Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 11-23-2012, 05:46 AM
We want the Lion!

Mein Auto: 03 ZHP, 01 X5, 73 MGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
Scott - I have some free 1 year licenses of ESET antivirus and ESET CyberSecurity for Mac - I was looking at the threat map and those areas where our troops are deployed are seriously infected with malware - so I'm offering up a bunch - I can sent them to you through the mail for the next package if you send any more - I'd rather give them to our boys and girls in uniform - each license is printed on a postcards - they don't take up much room or weight.
You have PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
JUST...LOOK...UNDER...THE...CAR....for Chrissakes....it`s like checking to see if a dog is male or female....
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
A bimmer with forced induction should have a proper manual gearbox. Anything less is like french kissing your sister.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
Tonight I'll put a business card on each license with a thank you note and - I'll get them in the mail tomorrow - today I'm taking one of my grandsons to the zoo - I don't really do Black Friday sales...

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:22 PM
1st Cav!

Mein Auto: e90
Quote:
Scott - I have some free 1 year licenses of ESET antivirus and ESET CyberSecurity for Mac - I was looking at the threat map and those areas where our troops are deployed are seriously infected with malware - so I'm offering up a bunch - I can sent them to you through the mail for the next package if you send any more - I'd rather give them to our boys and girls in uniform - each license is printed on a postcards - they don't take up much room or weight.
This would have actually been really awesome when I was deployed. I ended up having to buy ESET while I was out there. They'll definitely appreciate this
Old 11-27-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybluesky View Post
This would have actually been really awesome when I was deployed. I ended up having to buy ESET while I was out there. They'll definitely appreciate this
We've been selling ESET for years and we have a military discount that we offer on new licenses - I wonder if you are one of my customers...

If not - please remember us when it is time for your renewal - we will take good care of you!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:06 AM
O.G.

Mein Auto: 2011 MDX, 2001 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott ZHP View Post
Most cost effective way is a flat rate APO box from any post office. These are identical to a medium flat rate box, (about 12x12x6) but have special APO markings on them. It's about $12 for whatever you can fit into it shipped to any soldier/sailer/airman in the world. I pack them completely full.
Thanks, that is what we have been doing. My son asked for donations for the troops in lieu of presents at his army-themed birthday party this year.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	troops.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	351082  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderm0n View Post
Thanks, that is what we have been doing. My son asked for donations for the troops in lieu of presents at his army-themed birthday party this year.

Amazing!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Over-the-Hill

Mein Auto: '07 530xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderm0n View Post
Wow! That is fan*tastic*! What a special kiddo!
<3

Old 11-29-2012, 05:35 PM
1st Cav!

Mein Auto: e90
Quote:
We've been selling ESET for years and we have a military discount that we offer on new licenses - I wonder if you are one of my customers...

If not - please remember us when it is time for your renewal - we will take good care of you!
I had no idea ESET had military discounts. I've been using NOD32 for years. I'm riding out this last few months of bitdefender I got at a promo price but I'll definitely be going back to ESET. Bitdefender is way too much of a resource hog.

Thank you everyone for what you do to support the troops!!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
Wow! That is fan*tastic*! What a special kiddo!
<3
Agreed. Should be some proud parents.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybluesky View Post
I had no idea ESET had military discounts. I've been using NOD32 for years. I'm riding out this last few months of bitdefender I got at a promo price but I'll definitely be going back to ESET. Bitdefender is way too much of a resource hog.

Thank you everyone for what you do to support the troops!!!!
woah - ESET does NOT have military discount - *we* do - we've been selling their software for years and are one of their larger resellers - and we don't advertize the heck out of the discounts because we're NOT ALLOWED to... so tell your friends, but do it quietly!

We also sell Bitdefender (home and business versions) and Kaspersky (Business only) - BD is heavier for sure - it works well on new machines, i3, i5, i7 machines and you don't notice it - but for all around use, we recommend and use in-house - ESET - and ONLY ESET.

What is on my personal machines - bearing in mind I can use ANY av on the planet and not pay a dime for it... ESET. I insist on my laptops getting ESET Smart Security and I put ESET Smart Security all dialed up on my family machine, grandkids machines and the machines used by my son-in-law who keeps getting himself into all sorts of mucky sites...

When you want to go ESET again, I'll sort you out a free 1 year on ESET antivirus - or a discount on ESET Smart Security if you want to go that way - just PM me.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
Amazing!
I am amazed at this lad and his thoughts to put others first - we did stuff to help others when I was a lad, but this is wow - awesome and wow...

Old 03-09-2013, 10:22 AM
We want the Lion!

Heartagram - your package is on the way. Thank you for your service!

(I've included about 20 complimentary ESET antivirus licenses, some for PC and some for Mac, courtesy of Fester wyb).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	haertagram.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	365526  

Quote:
JUST...LOOK...UNDER...THE...CAR....for Chrissakes....it`s like checking to see if a dog is male or female....
Quote:
A bimmer with forced induction should have a proper manual gearbox. Anything less is like french kissing your sister.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott ZHP View Post
Heartagram - your package is on the way. Thank you for your service!

(I've included about 20 complimentary ESET antivirus licenses, some for PC and some for Mac, courtesy of Fester wyb).
Kudos wyb!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:37 PM
We want the Lion!

bump...

Any deployed Festers anywhere? Tell us where you are and what you want for Christmas.

Quote:
Quote: