Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 BWM 645ci
Unhappy Navigation DVD won't eject

BLUF: My DVD drive won't eject the navigation CD. When I scroll (I-drive) to the navigation screen it says "please insert disc", but the disc is in there

I'm not sure of the remedy and I don't like resorting to the "just take it to the dealer" answer, cause that's the very reason service shops stay in business lol!

2005 645ci

Any suggestions or prior occurrences / fixed now will work.

-Flight

Last edited by FLIGHT20THREE; 12-16-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Black Sapphire M6
have you tried doing an idrive reboot?

2013 - Monte Carlo Blue M5
2011 - X5 35d
------Retired----------------------
2007 - Jet Black 335i
2003 - Silver Gray Metallic M3
2006 - Black Sapphire M6
Old 12-16-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKoren View Post
have you tried doing an idrive reboot?

No I haven't....what are the steps to reboot?

Thanks in advance!

-Flight
Old 12-16-2009, 11:58 AM

Mein Auto: 05 645ci
Sometimes when the cd gets jammed, just wait about 20 minutes and try again. If that fails, turn the car off and turn it on again and try it again. That usually works out for me
Old 12-16-2009, 08:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 Black Sapphire M6
You can leave the car sit for 10? minutes and it will shut down, or you can hit eject on the DVD, CD, and press the volume button I think.

2013 - Monte Carlo Blue M5
2011 - X5 35d
------Retired----------------------
2007 - Jet Black 335i
2003 - Silver Gray Metallic M3
2006 - Black Sapphire M6
Old 12-18-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKoren View Post
You can leave the car sit for 10? minutes and it will shut down, or you can hit eject on the DVD, CD, and press the volume button I think.

I've let the car sit for several hours in the garage, didn't work.

Pressed DVD, CD, Volume button and the same time twice, Navigation disk still didn't eject.

I can hear the disc spinning inside and from what I gather the disc spins constantly so my next question is, by disconnecting the battery to stop all actions and reconnecting, would this possibly fix my issue?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:35 PM

Mein Auto: BWM 645Ci
hi,

It could be that the navigation disc is for a later version ie 2006, 07 etc, so the i drive does not recognise it.

To get the disc out (radical) but it worked when my 3 yr old put 4 discs into my PS3 is to get a wooden lolly pop stick & try to drag the disc out while depressing eject - it might damage the disc though or the DVD driver - CAUTION
Old 12-20-2009, 07:25 AM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
This is like any othe PC DVD drive, sometimes it get stuck for what ever reason. If rebooting the iDrive did not work for you you may have to do a hard reboot, which means removing power. try disconnecting the battery, wait a few mintues and then reconnect, then try the eject button. If this don't work then you have a mechnical issue which may require some drastic steps such as suggested by jamie645ci if you do not want to go to the dealer.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 645Ci
Hey guys, new to the site. Lots of great information! I am having the same issue above, was it ever resolved?

I hear the dvd in there and after a restart the CCC (via pressing the DVD, CD eject and volume buttons at the same time, it did not spit out the DVD) i notice that under entertainment, the DVD shows a disk in there. (showing un-supported format error) i try pressing eject again and the menu shows that the DVD is no longer in there, but it still is...

I am assuming that it is probably a mechanical issue, but wanted to see what happened with FLIGHT20THREE since the exact same thing is happening to me now.

By the way, the car is a 2004 BMW 645Ci convertible.

This all happened because I was trying to get a new NAV DVD in there... SMDH looks like 2010 is not good, I just burnt a 2009, but cant try it till I get the old one out. Do you guys recommend another NAV DVD? If so can you post the torrent name, or the download page. Thanks again guys for everything you guys do in here
Old 11-07-2012, 08:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
To reset the iDrive, hold in the eject buttons on both the the DVD and CD, and press and hold the volume button all at the same time. If that doesn't do it it may be mechanical.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHT20THREE View Post
I've let the car sit for several hours in the garage, didn't work.

Pressed DVD, CD, Volume button and the same time twice, Navigation disk still didn't eject.

I can hear the disc spinning inside and from what I gather the disc spins constantly so my next question is, by disconnecting the battery to stop all actions and reconnecting, would this possibly fix my issue?

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 11-08-2012, 05:10 AM

Thanks roseng. I thought so, I've done all that and nothing. Probably mess with it a bit more this weekend, but I guess I need a new drive :-/

Sent from my MB860 using Bimmer App
Old 11-08-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightanium View Post
Thanks roseng. I thought so, I've done all that and nothing. Probably mess with it a bit more this weekend, but I guess I need a new drive :-/

Good news is that you can find them on eBay reasonably cheap from owners that have upgraded to the CIC system.
Good Luck

Old 11-08-2012, 07:48 AM

Awesome, I'll let everyone know how it works out. Also need tio replace logic 7 amp, and get nav disk going so I'll post a couple more time.

Thanks again

Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 PM

Just an update, I left the battery un plug over night and that ejected the dvd.

I am trying a couple of different torrents to get navigation up and going, none found so far that work for my 2004 645ci. Any known torrents let me know. I have been through the posts here and nothing jumped out at me.

After the holidays I plan on cleaning the logic 7 amp like you guys described. See if that gets my rear speakers going. Like you guys mentioned the season was backed up, dealer took care of that.

Last thing, I took it to dealer, it had 3 callbacks. 1) drain 2) battery terminal and 3) replacement of a break line. All this was taken care of free of charge since they were recalls.

Appreciate all the info you guys provide, hoping to do my part too

Old 11-21-2012, 12:18 PM

Season = drain... Stupid auto correct

Old 11-22-2012, 08:08 AM

Are you looking for a torrent to download the maps ISO? I may be able to help.

Quote:
Just an update, I left the battery un plug over night and that ejected the dvd.

I am trying a couple of different torrents to get navigation up and going, none found so far that work for my 2004 645ci. Any known torrents let me know. I have been through the posts here and nothing jumped out at me.

After the holidays I plan on cleaning the logic 7 amp like you guys described. See if that gets my rear speakers going. Like you guys mentioned the season was backed up, dealer took care of that.

Last thing, I took it to dealer, it had 3 callbacks. 1) drain 2) battery terminal and 3) replacement of a break line. All this was taken care of free of charge since they were recalls.

Appreciate all the info you guys provide, hoping to do my part too

Old 12-01-2012, 05:16 PM

Happy holiday! Yes I'm looking for the torrent to get my navigation up. Can you help?

Old 12-15-2012, 11:23 AM

Hey roseng any luck with that torrent name/location? I've tried 4, and no dice. Maybe it's the media I'm using. Philips DVD-R

Old 12-15-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Hey roseng any luck with that torrent name/location? I've tried 4, and no dice. Maybe it's the media I'm using. Philips DVD-R

You need to send me a Private Message and I may be able to help you.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:45 PM
BMW, simply the best.

Mein Auto: E39 528i SE Touring
Sell the torrent link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
You are not going to try to sell the torrent link are you?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:47 PM
BMW, simply the best.

Sell the torrent link?

Quote:

Just google this and add torrent afterwards:

BMW.Navigation.DVD.Road.Map.Europe.BUSINESS.2013.D VD1
Old 06-20-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewaver View Post

Just google this and add torrent afterwards:

BMW.Navigation.DVD.Road.Map.Europe.BUSINESS.2013.D VD1
bewaver,
What the heck are you talking about? Sell a link to a torrent? You are not that dumb are you?

Frankly, you have no business commenting on an old thread where I was helping a member. Actually, it's none of your business but I had an old Nav. disk that I gave him.

I see you are either new to this forum or have very few posts. I would suggest you not begin getting involved by insulting any of the members with comments like these.

This forum is make up up of some great people that help each other. It's that simple. If you want to help and be a member, then post something constructive and helpful.

Always engage brain before putting mouth or keyboard into gear.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:34 AM
BMW, simply the best.

Quote:
bewaver,
What the heck are you talking about? Sell a link to a torrent? You are not that dumb are you?

Frankly, you have no business commenting on an old thread where I was helping a member. Actually, it's none of your business but I had an old Nav. disk that I gave him.

I see you are either new to this forum or have very few posts. I would suggest you not begin getting involved by insulting any of the members with comments like these.

This forum is make up up of some great people that help each other. It's that simple. If you want to help and be a member, then post something constructive and helpful.

Sorry if you felt insulted, but let me tell you this, when it comes to e65, the quality of the helps decreases drastically and that is on every forums. I have little posts because I don't see the point in taking the floor to say "I don't know". If I open my big mouth it's usually about something I know. This is the link to the DVD rip, my last question is: What is your problem?
Old 06-22-2013, 01:39 AM
BMW, simply the best.

Quote:
bewaver,

Duplicate post

Last edited by bewaver; 06-22-2013 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 06-22-2013, 01:45 AM
BMW, simply the best.

Quote:
bewaver,

Sorry if you felt insulted, but let me tell you this, when it comes to e65, the quality of the helps decreases drastically and that is on every forums and mercenary behaviors increase. I have little posts because I don't see the point in taking the floor to say "I don't know". If I open my big mouth it's usually about something I know, if you had an old DVD for Sale your should have published it so anybody could have taken advantage,. Threads that finish in "PM me" are of no use to the community people because there is no solution attached.

This is the link to the DVD rip: google BMW.Navigation.DVD.Road.Map.Europe.BUSINESS.2013.D VD1

No need to be defensive. PM if you still have a problem with this.