Convertible
1995 318i Sedan
Old 11-25-2012, 05:22 PM

Mein Auto: 650i convertible
Denison Search

Thanks for the lead. The search led me to everything from Denison Hydraulic to Denison University. Nothing about a Denison box I can install in my car to allow streaming through the car speakers...what am I doing wrong?
Old 11-25-2012, 05:43 PM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
I think it's Dension
Old 11-25-2012, 07:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
It's the Denison Gateway 500 series I think you are looking for.

Try this link

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtaka View Post
I think it's Dension

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
The Dension Gateway 500 is $420 or so, the Dension BTA1500 Bluetooth Module is another $85 or so, a bit pricey for what you want to do.

If you want to stream music then go buy yourself a dedicated streaming device. With the one I list below you will use the Stereo cable and plug it into your AUX In headphone port. Then, when you get in your car, the phone will auto-connect to the streamer wirelessly and you can hear everything through your Aux setting in Idrive. The stream device is always attached to your Aux In port.

I use the Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway for my Wifes Iphone. I like that one in particular because it does not work off of a rechargeable battery, it is USB powered and when plugged into the cigarette lighter turns off and on with the car ignition (or hardwire it in like I did). Other devices on the market require that you plug them in periodically to charge, nothing I hate than losing the connection because the device is dead and you forgot to remove and charge. By the way, the Iphone will still connect to the car bluetooth for phone calls, it does keep a simultaneous connection the the car and the streamer at the same time. When listening to music it will flip over to the phone, then back to the music when the call is finished.

The Blackberry module may not be made anymore but they are still being sold, also on ebay, probably cost at the most $50. The only bad part that I have found, and I have tested 4 different streaming devices, is that the overall sound quality is degraded a bit. But others love the sound quality so perhaps I am too picky.

Last edited by tampamark; 11-26-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2007' BMW 650i
Here is an option, like the Blackberry model above, that operates on battery.

Miccus Mini-jack TX (transmitter) $35 on Amazon.com.

Operating times - Up to 7 hours playback using internal Lithium-Ion battery or continuous with USB.

2007' BMW 650i Cabriolet | Stratus Metallic - Gray top
SMG Transmission | HUD | Logic 7 | Sport Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg
Adaptive Cruise Control | Comfort Access

Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JlMMY View Post
Here is an option, like the Blackberry model above, that operates on battery.

Miccus Mini-jack TX (transmitter) $35 on Amazon.com.

Operating times - Up to 7 hours playback using internal Lithium-Ion battery or continuous with USB.
Hey Jimmy, nice find! I have been streaming wireless bluetooth for many years now and there are a ton of options coming to market.

One correction to your post, the Miccus Mini-jack TX is a transmitter that you plug into the device that has the music playing, into it's headphone port. That is for devices that do not have bluetooth such as inexpensive MP3 players that only use hardwire headphones.

What he needs is the Miccus Mini-jack RX, which is a reciever module that you would plug into the Aux-In port. It runs $49.99. The TX model is not needed since the Iphone has Bluetooth A2DP transmitter built in.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2007' BMW 650i
Thank you Tampamark. Amazon has the receiver as well, which is also battery operated. I have them both and they work great.

2007' BMW 650i Cabriolet | Stratus Metallic - Gray top
SMG Transmission | HUD | Logic 7 | Sport Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg
Adaptive Cruise Control | Comfort Access

Old 12-01-2012, 09:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by claster View Post
I have a 2008 650i convertible, and I want stream Slacker and/or Pandora through my iphone 4s through my car speakers. Can I, and if so, how do I accomplish this?

FYI...I synched the phone via bluetooth to the car, but I can only make, receive, etc. calls--not stream music from my phone through my car speakers.

FYI...I have a usb port in my console, but when plugging the phone into it and selecting AUX, the usb option is grayed out...
When you're trying to play Pandora, you don't select AUX, you have to change to CD then select CD1. At least that's how it works in my '06 650.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650i Convertible
I purchased this inexpensive BT receiver from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o06_s00_i00

It plugs into the the Aux port in my '07 6-series and I pair my phone with it. Works pretty well, and I can simultaneously connect my phone (Android Galaxy Nexus) with the car to make/receive calls. Only downside is that the receiver needs to be charged via USB periodically and it doesn't appear as if you can charge while it's connected to the phone. I bought an inexpensive USB cigarette lighter charge on eBay as well.