Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10
Sounds good. Let me know.

Sean
Old 11-26-2012, 07:43 AM

Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Does your CIC have 47.x or newer firmware?
How can I determine that?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterC4 View Post
How can I determine that?
What is the current Integration Level (I-Step) of your car?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Read I-Level Steps.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	350917  

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
What is the current Integration Level (I-Step) of your car?
So when it was shipped it was F010 11 09 505 and now it is F010 12 07 533. I assume the numbers in the middle are dates which makes sense.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
So when it was shipped it was F010 11 09 505 and now it is F010 12 07 533. I assume the numbers in the middle are dates which makes sense.
So it shipped with ISTA/P 2.44.0, and now it has either 2.47.5 or 2.47.7. I guess it was recently programmed by your Dealer. In any event, your Entertainment List in the HUD should be working. Did you enable the checkbox under HUD options?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
So it shipped with ISTA/P 2.44.0, and now it has either 2.47.5 or 2.47.7. I guess it was recently programmed by your Dealer. In any event, your Entertainment List in the HUD should be working. Did you enable the checkbox under HUD options?
Hmmm.. I didn't see that in my menu when I coded it. Maybe I've got the steps wrong. Is it...

KOMBI
Section 3000
- HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE to aktiv (enables radio menu)
- HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE to aktiv (enables recent calls list to be displayed)

and then..

- HUD_ENTERTAINMENTLIST in HU_CIC? I don't think I can find this one.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Hmmm.. I didn't see that in my menu when I coded it. Maybe I've got the steps wrong. Is it...

KOMBI
Section 3000
- HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE to aktiv (enables radio menu)
- HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE to aktiv (enables recent calls list to be displayed)

and then..

- HUD_ENTERTAINMENTLIST in HU_CIC? I don't think I can find this one.
Hmm...the last one is in HU_NBT on new builds, but if I recall right, the checkbox shows up, but it can't be checked, yet the Entertainment List still appears in the HUD and works.

I am not sure though if it is also in HU_CIC.

For HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE, you are enabling this in Kombi, and for HUD_ENTERTAINMENTLIST it is in CIC, correct?

Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Hmm...the last one is in HU_NBT on new builds, but if I recall right, the checkbox shows up, but it can't be checked, yet the Entertainment List still appears in the HUD and works.

I am not sure though if it is also in HU_CIC.

For HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE, you are enabling this in Kombi, and for HUD_ENTERTAINMENTLIST it is in CIC, correct?

HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE is in KOMBI correct. But I didn't find HUD_ENTERTAINMENTLIST in CIC. Maybe it's somewhere else? But wait..Would it be in a menu like HU_NBT? I would have thought that menu HU_NBT would not be in my car.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE is in KOMBI correct. But I didn't find HUD_ENTERTAINMENTLIST in CIC. Maybe it's somewhere else? But wait..Would it be in a menu like HU_NBT? I would have thought that menu HU_NBT would not be in my car.
It exists as a coding option in HU_NBT, but apparently it does not exist in HU_CIC, nor is it apparently needed.

A syou know from this Thread, marcosg and Alan L. both have it working on their older model year cars with just HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...210&highlight=

I don't understand why yours though isn't working.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
It exists as a coding option in HU_NBT, but apparently it does not exist in HU_CIC, nor is it apparently needed.

A syou know from this Thread, marcosg and Alan L. both have it working on their older model year cars with just HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...210&highlight=

I don't understand why yours though isn't working.
I'm going to try it again. I have enabled the turn signals in the HUD so it should work. I think I will code one at a time, disconnect. Shut the car off, restart it and see.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I'm going to try it again. I have enabled the turn signals in the HUD so it should work. I think I will code one at a time, disconnect. Shut the car off, restart it and see.
It worked. I have 2012 model year car - reprogrammed in July. Here's how it works. I coded the following, one at a time. Disconnected and turned the ignition off each time for a minute, restarted.

Coding as follows:

HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE to aktiv (enables radio menu)

HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE to aktiv (enables recent calls list to be displayed)

You will not have the ability to turn off this information at the HUD display menu, but these are not intrusive. At first you don't notice anything different. For the Entertainment, if you press your steering wheel mode button, the entertainment menu comes up and you can scroll through the stations, or go to DVD, or AM radio etc...it will disappear from the screen after a few seconds of non-use. Seems quite sensible to me.

I haven't used the phone option yet, as I have not had any calls recently. Does the caller come up in the HUD?

Last edited by PeterC4; 11-26-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
It worked. I have 2012 model year car - reprogrammed in July. Here's how it works. I coded the following, one at a time. Disconnected and turned the ignition off each time for a minute, restarted.

Coding as follows:

HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE to aktiv (enables radio menu)

HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE to aktiv (enables recent calls list to be displayed)

You will not have the ability to turn off this information at the HUD display menu, but these are not intrusive. At first you don't notice anything different. For the Entertainment, if you press your steering wheel mode button, the entertainment menu comes up and you can scroll through the stations, or go to DVD, or AM radio etc...it will disappear from the screen after a few seconds of non-use. Seems quite sensible to me.

I haven't used the phone option yet, as I have not had any calls recently. Does the caller come up in the HUD?
Ok. Good deal.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:46 PM

Callers in HUD

Okay, I used the phone today after coding HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE to aktiv (enables recent calls list to be displayed)..great feature.

When a caller phones you, the number come up on the HUD and the accept or reject? option. Then when you answer by pressing the wheel controller on your steering wheel it disappears from the HUD. This is an excellent feature and builds in redundancy into the visual controls. I wish some of these features were there already, but it appears that the HUD will be getting more visual displays for the future making me think BMW is betting this will be a feature of their cars. I like it. Keeps your eyes on the road. The info is in decent font size too...easy to read.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Are HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE, HUD_TELEFONANRUF_EANBLE AND HUD_TELEFONBUNCH_EANBLE only available on the F10? It tried coding this on F25 this evening and it does not exist that I can tell.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardjoe View Post
Are HUD_ENTERTAINMENT_ENABLE, HUD_TELEFONANRUF_EANBLE AND HUD_TELEFONBUNCH_EANBLE only available on the F10? It tried coding this on F25 this evening and it does not exist that I can tell.
It should be for all chassis. You need 47.x HU_CIC firmware though. The F25 probably has an older Integration Level.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
It should be for all chassis. You need 47.x HU_CIC firmware though. The F25 probably has an older Integration Level.
That's probably it. Car was manufactured April 2012. Does E-Sys display the version?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
That's probably it. Car was manufactured April 2012. Does E-Sys display the version?
No. You can read your Integration Level, and then that can be cross-referenced to the ISTA/P version used to last program the vehicle.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Okay, I used the phone today after coding HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE to aktiv (enables recent calls list to be displayed)..great feature.

When a caller phones you, the number come up on the HUD and the accept or reject? option. Then when you answer by pressing the wheel controller on your steering wheel it disappears from the HUD. This is an excellent feature and builds in redundancy into the visual controls. I wish some of these features were there already, but it appears that the HUD will be getting more visual displays for the future making me think BMW is betting this will be a feature of their cars. I like it. Keeps your eyes on the road. The info is in decent font size too...easy to read.
With both of these enabled:

HUD_TELEFONBUCH_ENABLE
HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE

For your KOMBI / HUD, are you able to switch back and forth between the Recent Call List and the Phone book?

I enabled both on an M5 the other night, and pressing the Phone Button on the Steering Wheel would bring up the Recent Call List, but for the life of me, I could not figure out how to bring up the Phone Book.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:56 AM

Mein Auto: 550i
Quote:

HUD_TELEFONBUCH_ENABLE
HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE

For your KOMBI / HUD, are you able to switch back and forth between the Recent Call List and the Phone book?

I enabled both on an M5 the other night, and pressing the Phone Button on the Steering Wheel would bring up the Recent Call List, but for the life of me, I could not figure out how to bring up the Phone Book.
Shawn,

I experimented with this a bit. HUD_TELEFONBUCH_ENABLE allows the recent calls list to be displayed. HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE permits the incoming call to be displayed. I do not think that the phone book can be displayed.

JEG23
Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEG23 View Post
Shawn,

I experimented with this a bit. HUD_TELEFONBUCH_ENABLE allows the recent calls list to be displayed. HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE permits the incoming call to be displayed. I do not think that the phone book can be displayed.

JEG23
Odd. I coded a 550i two weeks ago, and I swear his Phonebook came up. Maybe he just had a huge list or recent calls and I confused it for his Phonebook then.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:46 AM

Mein Auto: 550i
Quote:
Odd. I coded a 550i two weeks ago, and I swear his Phonebook came up. Maybe he just had a huge list or recent calls and I confused it for his Phonebook then.
If you do not clean your recent call list, it can get quite big. Maybe I am wrong. Hopefully if somebody can get their full list showing they will chime in.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:31 PM

Mein Auto: x5
Navigation direction issue on HUD

On my 2011 F25, when you arrive at a destination and drive by, the HUD continues to provide directions, while the iDrive screen has ended its routing. Has this been fixed with ISTA/P 47.x. Just wondering if I could use that for dealer to upgrade my firmware?

Thanks,
Old 12-13-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scs_x5 View Post
On my 2011 F25, when you arrive at a destination and drive by, the HUD continues to provide directions, while the iDrive screen has ended its routing. Has this been fixed with ISTA/P 47.x. Just wondering if I could use that for dealer to upgrade my firmware?

Thanks,
Are you referring to the big, yellow arrow in the HUD that remains pointed in the direction of your final destination? Not sure if that's a bug. Figured it was a feature to help orient you on where the final destination is as you try to find parking or something else that takes you off track.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:47 PM

Mein Auto: x5
Quote:
Are you referring to the big, yellow arrow in the HUD that remains pointed in the direction of your final destination? Not sure if that's a bug. Figured it was a feature to help orient you on where the final destination is as you try to find parking or something else that takes you off track.
No, it is more than the floating arrow it actually provides directions like telling you to perform a U turn. If it was the case of providing orienting information, why does iDrive stop. I already notified the dealer and they were going to file a PUMA but told don't expect a fix anytime soon.

Last edited by scs_x5; 12-13-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Word missing
Old 12-15-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:

HUD_TELEFONBUCH_ENABLE
HUD_TELEFONANRUF_ENABLE

I will try to enable TELEFONBUNCH today and let you know.