Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Keyser Soze's Avatar
Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline
just like that, he's gone
Location: Northern California
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,459
Mein Auto: 2013 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Ok. I guess I forgot to include it in the sendspace upload.

What do you mean crackers? I ripped those files straight from ISTA/P 2.48.1, and they are unedited.

E-Sys is easy to upgrade. When that time comes, just run the Installer.
So you use ISTA/P (googled it as I had no idea what it was) hook it up to your vehicle I assume, and then download any new folders from the new BMW software releases? Then post them to the new CAFD files for us goons to grab?

Regardless, thanks you are helping tons of us F10 owners!
__________________
2013 F10 535i M-Sport, Sophisto Grau, 6-speed MT
2011 E90 335i Sport, Jet Black, Sport Auto, Performance Edition
2002 E46 330i Sport, Jet Black, 5-speed MT, lots of upgrades
2001 E46 330Ci Sport, Steel Grey, 5-speed MT....and more

Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
So you use ISTA/P (googled it as I had no idea what it was) hook it up to your vehicle I assume, and then download any new folders from the new BMW software releases? Then post them to the new CAFD files for us goons to grab?

Regardless, thanks you are helping tons of us F10 owners!
Not exactly. The Dealers use ISTA/P to program vehicles. Major new releases are released to them on a 4-DVD set, and minor updates to it are pushed to them online. So, the PSdZData originates within the ISTA/P release in .jetarch format and it is ripped out and extracted for use in E-Sys.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:07 PM
MINI+BMWtek MINI+BMWtek is offline
BMW master tech
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 172
Mein Auto: e30 318
Can you please send me a pm with the dl link?thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:12 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI+BMWtek View Post
Can you please send me a pm with the dl link?thanks
PM Sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 PM
inaka503 inaka503 is offline
Registered User
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: a
Can you please send me the link? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka503 View Post
Can you please send me the link? Thanks!
PM Sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 PM
osamu osamu is online now
Registered User
Location: japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: z4 35i
Hi. im searching for BMW Sp daten V47.5 or newer.

THX!
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:45 PM
TRIPLE_O TRIPLE_O is offline
OOO
Location: UPSTATE NY/NORTHERN NJ/NYC
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 192
Mein Auto: E90 335i
You never ask a magician his tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
So you use ISTA/P (googled it as I had no idea what it was) hook it up to your vehicle I assume, and then download any new folders from the new BMW software releases? Then post them to the new CAFD files for us goons to grab?

Regardless, thanks you are helping tons of us F10 owners!
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 PM
vsh vsh is offline
Registered User
Location: Russia
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: BMW F25
Hi shawn,
could you send me v48.1 files link?
Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:29 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
Hi shawn,
could you send me v48.1 files link?
Thank you very much!
PM Sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:32 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by osamu View Post
Hi. im searching for BMW Sp daten V47.5 or newer.

THX!
SP-Daten or PSdZData?
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 AM
val3ntin3s's Avatar
val3ntin3s val3ntin3s is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 424
Mein Auto: 2007 E92 335i ED SP
hi shawn, could you PM me the link for the updated files? thanks and in advance.
__________________


2012 F10 535i | Alpine White | ZPP | ZSP | Tech | Lip Spoiler

Sold - 2007 E92 335i | Spark. Graph. | ZSP | 6 speed MT | Lip Spoiler
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by val3ntin3s View Post
hi shawn, could you PM me the link for the updated files? thanks and in advance.
PM Sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:29 PM
gicamuci gicamuci is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Montreal
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 138
Mein Auto: 535i xDrive
Shawn, in January I am scheduled for a global update and so all my changes will get reset. Dealer already attempted to apply the GU, but because I have retrofitted 609 on my car, they did reject it from the GU, made me pay 5 hours (???) of them wandering why the GU doesn't work and told me to reinstall the original head unit and screen before the next GU attempt. After the GU I will reinstall the 609 retrofit HU and screen. My question is, will I need the latest PSdZData ? I would have to restart everything from scratch, right ?
__________________
Regards,
Alex
2012 w204 Mercedes-Benz C350 4MATIC MY 05/2012 Black/Sahara
2011 F10 535i xDrive MY 01/2011 Sophisto Grey/Black
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Orient330iNYC's Avatar
Orient330iNYC Orient330iNYC is offline
Flying monkey herder
Location: Wall St
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 7,079
Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Hi shawn, could you please PM me the link? THANKS!
__________________
Past: 2001 330i ZSP/ZPP/Step
Past: 2004 S60R 6MT Sport
Past: 2007 335i 6MT ZSP/ZCW/322/655
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 PM
coyote96 coyote96 is offline
Registered User
Location: Lincoln, NE
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 31
Mein Auto: 2013 650xi Gran Coupe
Shawn, please send me a PM with the download link. Very new to this but looking forward to jumping in. Thank you for all of your work! I have been reading as much as i can find and your posts and documents, extremely helpful! Thanks again!
__________________


2013 650xi Gran Coupe (Born 07-19-2012) M-Sport w/ 20, Black Sapphire, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, Premium Sound, Ceramic Controls, HUD, Full LEDs, BMW Apps

BMWCCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 PM
osamu osamu is online now
Registered User
Location: japan
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
SP-Daten or PSdZData?
SP-DATEN please.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:07 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by gicamuci View Post
Shawn, in January I am scheduled for a global update and so all my changes will get reset. Dealer already attempted to apply the GU, but because I have retrofitted 609 on my car, they did reject it from the GU, made me pay 5 hours (???) of them wandering why the GU doesn't work and told me to reinstall the original head unit and screen before the next GU attempt. After the GU I will reinstall the 609 retrofit HU and screen. My question is, will I need the latest PSdZData ? I would have to restart everything from scratch, right ?
Yes, you will need the latest PSdZData, which come January may be something even newer than 48.1, but whatever it is, we will have the PSdZData for it.

As you found out, ISTA/P will not work with unofficial retrofits, particularly Head Units, and you have to put your factory Head Unit back in to get vehicle programmed. Besides being a PIA, you can't sell your old Head Unit to offset the cost of the new one.

Anyway, when you get your car back after the GU, it will be on a higher Integration Level than your CIC, which may be an issue, but maybe not. If it is, your CIC will also need to be flashed with the latest firmware.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by osamu View Post
SP-DATEN please.
PM Sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:15 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote96 View Post
Shawn, please send me a PM with the download link. Very new to this but looking forward to jumping in. Thank you for all of your work! I have been reading as much as i can find and your posts and documents, extremely helpful! Thanks again!
PM Sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:19 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
Hi shawn, could you please PM me the link? THANKS!
PM Sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 PM
snowboardjoe snowboardjoe is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle, WA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
OK, lots of questions here after trying to get the software initialized. Bear in mind I've been doing UNIX system administration for 20 years here, so it's totally possible I'm just overanalyzing everything. I have no ENET cable yet (still waiting on it). I was able to successfully initialize the software and enter the keys. All of this is running on a Win7 VM on my MacBook Air laptop.

1. Instructions say there is a bat file. I assume these are all EXE files now. I did not there were two Setup executables, but they were identical. Beware of that duplication there.

2. I copied all of my initial psdzdata into BMWInstall directory to install everything from there. However, the install did nothing with them as the newly created C:\ESysData\psdzdata is empty. Is that expected at first?

3. What do I do with the "E-Sys EST PIN.rar.vol*+*.PAR2" files?

4. What do I do initially with the cafd* files? Should they be in the c:\E-SysData\CAF directory now?

5. I tried using the CAF-Viewer to see the cafd files downloaded earlier, but I just get decryption errors (I did find the 4 digit PIN and entered that).

Heh, I think I'll stop there and see what you folks have to offer. I have another week before ENET cable gets here, so no rush. Just trying to work out bugs and get some sense on how this is put together and hope to help organize things a little better for everyone.
__________________
Joe Morris
2013 X3 28i (prem, tech, cold1&2, conv, hud)
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardjoe View Post
OK, lots of questions here after trying to get the software initialized. Bear in mind I've been doing UNIX system administration for 20 years here, so it's totally possible I'm just overanalyzing everything. I have no ENET cable yet (still waiting on it). I was able to successfully initialize the software and enter the keys. All of this is running on a Win7 VM on my MacBook Air laptop.

1. Instructions say there is a bat file. I assume these are all EXE files now. I did not there were two Setup executables, but they were identical. Beware of that duplication there.

2. I copied all of my initial psdzdata into BMWInstall directory to install everything from there. However, the install did nothing with them as the newly created C:\ESysData\psdzdata is empty. Is that expected at first?

3. What do I do with the "E-Sys EST PIN.rar.vol*+*.PAR2" files?

4. What do I do initially with the cafd* files? Should they be in the c:\E-SysData\CAF directory now?

5. I tried using the CAF-Viewer to see the cafd files downloaded earlier, but I just get decryption errors (I did find the 4 digit PIN and entered that).

Heh, I think I'll stop there and see what you folks have to offer. I have another week before ENET cable gets here, so no rush. Just trying to work out bugs and get some sense on how this is put together and hope to help organize things a little better for everyone.
I don't know what instructions your are using, but disregard them, and all that you have done, and use mine:

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/245...%20-%20v.2.txt

Follow this excatly as written. If you still have problems, let me know.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 PM
snowboardjoe snowboardjoe is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle, WA
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 198
Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I don't know what instructions your are using, but disregard them, and all that you have done, and use mine:

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/245...%20-%20v.2.txt

Follow this excatly as written. If you still have problems, let me know.
Ahhh, this makes a lot more sense now. I'll go over this, this weekend. I'm not sure where I got the current instructions from, but it was from this forum. I probably just snagged a very early version of them. I also registered in the coding forum too and will start to browse that as well.

Thanks!
__________________
Joe Morris
2013 X3 28i (prem, tech, cold1&2, conv, hud)
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,970
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardjoe View Post
Ahhh, this makes a lot more sense now. I'll go over this, this weekend. I'm not sure where I got the current instructions from, but it was from this forum. I probably just snagged a very early version of them. I also registered in the coding forum too and will start to browse that as well.

Thanks!
Ok. Incidentally, I wrote the initial instructions, and the copy I just shared with you, v.2, varies only slight from the original. What you had is something different. Since you mentioned a batch file, I think those are the instructions that go along with one of April1's Install batch files. You should be good to go know though.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms