Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 11-28-2012, 10:28 PM

Mein Auto: 525i, 525iT
1992 525i T

I may be forced to dis-adopt my darling by spring, so I've questions. How many are there out there, how can anyone sell the one they have, and how much are they able to hit the next guy for? Mine's body is near perfect, a believable 60k miles no matter that the clock chip's been crunched. It does, however, suffer (wrong, I suffer) from more electrical problems than I've ever seen, and I'm on my third Volks type II. tnx., CraigR
Ads by Google
Old 11-29-2012, 04:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1992 525it /2004 ML350
Pictures would help a great deal. The Tourings are prone to electrical problems more so than the sedans due to the wire harnes for the rear deck. But without more detail, it is hard to say what your car is worth. There are not as many tourings out there as sedans but I would not call it rare. What shape is the intirior in?

Try to fix as much as you can and unload it for about 2 grand???

You can also look on craigs list and ebay and see what others are asking.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1989 BMW 535i
Kbb should still be available. Based on what I've seen a minty fresh 525 with medium miles can fetch 3.5k if finding the right buyer. You start getting into the fair cars that need a little tlc have very minor defects go somewhere in the upper to mid 2ks. Real nice cars that have been hit, real nice cars in need of something major, cars that are alright, go between 1.5k to low 2ks. Anything less is in need of help. 500 and below don't expect to keep lol. Hope this helps a little.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 PM

Mein Auto: 525i, 525iT
May still need to move my 525iT

I've been wrestling with eBay Motors for perhaps six weeks and have only seen Ts in pieces. Tends to warp my judgement. My '92 white T has few problems--I've got it down to the spent spring in the cargo cover and wallpaper bubble like electricals. Thank you for the Craig's List suggestion, also,

thank you, Craig (no relation)