Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i Sport Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i2013 View Post
Better subject would be "BMW needs to have 40-60 more ponies in the 328i."
Let's remember that an aggressively tuned 4-banger ain't for everyone.

Yes they easily could have added 40-60 more horses. But in a car that hits peak torque before 2000 rpm, that would be a pretty aggressive car... many would love it, but many would find it twitchy, too much power too soon... to be honest I'm not exactly sure where I fall. I'd have to drive one prior to tuning up my N20.

And, of course, you just don't seem to understand the following, despite it being stated over and over: a 290 hp 328 would be way too close to the 335... they'd have to jack the 335 up to at least 350 hp in order for both to make sense... and then BOTH would be twitchy... and no, they should NOT just make one car... multiple price points is critical to the existence of any and all 3 series. Period. If you don't understand this, sit in on a high school economics class.

The amount of power in the 328 makes perfect sense... if you want to tune it up, knock yourself out. If you want a bigger faster engine, trade it in for the (heavier) 335. Good luck with all the options you want for under 60k. If you want nimbler handling, try the Fiat 500 Abarth, R32, EVO, or... wait for it... a mini.

It's ok to learn, admit that the title of this thread is completely absurd, say "ok thanks I understand now, sorry for the kerfuffle", and end this pointless discussion. Guaranteed you would gain (salvage?) a lot of respect by doing so.

But if you just want to continue bashing away and defending yourself, go hang in a Honda forum.

Last edited by otonimus; 11-29-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Hey guiz, when threads aren't on the front page anymore, it means A.) Nobody wants to see it. B.) Everyone got tired of it. C.) Nobody has any interest in it anymore D.)A,B,C,D.

Please stop bumping this thread. Better yet, lets have a mod lock it so it can't be bumped. Please. With a cherry on top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 11-29-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Hey guiz, when threads aren't on the front page anymore, it means A.) Nobody wants to see it. B.) Everyone got tired of it. C.) Nobody has any interest in it anymore D.)A,B,C,D.

Please stop bumping this thread. Better yet, lets have a mod lock it so it can't be bumped. Please. With a cherry on top.
I don't think mods exist on this site.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:57 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 831Doug View Post
It also looks like they just tacked the NAV on the dash vs. the built in contour look of my 2011 335d.
I'm not familiar with the dash of the 2011 models but in my 2013, it does seem that the display sticks out a bit. At first glance it looks like you should simply be able to push the screen down and out of the way, but of course that doesn't work. Now I'll feel really silly if someone here corrected me that you can indeed push the screen down.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
The F30 regulars have a pact that we're not participating in this thread.

Up do you, but avoiding the bait makes this mess disappear.

BJ
^
This
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixotesque View Post
I'm not familiar with the dash of the 2011 models but in my 2013, it does seem that the display sticks out a bit. At first glance it looks like you should simply be able to push the screen down and out of the way, but of course that doesn't work. Now I'll feel really silly if someone here corrected me that you can indeed push the screen down.
It does seem like a design afterthought.
Closed Thread