Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Allies_X3 Allies_X3 is offline
BMW Rookie
Location: Baltimore, MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i
Thank you guys for this thread. I am looking at ordering an X1, and it looks like I can get it for about $35,530 with the cold/tech packages and some extra goodies.
__________________
Allie

-=My Garage=-
2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather pkg, and Tech Pkg
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Premium Pkg, Xenons, Cold weather pkg, Nav - RETIRED
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Cold weather pkg, Nav
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Lauren Thatcher Ulrich
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM
two-five boy two-five boy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Queens, NY
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 395
Mein Auto: 11' X5 Sport Activity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allies_X3 View Post
Thank you guys for this thread. I am looking at ordering an X1, and it looks like I can get it for about $35,530 with the cold/tech packages and some extra goodies.
You need to figure out what is the invoice for ur car as configured to determine whether you have a good deal or not. Goto bmwconfig.com to see the invoice #s
__________________
2013 X1 28i Sport - AW/Coral Red/Ultimate/Cold/Lighting (Delivered on 12/8/12)
2011 X5 35i Sport Activity - AW/Blk/Aluminum (GONE)
2005 X3 3.0 (GONE)
2006 Subaru Legacy GT (GONE)
2001 Honda Prelude modded (GONE)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Allies_X3 Allies_X3 is offline
BMW Rookie
Location: Baltimore, MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by two-five boy View Post
You need to figure out what is the invoice for ur car as configured to determine whether you have a good deal or not. Goto bmwconfig.com to see the invoice #s
Yup! That's what I did. Then I added $500 and then subtracted 1250 for owner loyalty/holiday cash.
__________________
Allie

-=My Garage=-
2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather pkg, and Tech Pkg
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Premium Pkg, Xenons, Cold weather pkg, Nav - RETIRED
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Cold weather pkg, Nav
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Lauren Thatcher Ulrich
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 PM
djsturn djsturn is offline
Registered User
Location: Alaska/Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: Ford Expedition
X1 Price in Florida

Has anyone bought a X1 s28i with the Ultimate Package in Florida? If so what was the price? I have been negotiating for a few days and thought I had a deal, it wasn't great but was a price I could live with 900.00 over invoice price based on BMWconfig.com. The car has to be ordered so I don't have an actual invoice. The kicker was when the dealer wrote back saying they except my offer of $37,600 plus tax, tag title transfers and doc fee. The doc fee is 799.00! I adjusted my offer to 36800.00 to compensate for the outrageous doc fee. Has anyone else had this experience?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-23-2012, 01:05 PM
ynot6352 ynot6352 is offline
Registered User
Location: ct
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: x3
Where are you u getting 500 over invoice a...here on the east coast I can't get them to move more than 1 or 2 p
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-23-2012, 05:44 PM
El Phantasmo El Phantasmo is offline
Registered User
Location: Chattanooga
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: Soon to have X1
Invoice + about 1300 for a new X1.

Didn't haggle at all (its a custom order. Will get it in a month or two). Dealer was very nice, said he has more wiggle room on cars that are on the lot (or dealer trades) if we wanted a better deal. We wanted specific options and colors and the few hundred in savings wasn't enough to justify the difference.

We looked at cars for over a month and went to the BMW dealer 4-5 times. We spend many hours driving different cars and playing with the multiple features etc. I generally hate car shopping, but the dealer (Chattanooga BMW, Ask for Bender) made it very nice. Drove multiple X1, X3, 3 series etc.

http://www.bmwofchattanooga.com/index.htm
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:05 PM
two-five boy two-five boy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Queens, NY
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 395
Mein Auto: 11' X5 Sport Activity
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynot6352 View Post
Where are you u getting 500 over invoice a...here on the east coast I can't get them to move more than 1 or 2 p
I'm getting mine from bayside BMW in queens ny. Pm me for for sales rep's contact and I'll give her a heads up to see if she can do the same deal for u. FYI I've bought multiple cars from her hence the good deal, perhaps.
__________________
2013 X1 28i Sport - AW/Coral Red/Ultimate/Cold/Lighting (Delivered on 12/8/12)
2011 X5 35i Sport Activity - AW/Blk/Aluminum (GONE)
2005 X3 3.0 (GONE)
2006 Subaru Legacy GT (GONE)
2001 Honda Prelude modded (GONE)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Allies_X3 Allies_X3 is offline
BMW Rookie
Location: Baltimore, MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i
I dropped the hammer on a xdrive28i. Valencia orange with Premium, cold weather and tech packages. Paid $800 over invoice at northwest bmw in Pikesvillle, Maryland.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1353880556.232737.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	350858  
__________________
Allie

-=My Garage=-
2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather pkg, and Tech Pkg
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Premium Pkg, Xenons, Cold weather pkg, Nav - RETIRED
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Cold weather pkg, Nav
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Lauren Thatcher Ulrich
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
djsturn djsturn is offline
Registered User
Location: Alaska/Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: Ford Expedition
Floor mats?

Are floor mats standard or do you have to order them? I didn't see them as an option.

Thanks
DJ
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Allies_X3 Allies_X3 is offline
BMW Rookie
Location: Baltimore, MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsturn View Post
Are floor mats standard or do you have to order them? I didn't see them as an option.

Thanks
DJ
Mine came with floor mats. I am pretty sure they're not listed as an option.
__________________
Allie

-=My Garage=-
2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather pkg, and Tech Pkg
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Premium Pkg, Xenons, Cold weather pkg, Nav - RETIRED
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Cold weather pkg, Nav
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Lauren Thatcher Ulrich
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
djsturn djsturn is offline
Registered User
Location: Alaska/Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: Ford Expedition
Thanks Allie!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:07 AM
djsturn djsturn is offline
Registered User
Location: Alaska/Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: Ford Expedition
I ordered my X1 s28i, I'm so excited. I have been waiting to order the X1 since I first heard it was going to be released in the US. I wanted something small but still needed room for my shepherds, the X1 is the perfect size for me and I love the way it looks. I have driven a van or SUV for the last 14 years and can't wait to drive something more sporty. Initially I was going to buy the AWD since I live in Alaska but I decided to retire and move back to Florida and don't need the AWD. After 14 years in Alaska I hope to never see snow again.

As a side note I lived in Anchorage and now live in Kenai I have driven a FWD Honda Odyssey for 12 years and never had to put snowtires on it and I have never had a problem getting around up here. They keep the roads plowed and in good condition, actually they are better in winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

BMW X1

2.0-liter, TwinPower Turbo, inline 4-cylinder engine Rear-wheel drive
Cashmere Silver metallic
Sand Beige 'Nevada' Leather
Light Fineline Wood Trim
Lighting Package
Ultimate Package
Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
Chrome-line exterior trim
Heated front seats
Roof rails in Aluminum Satin

I paid the invoice price based on BMWconfig.com, but it is actually $800 over invoice when you add the Florida Doc Fees to the price. My X1 should arrive in Florida mid January.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Allies_X3 Allies_X3 is offline
BMW Rookie
Location: Baltimore, MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsturn View Post
I ordered my X1 s28i, I'm so excited. I have been waiting to order the X1 since I first heard it was going to be released in the US. I wanted something small but still needed room for my shepherds, the X1 is the perfect size for me and I love the way it looks. I have driven a van or SUV for the last 14 years and can't wait to drive something more sporty. Initially I was going to buy the AWD since I live in Alaska but I decided to retire and move back to Florida and don't need the AWD. After 14 years in Alaska I hope to never see snow again.

As a side note I lived in Anchorage and now live in Kenai I have driven a FWD Honda Odyssey for 12 years and never had to put snowtires on it and I have never had a problem getting around up here. They keep the roads plowed and in good condition, actually they are better in winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

BMW X1

2.0-liter, TwinPower Turbo, inline 4-cylinder engine Rear-wheel drive
Cashmere Silver metallic
Sand Beige 'Nevada' Leather
Light Fineline Wood Trim
Lighting Package
Ultimate Package
Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters
Chrome-line exterior trim
Heated front seats
Roof rails in Aluminum Satin

I paid the invoice price based on BMWconfig.com, but it is actually $800 over invoice when you add the Florida Doc Fees to the price. My X1 should arrive in Florida mid January.
Congrats! You'll love it, I have no doubt about it.

I have to disagree with you about the snow, though; I can't get enough of it :-)

Enjoy retirement!
__________________
Allie

-=My Garage=-
2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather pkg, and Tech Pkg
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Premium Pkg, Xenons, Cold weather pkg, Nav - RETIRED
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Cold weather pkg, Nav
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Lauren Thatcher Ulrich
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 PM
shane.reid shane.reid is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Portsmouth, VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 122
Mein Auto: 325i
So aim for $500 over invoice BEFORE incentives? Sounds crazy, but I'd love to get it.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Tirpitz Tirpitz is offline
Registered User
Location: California
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
Mein Auto: 2013 X1 sDrive28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane.reid View Post
So aim for $500 over invoice BEFORE incentives? Sounds crazy, but I'd love to get it.
Yes, target that. It can be done but you might have to talk to several dealers to make it happen. I went to two who said "new model, minimal discount" before talking to a forum sponsor who immediately offered $500 over invoice.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Allies_X3 Allies_X3 is offline
BMW Rookie
Location: Baltimore, MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane.reid View Post
So aim for $500 over invoice BEFORE incentives? Sounds crazy, but I'd love to get it.
Check forum sponsors to save yourself time
__________________
Allie

-=My Garage=-
2013 BMW X1 xDrive 28i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather pkg, and Tech Pkg
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Premium Pkg, Xenons, Cold weather pkg, Nav - RETIRED
2006 BMW X3 3.0i, Cold weather pkg, Nav
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Lauren Thatcher Ulrich
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-07-2012, 09:39 PM
schnieds schnieds is offline
Registered User
Location: Seattle WA
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: Nissan Frontier
Ordered my X1

Got $500 over invoice and custom ordered my X1 from BMW Bellevue in WA. Plus getting an additional $500 off in holiday cash.

xDrive28i
Metallic Deep Sea Blue
Panoramic Moonroof
Heated Seats

Supposed to arrive mid-Jan, can't wait!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:55 PM
torifile torifile is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Durham, NC
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 190
Mein Auto: 335d
I think the holiday cash coming off MSRP has big implications for how great this deal is for those of us leasing or looking to lease. I'm sure it would affect the numbers rather than it being a sales price reduction.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 PM
TST TST is offline
Registered User
Location: Winthrop, WA
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
Send a message via ICQ to TST
Mein Auto: 2012 Golf TDI, 2007 Rav4
Schneids, who was your CA at BMW Bellevue? Would you recommend him/her? Thanks?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 PM
schnieds schnieds is offline
Registered User
Location: Seattle WA
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: Nissan Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by TST View Post
Schneids, who was your CA at BMW Bellevue? Would you recommend him/her? Thanks?
Dave Skipworth skipworthd @autonation .com

Really enjoyed working with him. Very helpful, very nice and overall seems like a great guy. He has been emailing me regular updates about the production status of my X1 as well.

Highly recommended!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Richman Richman is offline
Registered User
Location: Andover, MA
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: Acura MDX
Great time to order - under invoice

I just placed my order on sat 12/15. Including the $500 off to use BMW financing I paid $250 under invoice. Car is heavily loaded - glacier silver, terra nevada seats, wood trim, xline, ultimate, lighting, cold weather, servotronic, paddle shifters, HK stereo, satellite radio. First new car for me in 11 years. I financed the min of 7500 and will pay it off at the 4th installment which they said was the min to take advantage of this rebate. I think I could have done better than this since this was my initial offer price and they accepted straight away. Did all via email. When I went to sign to place the order the sales rep said BMW is looking for volume right now. Ordered from BMW Peabody (MA).
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 AM
edx1's Avatar
edx1 edx1 is offline
Missing German roads
Location: Wasatch front
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 455
Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richman View Post
I just placed my order on sat 12/15. Including the $500 off to use BMW financing I paid $250 under invoice. Car is heavily loaded - glacier silver, terra nevada seats, wood trim, xline, ultimate, lighting, cold weather, servotronic, paddle shifters, HK stereo, satellite radio. First new car for me in 11 years. I financed the min of 7500 and will pay it off at the 4th installment which they said was the min to take advantage of this rebate. I think I could have done better than this since this was my initial offer price and they accepted straight away. Did all via email. When I went to sign to place the order the sales rep said BMW is looking for volume right now. Ordered from BMW Peabody (MA).
Did you hve $750 off for benig bmw financial, so $500 over invoice before any credits? Or did you negotiate to $250 over invoice before the $500 credit?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Richman Richman is offline
Registered User
Location: Andover, MA
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: Acura MDX
$250 over invoice then the $500 credit
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 PM
grbbikracr grbbikracr is offline
Registered User
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: subaru specb
What is the best way to contact a dealer that is on this forum? NJ preferably. No warm fuzzy feeling from the first dealership I talked with.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
mr29 mr29 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ohio
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 574
Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirpitz View Post
I'm at $500 over invoice from a forum sponsor. Fees on top of that are listed as:

$336 DMV (title/license)
$7 CA Tire fee
$80 Doc fee
=========
$452 Total fees

Plus sales tax of course. I don't think you should be looking at any fees beyond those. Training fee and MACO were included in the quoted invoice price.
noted here

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms