Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
Coding lighting

I coded some features today.

After coding, I noticed that when I switch off the car, the headlights switch off straightaway, instead of staying in for 40 seconds per the pathway lighting setting.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also I coded the FLA_Aktiv feature to be on (M5 doesn't have this option) and this is also not working even though I changed the setting to automatisch. I don't know if these 2 things are related. The only other lighting mod I did was switching off side markers.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2012, 04:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth.Pilot View Post
I coded some features today.

After coding, I noticed that when I switch off the car, the headlights switch off straightaway, instead of staying in for 40 seconds per the pathway lighting setting.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also I coded the FLA_Aktiv feature to be on (M5 doesn't have this option) and this is also not working even though I changed the setting to automatisch. I don't know if these 2 things are related. The only other lighting mod I did was switching off side markers.
What is the Pathway Lighting set for under the iDrive Lighting Options?

For AHB, BMW changed the behavior of FLA_AUTO_AKTIV from "aktiv" to "automatik", and now apparently the Lights need to be cycled before AHB works. You should read this thread if you haven't already:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=644297

wdimagineer retrofitted the stalk in his M5, which if I understood him correctly he still needs to cycle the lights for AHB to work, but it is easier from the stalk.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 AM
The Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
What is the Pathway Lighting set for under the iDrive Lighting Options?

For AHB, BMW changed the behavior of FLA_AUTO_AKTIV from "aktiv" to "automatik", and now apparently the Lights need to be cycled before AHB works. You should read this thread if you haven't already:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=644297

wdimagineer retrofitted the stalk in his M5, which if I understood him correctly he still needs to cycle the lights for AHB to work, but it is easier from the stalk.
I have pathway lighting set to 40 seconds.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Strange. I don't know of any other instance where this has happened.

Right Click in your FRM ECU (the ECU itself; not the underlying CAFD, and select CODE) to reset to your Footwell module, and see if it returns to normal.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 AM
The Driver

Quote:
Strange. I don't know of any other instance where this has happened.

Right Click in your FRM ECU (the ECU itself; not the underlying CAFD, and select CODE) to reset to your Footwell module, and see if it returns to normal.
I am wondering if I am using the right coding data.

I installed the 48.1 data you linked me yesterday. Then when connecting to the car, I selected F10. Is there a different selection for the M5?

Also it doesn't have HU-CIC it has HU-something beginning with L. It did strike me as odd that the files are different.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I am wondering if I am using the right coding data.

I installed the 48.1 data you linked me yesterday. Then when connecting to the car, I selected F10. Is there a different selection for the M5?

Also it doesn't have HU-CIC it has HU-something beginning with L. It did strike me as odd that the files are different.
You have the right coding files. 48.1 is universally good, and F10 is the correct target for your new M5. Your HU_CIC is HU_NBT because you have the new iDrive system in your MY 2013. You also will not find a CMB_MEDIA or CMB_ECALL module, as your Combox functions are built into in the Head Unit, and not a standalone module.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:55 PM
The Driver

Quote:
You have the right coding files. 48.1 is universally good, and F10 is the correct target for your new M5. Your HU_CIC is HU_NBT because you have the new iDrive system in your MY 2013. You also will not find a CMB_MEDIA or CMB_ECALL module, as your Combox functions are built into in the Head Unit, and not a standalone module.
Another issue I ran into was that I could not find ASP_Beiklappen_Bei_Komfortschleissen in the CAS file. Without changing this to aktiv I could not activate comfort access door mirrors.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 11-25-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Another issue I ran into was that I could not find ASP_Beiklappen_Bei_Komfortschleissen in the CAS file. Without changing this to aktiv I could not activate comfort access door mirrors.
What is the name of your CAS CAFD file?

Old 11-25-2012, 01:24 PM
The Driver

Quote:
What is the name of your CAS CAFD file?
I'll get back to you in 2 days. Just have a short trip to SAN.

2014 ///M5 Individual
Old 11-25-2012, 04:41 PM
OOO

Mein Auto: E90 335i
Quote:
This should be in the FRM module.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE_O View Post
This should be in the FRM module.
Good catch. I missed that.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: F10 535xi MSport
Quote:
Stealth:

Make sure your light switch is set on automatic.
2011 535i xDrive, Dark Graphite Metallic, Veneto Beige Dakota Leather, M Sport Package, 316, 322, 3AG, 5AD, 5AG, 5DL, 609, 620, 655, 677, 6FL delivered Christmas Eve '10, Mods - quad tips, 20% tint, JB4.