Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 335Xi, 2013 X1
Was at the BMW dealership today. Funniest thing

When the driver picked me up from home. We got on to new things in cars and how the new 328i sounds like a 1.6l diesel. I happened to say that least all cars come with cameras next year and he said yeah.

Yesterday someone brought a loaner back and complained she damaged it.

"I drove into something today and damaged the car".
"What happened" Said the receptionist.
"The stupid car did no tell me to stop when I was reversing."

LOL
Old 11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekay07 View Post
Yesterday someone brought a loaner back and complained she damaged it.

"I drove into something today and damaged the car".
"What happened" Said the receptionist.
"The stupid car did no tell me to stop when I was reversing."

LOL
I would laugh with you except it is too depressing.

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in period. You can guess the rest. BMW CCA
Old 11-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
What is even more depressing is, this isn't the first time this has been addressed.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...hlight=sew+bmw

(now y'all know where "Can I sew?" started.)

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Keep Right, Except to Pass

Than & Then usage - "It was hotter than hades (comparison). Then later on (time) it got cool."

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune - I like it!
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
For the fist time in 4 years, I'm driving a car without PDC. I must confess that I had a couple close calls parallel parking the first few weeks. I had been trained to keep an eye on my rear wheel via the passenger mirror and just listen to the beeps to gauge how much space I had in the rear.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Doing the best I can

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
My '06 545i had PDC and the wife's SUV has a back up camera. Having to turn around and actually look where I am going in my technologically deficient 3 and Z is very old school.

2013 Porsche Boxster S
Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkHouston View Post
My '06 545i had PDC and the wife's SUV has a back up camera. Having to turn around and actually look where I am going in my technologically deficient 3 and Z is very old school.
But you still do it, right? And you don't blame the car if you don't and something bad happens.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 12-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Enjoying Your Money

Mein Auto: 2009 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
But you still do it, right? And you don't blame the car if you don't and something bad happens.
Nooo, it's the car's job silly
Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 09 Freightliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
What is even more depressing is, this isn't the first time this has been addressed.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...hlight=sew+bmw

(now y'all know where "Can I sew?" started.)
Wow.

Wow wow wow.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Shame....

Having obtained driver's licenses on both sides of the Atlantic pond, I must say it's way too easy to get one on this side! At least in Connecticut, one is required to answer 12 out of 16 questions correctly, coupled with a 5-minute drive, typically around your local DMV, and you have yourself a freshly-minted driver's license. And the demolition derby begins...

In contrast, the other side of the pond required me to answer 120 questions, with an allowance for a total of 3 mistakes. But that wasn't even the hardest part. A long drive ensued...about 30 min of city driving with all sorts of challenging scenarios, which culminated in another 30 minutes of highway driving, of course in a car with a manual transmission.

Needless to say, 20/30% of applicants failed the written test or the driving part, on their 1st attempt.

End result: Better drivers on the roads and a whole lot LESS accidents. The stats are there to prove it.

Make of this what you will...I am extra vigilant each time I drive and have avoided lots of troubles. Looking around at other drivers is always scary however, and it's not the applying of make up or shaving, or even reading books in traffic that bothers me, it's how indicative it is of a total lack of situational awareness and common sense.

In closing, for as long as I can afford to, I will drive German cars just for the additional level of safety they provide.

Alex
Old 12-01-2012, 10:54 AM

Mein Auto: '08 335xi (E90)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
...At least in Connecticut, one is required to answer 12 out of 16 questions correctly, coupled with a 5-minute drive, typically around your local DMV, and you have yourself a freshly-minted driver's license. And the demolition derby begins...

Alex
The California DMV test is similar to Connecticut's. That said, I manage to pass (driving a manual) & maintain a accident free record for 40+ years. As well as my wife in her 40+ years of driving & now my three daughters (well into their 40 year skein & all trained to operate a manual before they took the DMV driving test). Guess our family falls outside those statistics.
At port: March 19, 2008
Shipped on Graceful Leader: March 21, 2008
Arrived Port Hueneme: April 11, 2008
At dealer's: April 19, 2008
Delivered: April 21, 2008
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySL View Post
The California DMV test is similar to Connecticut's. That said, I manage to pass (driving a manual) & maintain a accident free record for 40+ years. As well as my wife in her 40+ years of driving & now my three daughters (well into their 40 year skein & all trained to operate a manual before they took the DMV driving test). Guess our family falls outside those statistics.
Good for you and the fams. Apologies if my statement came across as stereotypical, completely not the intent. Yes there are exceptions to be found in all aspects of life. I merely attempted to illustrate the ease with which one can obtain the right to operate a 2-ton+ potential deadly weapon, and the recklessness with which some approach this great privilege and responsibility!