Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550I GT
Pick mine up tomorrow

We just purchased a new to us used 2011 550I. Its silver with white nappa leather. It has a the sport pkg, the convenience pkg, the premium sound pkg, the active ventilated seat pkg, the rear entertainment pkg, the camera pkg, power side window shades, 4-zone climate control. Car has 21,000 miles on it. originally over $78,000.

We haven't seen it yet but did all the paperwork. We got the wheel and tire warranty. Didn't get the extended warranty or maintenance. We will see about that.

It's Titanium Silver.

Yea me! :-)
Ads by Google
Old 11-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535Xi M Sport
Purchased it, but haven't seen it yet??
Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535xi GT
Congratulations and welcome to the forum
Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 PM

Didn't see it till tonight. Man am I impressed. It is a beautiful car. The seats are like butter. It will take me some time to figure out the nav stuff. But the car is the BOMB.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:19 PM

So you bought it site unseen?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:26 PM

Well sort of. I test drove one at a different dealer so I knew how they drove. But this one was out on "loan" when we went to see it. We decided it was a great deal and what we were looking for so we purchased it sight unseen. There is a bubble on the back door under the paint. Reminds me of the cars up north where the body rusts under the paint. But its a Florida car so I have no idea what it is. The dealer will repair it. I'm in no hurry for it to be fixed. Perhaps when its due for maintenance.

Right now I'm just enjoying the car. :-)
Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Congrats and welcome to the 'fest. Next up - pics or it didn't happen.

Keep Right, Except to Pass

Than & Then usage - "It was hotter than hades (comparison). Then later on (time) it got cool."

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune - I like it!
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
Congrats on the new GT! As for the navigation, it has the best voice recognition of any car I've owned. The GT recognizes the address 99.9% of the time and that's with my slightly southern accent. LOL On the contrary, the GT has the worst POI content of any vehicle I've ever owned.

Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
M Sport Package
Premium Sound Package
Value Package
Sport Package
Side and Top View Cameras
Smartphone Integration

Old 11-27-2012, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesdad7 View Post
Well sort of. I test drove one at a different dealer so I knew how they drove. But this one was out on "loan" when we went to see it. We decided it was a great deal and what we were looking for so we purchased it sight unseen. There is a bubble on the back door under the paint. Reminds me of the cars up north where the body rusts under the paint. But its a Florida car so I have no idea what it is. The dealer will repair it. I'm in no hurry for it to be fixed. Perhaps when its due for maintenance.

Right now I'm just enjoying the car. :-)
Wow, your braver than me...
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 PM

I'll post some pic's over the weekend......if I have time from not driving it. One thing we fell in love with are the seats. They are the most comfortable I have ever sat in. The nappa leather is like butter. You just don't want to get out of the car. I like being the passenger as much as I like driving it. Plus the back seat is just as nice. Haven't tried the rear DVD yet. Still need to order the wireless headphones.

The sound system is just out of this world. The only thing we found wrong so far is a spot where the paint is starting to bubble up, like there is rust under the paint. Its on the rear door and the dealer will fix it. I just don't want to take it back right now. :-)
Old 11-30-2012, 04:47 AM

You have identified an aspect that I too love - the sound system. I also have the upgraded system and with my MP3 player plugged in (still haven't gotten around to loading the songs on the vehicle's hard drive) I like nothing better than to crank up the volume while sitting in my Comfort Seats. It is like sitting in the comfort my living room listening to my sound system to songs I like. I find it so relaxing and helps me cope with the many bozos that are in the road and shouldn't be, too many STOP signs and unsynchronized traffic lights.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish23 View Post
You have identified an aspect that I too love - the sound system. I also have the upgraded system and with my MP3 player plugged in (still haven't gotten around to loading the songs on the vehicle's hard drive) I like nothing better than to crank up the volume while sitting in my Comfort Seats. It is like sitting in the comfort my living room listening to my sound system to songs I like. I find it so relaxing and helps me cope with the many bozos that are in the road and shouldn't be, too many STOP signs and unsynchronized traffic lights.
In the very short time we have owned the car I have found that I would rather sit in passenger seat. The seats are so comfortable that I don't really want to drive. The previous owner had a bunch of music loaded into the hard drive and to my surprise he has the same musical taste so we just listen to his music. He left the Sirius on till today. I just got off the phone and moved my subscription from my old MB to the BMW. Still haven't had time to test the rear DVD yet.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 AM

I can fully understand your preference to be a passenger but that is where we mildly differ. I love to drive it (and my wife's Beemer too) but the GT ride with me behind the wheel is just a wonderful experience (not just a 'car ride"). I am amazed that a vehicle that heavy can feel so "light on its feet". I normally drive it in SPORT mode (chassis only)
and only use SPORT+ when I want a little 'oomph' off the line. Whenever I have to carry a llarge load (stuff not people) I don't miss my SUV when I lift the GT's tailgate and lower the seats. I sure appreciate the versatility. Why the GT is not more popular and the target of criticism is a mystery but it is nice to see postive reaction to it here in the forums with any negative reaction seemingly more dealership-driven.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:19 PM

I drove it in sport mode for the first time today. Then I tried the sport+. I like the normal the best. I guess as I get older I drive slower. My wife on the other hand drives it in sport. SHe refuses to grow up I guess. For me the car has plenty of power off the line. But my daily driver is a Prius. Which is probably the reason normal is just fine with me. :-)

Washed it for the first time today. Saw a few nicks in the paint. Time to get the touch up paint out. :-)