Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 11-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 530i Loaded
The chicks seem to like it... if a girl thinks an e39 is sexy then nothing more needs to be said. And about the lisince plate il get a large plastic cover, worst thing it will do it bruse someone. Thanks for your concern.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:47 AM
DINAN 5

Mein Auto: E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesE39 View Post
The chicks seem to like it... if a girl thinks an e39 is sexy then nothing more needs to be said.

aint that the truth
Old 11-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Ball Don't lie

Mein Auto: 2001 Dinan m5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle540 View Post
aint that the truth
not for me it isn't may be I should slap a m5 badge on the trunk : just kidding people would me if I did that
Resident Grammar and Spelling expert
Old 11-29-2012, 01:02 AM

^hahhahah too damn funny. You got any pics of your car? From the the mods list you got there im thinking it looks really nice!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Ball Don't lie

Quote:
Please don't. The last thing I want to see is a riced out 540 with german flags and spray paint and a license plate on the dashboard (you know what that does to people in accidents, right)
I'm anti-rice but the BMW rice I see we don't need to worry about this car. This is like the police tracking down a man who stole a candybar while someone was murdered down the street.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Ball Don't lie

bad ass engine mod

Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Ball Don't lie

Here are some more

Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 AM

^nice. New wheels would set your car off. Did you gain noticable power from that intercooler?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Ball Don't lie

Quote:
^nice. New wheels would set your car off. Did you gain noticable power from that intercooler?
If I had enough $ I would put new wheels on but right now I'm focused on quad exhaust and a few misc. problems (MAF, coding cluster, 740il rear armrest )
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: 00 528ia Sport
looks good mike and you can always remove it.
M5 F+R Bumpers, M5 Mirrors with OEM setup, M5 rear sway bar, Cluster Rings, 03 Business player with AUX input, HID fogs slim, OEM 01+ Hella headlights, Euro Lens, EAC Aluminum Adjusters, FX-R low beam retrofit, Umnitza Orion halos, Hella Euro Celis Retrofit Kit, Koni yellow shocks with H&R Sport Springs, 19" M6 Reps, Full LEDs.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 530iA
Quote:
lala ray. in person it doest look high at all. but i do want to drop it with coilovers. But im kinda affraid to. As it is i scrape all the time with my front bumper, so im gonna have to go for a ride with someone with a dropped e39 before i make up my mind on lowering it.
I would gladly give you a ride in my car, but I'm a tad far away from you. i have adjustable coilovers and I am happy I did it. I just raised the car a few ago for the winter season, which puts it just a tad lower than the OEM sport height. In summer, it sits lower, and having the full ///M bumper conversion, the pork chops & underbelly is really low. But the ride is totally different from stock.

Coilovers are nice if you can afford the adjustable ones. If not, you could try a Vogtland/Koni combo. Or some other combos people have tried. Also, if you want to have a good looking "stance", you might want to throw some spacers on the wheels. Not needed in the rear if you have staggered setup. I take the rear spacers out in the summer, and place them back in winter. In the front, the spacers are always there - The PSS9 recommends them anyways for brake caliper fitment.
TMS underdrive pullies - Stewart WP - PSS9 - Beisan Vanos seals - Zimmerman cross-drilled & Akebono Euro - Deka 649 MF - 55w HID headlights - 35w HID foglights - Hualigan double din - ACS (rep) alu pedals - Euro central storage console - Breyton Magic Racing staggered wheels - M5 bumper - M5 steering wheel - Tint
Stable: e39, e53, e46 & Tribby
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM

i think il put spacers all around. can anyone recoment spacers for me? and what size should i put on. i dont want to rub in the rear.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Boosted

Mein Auto: 03 ///M5
Quote:
lala ray. in person it doest look high at all. but i do want to drop it with coilovers. But im kinda affraid to. As it is i scrape all the time with my front bumper, so im gonna have to go for a ride with someone with a dropped e39 before i make up my mind on lowering it.
Yeaaaaa ooook i doubt that
But nah man dont get me wrong yea your car is starting to come together its just high as Sh*t though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hh3uunp View Post
Lalaray also is deathly afraid of a clutch pedal.
ooo ok You must feel like a wittle race car driver huh shifting gears, tearing thru the streets with ya lil 540, its fast right ?

RK Supercharged @ 501wheel horsepower
Supersprint Headers,
Evolve Alpha N Tune,
CNS lightweight dm flywheel/Spec clutch,
ST coilovers,
Eibach Rear Sway bar/Beast Power Brackets,
Drilled slotted Rotors/Akebono Euro pads,
Magnaflow 14816 Mufflers

Old 11-29-2012, 02:22 PM
DINAN 5

Quote:
i think il put spacers all around.
Jeez.... I should have guessed this was gonna be your next "modification"

After that, you should put blue neons under the car, for "ground effects"
Old 11-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Slip slidin around town

Mein Auto: E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by demas View Post
looks like accumulated brake dust

but I'm sure it looks better in life
I thought so to, I can still see the shine of the rims, isnt plasti dip a thick black ruberized coating like flex seal, aka the handiman in a can,aka screen door bottom boat fixer upper.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
DINAN 5

Quote:
bad ass engine mod

I hope this is a joke. This has got to be one of the laziest wiring jobs i've ever seen!
Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 PM

Mein Auto: '02 540iT
fullthrottle540. calm down.
You have already voiced your disapproval once before, we get it.

ColdWeather+Summer+Sport--20/30 Ceramic Tint--Euro Armrest--JL 13tw5-3 Subwoofer--LED AEs
Old 11-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Ball Don't lie

Quote:
Jeez.... I should have guessed this was gonna be your next "modification"

After that, you should put blue neons under the car, for "ground effects"
A puerto rican did that at my school.
Also an Asian kid has a suburu STI WRX.
An my African American kid at my school is always late. Lol I had to proof read his essay about a trait and he picked late. Lolol

But stereotypes aren't true.

Last edited by hh3uunp; 11-29-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Ball Don't lie

Quote:
I hope this is a joke. This has got to be one of the laziest wiring jobs i've ever seen!
No I cleaned it up. The joke was the "bad ass" engine mod. You don't hear people say sweet radiator man.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Ball Don't lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaRay View Post

ooo ok You must feel like a wittle race car driver huh shifting gears, tearing thru the streets with ya lil 540, its fast right ?
I mean yea I feel like I'm a race car driver. My Johnson tingles when I drive fast. Doesn't yours?

M6 rims are gay.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM

Mein Auto: DINAN 540
Fullthrottle540 you don't have to like what mikeE39 did to his car, you don't have to bash what he likes either. The mods that he has done to his car are what a lot of us e39ers want to do or have done. Does that make us all ricers? Or is it because he has a I6? btw nice ride Mike
Dinan F&R strut tower brace, M5 F&R sway bars, Koni Sports, Eibach springs, Powerflex polyurethane bushings, Dinan stage 2 engine software, Stage 1 trans software, Zionsville cooling kit, resonator delete, Dinan exhaust, Dinan throttle body, AFE cai, 18' style 5's, 235/40/18 275/35/18, Ultimate cup holders, rear cup holder delete/coin holder, Hella taillights, clear sides, Depo AE, M5 lip spoiler,
Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Ball Don't lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt540 View Post
Fullthrottle540 you don't have to like what mikeE39 did to his car, you don't have to bash what he likes either. The mods that he has done to his car are what a lot of us e39ers want to do or have done. Does that make us all ricers? Or is it because he has a I6? btw nice ride Mike
Lets not fight boys. Make another thread "nice or rice" and dispute it there
Old 11-29-2012, 06:26 PM
DINAN 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt540 View Post
Fullthrottle540 you don't have to like what mikeE39 did to his car, you don't have to bash what he likes either. The mods that he has done to his car are what a lot of us e39ers want to do or have done.
If someones gonna post pictures and ask for opinions, don't get mad if I post my honest opinion (and i'm trying to be nice about it, too). Bolting chinese parts all over a BMW (or any kind of car for that matter) is NOT classy or cool!

I don't care how young you guys are or how little money you have.... don't do things like replica wheels, chinese grilles, and one of the most popular ricer mods for BMW stunnaz is little wheel spacers to "poke" your wheels out, because you bought the wrong damn size/offset of wheels. Save your money for real parts that make a tangible difference, you will be WAY better off in the long run.

I know all this because I did all this ricer stuff too, when i was 16-19. Trust me - i've done all the ricer crap... spacers, M-tech kits, interior mods, spray paints. It's a waste of time and resources. I'm telling you this because I wish I had more people tell me this stuff when I was your age. I started taking my car to tracks and not only was i losing to everybody, but I was getting laughed at in the process. It was a slow learning curve. (of course there are still 40+ year olds that love the ricer stuff, to each their own).

Take all this with a grain of salt.... you take a car like this to a track, you're at least going to get stomped all over AND laughed at! If you're rolling to DUB car shows at top speeds of 45 mph then you'll be just fine and you can ignore everything i've written here!

PEACE

Last edited by fullthrottle540; 11-29-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Ball Don't lie

Quote:
If someones gonna post pictures and ask for opinions, don't get mad if I post my honest opinion (and i'm trying to be nice about it, too). Bolting chinese parts all over a BMW (or any kind of car for that matter) is NOT classy or cool!

I don't care how young you guys are or how little money you have.... don't do things like replica wheels, chinese grilles, and one of the most popular ricer mods for BMW stunnaz is little wheel spacers to "poke" your wheels out, because you bought the wrong damn size/offset of wheels. Save your money for real parts that make a tangible difference, you will be WAY better off in the long run.

I know all this because I did all this ricer stuff too, when i was 16-19. Trust me - i've done all the ricer crap... spacers, M-tech kits, interior mods, spray paints. It's a waste of time and resources. I'm telling you this because I wish I had more people tell me this stuff when I was your age. I started taking my car to tracks and not only was i losing to everybody, but I was getting laughed at in the process. It was a slow learning curve. (of course there are still 40+ year olds that love the ricer stuff, to each their own).

Take all this with a grain of salt.... you take a car like this to a track, you're at least going to get stomped all over AND laughed at! If you're rolling to DUB car shows at top speeds of 45 mph then you'll be just fine and you can ignore everything i've written here!

PEACE
That doesn't make sense. I will "take this less seriously".
Old 11-29-2012, 06:49 PM
DINAN 5

Quote:
That doesn't make sense. I will "take this less seriously".
with a mod list like yours, i wouldn't expect my point of view to make ANY sense to you! You probably think i'm an idiot!