Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by secany View Post
Just a quick bump, any E-sys newest version that we can run?
E-Sys 3.20.0 and 3.22.4 exist, but they do nothing more than what 3.18.4 can do. If you have 3.18.4, there is no need replace it.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-19-2013, 12:07 PM
nyydynasty nyydynasty is offline
Registered User
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2014 320i
I dont like posting questions that can be answered by searching so i'm reading up as much as I can about coding the F30 (2014 320i) but getting a little confused about what version of E-Sys and PSDZdata to install and use. There's a wealth of information on this forum but a little too much and a little overwhelming at times

Will E-Sys - 3.18.4 and PSDZdata V46.3 work for the F30 or do I need a newer version of both?

thanks!

Last edited by nyydynasty; 12-19-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-19-2013, 01:17 PM
vince59 vince59 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: roma. italia
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 160
Mein Auto: ducati
I had same troubles....I think 3.18 and 46.3 is too old for your needs.

Start at least with 3.23 and data 50
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-19-2013, 01:18 PM
nyydynasty nyydynasty is offline
Registered User
Location: NY
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2014 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince59 View Post
I had same troubles....I think 3.18 and 46.3 is too old for your needs.

Start at least with 3.23 and data 50
thank you for that. It least I know, now, what to look for.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-19-2013, 01:55 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyydynasty View Post
I dont like posting questions that can be answered by searching so i'm reading up as much as I can about coding the F30 (2014 320i) but getting a little confused about what version of E-Sys and PSDZdata to install and use. There's a wealth of information on this forum but a little too much and a little overwhelming at times

Will E-Sys - 3.18.4 and PSDZdata V46.3 work for the F30 or do I need a newer version of both?

thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyydynasty View Post
thank you for that. It least I know, now, what to look for.
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-28-2013, 07:44 AM
fbsc81 fbsc81 is offline
Registered User
Location: South Carolina
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 17
Mein Auto: 2013 528i
Hi Shawn,

I'm another BMW newbie here seeking your assistance. My car is a 2013 528i. I've ordered the enet cable and am reading up on all the requirements for coding. Could you point me in the right direction for downloading the necessary software?

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-28-2013, 11:35 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbsc81 View Post
Hi Shawn,

I'm another BMW newbie here seeking your assistance. My car is a 2013 528i. I've ordered the enet cable and am reading up on all the requirements for coding. Could you point me in the right direction for downloading the necessary software?

Many thanks!
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-29-2013, 01:06 PM
wheelproo wheelproo is offline
Registered User
Location: egypt
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: bmw f30
Cool hi

hi sir
I want to download and install e sys with last or good visrion that I can use it to bmw f30 model 2013 , but I am newer to use it
can you help ??
thanks
regards
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-29-2013, 01:08 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelproo View Post
hi sir
I want to download and install e sys with last or good visrion that I can use it to bmw f30 model 2013 , but I am newer to use it
can you help ??
thanks
regards
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-30-2013, 02:50 AM
whiskydanniell whiskydanniell is offline
Registered User
Location: Romania
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: F30
Hello.

I am new to this.

Pls helm me to install the latest version of E Sys.

Kind regards, Daniel.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-30-2013, 02:52 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskydanniell View Post
Hello.

I am new to this.

Pls helm me to install the latest version of E Sys.

Kind regards, Daniel.
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-30-2013, 10:34 PM
vjgmd3388 vjgmd3388 is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Hello, I have successfully coded my 2010 E60 with NCSExpert.
I now also own a 2013 335i (F30) and I have e-Sys with psdz 47.5.
The cafd files were 'not found' except 1 so I do know I was connected and almost ready to go.
Do I need the updated and newest E-Sys Program or can I code the new car with updated psdsdata 48.2?
Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 PM
vjgmd3388 vjgmd3388 is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
By the way, instead of making 2 or three instances of the psdz data files on your computer (i.e. when asked to make a copy of the "SWF" files in a second location, you can use NTSF Symbolic Links which save Gigabytes of space and may be an issue with smaller hard d rive laptops. So, if you have an directory that has a large amount of data let's say in
C:\E-Sys\Psdzdata and you need the SAME data to be in a different location let's say C:\secondSpot Here's what you do.
1.) Open Command Prompt but "Run as Administrator"
2. Type mklink /D C:\secondSpot\Psdzdata C:\E-Sys\Pzdzdata
3.) Windows will tell you if the link was successful.
4.) To confirm, go to C:\SecondSpot directory and you will see what looks to be a shortcut named Psdzdata.
It is not simply a shortcut but acts just as if you copied all the files there. But you didn't, it saves a great deal of space.
If either location contains spaces, just enclose that location with " " marks so windows knows how to proceed.
Good luck, I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-30-2013, 10:58 PM
vjgmd3388 vjgmd3388 is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Please also inform me if I should use F020 or F025 files for my F30.
This might not be an issue of the newer psdzdata files have a chassis selection specific for my F30.
Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-30-2013, 11:07 PM
FrogmanF30's Avatar
FrogmanF30 FrogmanF30 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjgmd3388 View Post
Please also inform me if I should use F020 or F025 files for my F30.
This might not be an issue of the newer psdzdata files have a chassis selection specific for my F30.
Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Use F020 (not DIRECT) for your F30.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-30-2013, 11:26 PM
vjgmd3388 vjgmd3388 is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Thanks, I think I need updated data and possibly also updated E-Sys program. Do you know if I need both or if the 4.82 psdzdata files will work on my 2013 335i?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-30-2013, 11:44 PM
FrogmanF30's Avatar
FrogmanF30 FrogmanF30 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjgmd3388 View Post
Thanks, I think I need updated data and possibly also updated E-Sys program. Do you know if I need both or if the 4.82 psdzdata files will work on my 2013 335i?
It all depends on what version of the software is on your car. 2.48.2 is pretty old.

Can you connect to your car and determine your current I-Step?

If so, that will tell you which psdzdata version you need. Certain psdzdata versions also have minimum versions of E-sys, so you may have to upgrade your E-Sys too.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-31-2013, 01:27 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjgmd3388 View Post
Hello, I have successfully coded my 2010 E60 with NCSExpert.
I now also own a 2013 335i (F30) and I have e-Sys with psdz 47.5.
The cafd files were 'not found' except 1 so I do know I was connected and almost ready to go.
Do I need the updated and newest E-Sys Program or can I code the new car with updated psdsdata 48.2?
Thanks for your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjgmd3388 View Post
Please also inform me if I should use F020 or F025 files for my F30.
This might not be an issue of the newer psdzdata files have a chassis selection specific for my F30.
Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjgmd3388 View Post
Thanks, I think I need updated data and possibly also updated E-Sys program. Do you know if I need both or if the 4.82 psdzdata files will work on my 2013 335i?
I replied to your PM.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-31-2013, 01:34 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjgmd3388 View Post
By the way, instead of making 2 or three instances of the psdz data files on your computer (i.e. when asked to make a copy of the "SWF" files in a second location, you can use NTSF Symbolic Links which save Gigabytes of space and may be an issue with smaller hard d rive laptops. So, if you have an directory that has a large amount of data let's say in
C:\E-Sys\Psdzdata and you need the SAME data to be in a different location let's say C:\secondSpot Here's what you do.
1.) Open Command Prompt but "Run as Administrator"
2. Type mklink /D C:\secondSpot\Psdzdata C:\E-Sys\Pzdzdata
3.) Windows will tell you if the link was successful.
4.) To confirm, go to C:\SecondSpot directory and you will see what looks to be a shortcut named Psdzdata.
It is not simply a shortcut but acts just as if you copied all the files there. But you didn't, it saves a great deal of space.
If either location contains spaces, just enclose that location with " " marks so windows knows how to proceed.
Good luck, I hope this helps.
Good thinking and thanks for sharing, but it is not necessary.

The E-Sys Instructions you followed are quite old, and incorrectly state that the SWFL files need to be copied from C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe\ into C:\ESysData\SWE\; however, this incorrect, so they do not need to be copied at all, nor any symbolic link to them made.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 AM
vjgmd3388 vjgmd3388 is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
One of the missing CAFD Files is:
cafd.00000909-004_002_034
I only had 1 CAFD file that was found.
I'll get the I-Step Current when the car gets back
and the rest of the CAFD files that were not found.
Sorry for the Symbolic Link discussion that was unnecessary.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-31-2013, 09:26 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjgmd3388 View Post
One of the missing CAFD Files is:
cafd.00000909-004_002_034
I only had 1 CAFD file that was found.
I'll get the I-Step Current when the car gets back
and the rest of the CAFD files that were not found.
Sorry for the Symbolic Link discussion that was unnecessary.
I think you need at least 48.2, but lets see what your I-Step Current shows.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-31-2013, 03:30 PM
vjgmd3388 vjgmd3388 is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
I-Step-Current F20-13-11-502
Only 1 CAFD file was found: CAFD_00000D37_001_000_000.ncd generated
All of the following were not found:
cafd_00000909-004_002_034
cafd_0000090a-004_003_024
cafd_0000090b-004_004_009
cafd_000002a5-003_009_000
cafd_000005b7-004_001_004
cafd_000005b6-004_002_017
cafd_00000b0a-000_031_000
cafd_000009ef-000_023_000
cafd_0000023f-016_016_027
cafd_00000098-000_008_100
cafd_00000694-003_003_045
cafd_00000794-007_031_012
cafd_00000a07-002_015_000
cafd_00000a08-003_010_001
cafd_000000f9-007_006_059
cafd_0000067b-002_003_139
cafd_00000a3f-005_001_016
cafd_000009c8-006_000_031
cafd_00001543-000_046_001
cafd_000007a1-005_031_003
cafd_000000b5-010_004_002
Thank you for your time and advice.
Will psdzdata 050 work in the E-Sys 3.18.14 Program?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-31-2013, 04:12 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,321
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
F020-13-11-502 is either 51.1 or 51.2 for F20 / F30 chassis, so no, you cannot use 50.0 PSdZData, and even if you could use it, you couldn't use it with E-Sys 3.18.4.

You need 51.2 PSdZData, which in turn means you need >= E-Sys 3.23.4.

PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 12-31-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:34 PM
vjgmd3388 vjgmd3388 is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
HUD Turnsignal Did not work with "Active" and werte 01.
Do you know if anything else needs to be "coded" for this to work?
Maybe a different Werte Value perhaps?

A few other notable issues:
Radio_Weatherband is located in HU CIC 3002 Not in 3000

Here are the things I was able to do thanks to this forum:
1.) Weatherband Added to Radio.
2.) Unlock Doors When in Park (and Push Start/Stop Button Once)
3.) Disabled Seat Belt Chime for Driver and Passenger
4.) Disabled Legal Disclaimer
5.) RDC Safety - Tire Pressure and Temp Displayed
6.) Close Windows and Roof With KeyFob
7.) Disable Auto Start/Stop

Thanks for all the advice and for monitoring these forums.

I'd love to convince BMW to reinstate the Manual Transmission with X-Drive that
was stopped after the 2010 Model Year for the 535xI. How can there be no market
for that combination in this country?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-10-2014, 09:22 AM
devilblack devilblack is offline
Registered User
Location: Kent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: BMW
ESYS software

Hi,
Looking to code my 2011 F10, could someone assit as where to download the latest software.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms