Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:45 AM

Mein Auto: z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM Sent.
Dear Shawn,

Thank you very much.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
Ok. Incidentally, I wrote the initial instructions, and the copy I just shared with you, v.2, varies only slight from the original. What you had is something different. Since you mentioned a batch file, I think those are the instructions that go along with one of April1's Install batch files. You should be good to go know though.
I think I just dug around to avoid bothering anyone at first.

Anyway, I went through the new instructions and moved things around a bit. In your instructions you state, "Make sure that there is a "Dist" folder in each of the Chassis (F01/F10/F25) folders etc."

My psdzdata folder (now in it's proper place) has nothing but files with the pattern psdzdata.7z.001 through 030. There are no subdirectories in C:\E-SysData\psdzdata.

I'm also not sure where the cafd* files should be. I guess they should be copied to C:\E-SysData\CAF?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardjoe View Post
I think I just dug around to avoid bothering anyone at first.

Anyway, I went through the new instructions and moved things around a bit. In your instructions you state, "Make sure that there is a "Dist" folder in each of the Chassis (F01/F10/F25) folders etc."

My psdzdata folder (now in it's proper place) has nothing but files with the pattern psdzdata.7z.001 through 030. There are no subdirectories in C:\E-SysData\psdzdata.

I'm also not sure where the cafd* files should be. I guess they should be copied to C:\E-SysData\CAF?
Your PSdZData is still archived. You need 7.Zip to extract the PSdZData folder from it.

When done just copy the PSdZData folder per my instructions. Don't do anything else. The CAFD files will be in the right place nested under the PSdZData folder.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 11-30-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
Your PSdZData is still archived. You need 7.Zip to extract the PSdZData folder from it.

When done just copy the PSdZData folder per my instructions. Don't do anything else. The CAFD files will be in the right place nested under the PSdZData folder.
Awesome. Everything in place right now. Just waiting on the ENET cable at this point. LED's arrived and ready to put those in too.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 PM

Mein Auto: F11 530D
The files have been uploaded to usenet as well:
Link to Usenet

So feel free to grab them there as well
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw e92 325i 218hp
hi you can send me link of PSDZDATA 48.1 on my e-mail..?
andreabasso39@yahoo.it

thank you very much
Old 12-01-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabasso39 View Post
hi you can send me link of PSDZDATA 48.1 on my e-mail..?
andreabasso39@yahoo.it

thank you very much
PM Sent.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 12-01-2012, 06:27 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 sDrive35i
Hi Shawn,

I have the 47.5 files, could you please send me the link to new 48.1 files.

Many Thanks
Old 12-01-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontana302 View Post
Hi Shawn,

I have the 47.5 files, could you please send me the link to new 48.1 files.

Many Thanks
PM Sent.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM

Mein Auto: Z4 sDrive35i
Many Thanks Shawn.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:58 PM

Mein Auto: F10 550i
Quote:
I don't know what instructions your are using, but disregard them, and all that you have done, and use mine:

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/245...%20-%20v.2.txt

Follow this excatly as written. If you still have problems, let me know.
Shawn,

Per your instrcutions: 10) Run "C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\E-Sys.exe"...

However, the shortcut that is created on the desktop during the e-sys install points to "E-sys.bat" in that same folder. The .bat file seems to setup alot of options (e.g. memory setting, etc.) and paths that does not overide any of the parameters we put into the settings following your directions):

-----partial example of e-sys.bat file content:
SET ESYS_DATA_PATH=%ESYS_DATA_PATH:\:=:%
SET ESYS_DATA_PATH=%ESYS_DATA_PATH:\\=\%

set JAVA_HOME=%~dp0jre
set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%;C:\EDIABAS\Bin;C:\EC-Apps\EDIABAS\Bin

cd /D %~dp0lib\environment

:startEsys
rem VM arguments
set OPTION_THREAD=-XX:ThreadStackSize=1024
set OPTION_ENDORSED=-Djava.endorsed.dirs=..\xml
set OPTION_MEMORY=-Xmx512m
set OPTION_JMX=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
set OPTION_GC=-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
---See actual .bat file attached for remainder---

Should I set the shortcut to point to the .exe file instead so as to not run the .bat file?

I clicked on the desktop icon (starting using the .bat file) for the first run and then made the following changes per your install instructions (which are still there if I start with the .bat file or the .exe file):

On the PROGRAM TAB, set the Directories - Data Path to C:\ESysData
On the EST Tab, set the Developer-Soft-Token EST Path to "C:\ESysData\e-sys est\Code Away.est"
On the ODX Tab, set the ODX Rule Path to "C:\ESysData\Rules"

I would think we would want to run the .bat file provided with the e-sys install that the shortcut points to for other e-sys default settings, but then we would not be following your instructions exactly as written. Probably does not matter either way...

Question #1: but it would be nice to know if there is a specific reason to bypass the .bat file provided with the e-sys install or if it just does not matter either way?

Question #1A: If I shouldn't be using the .bat file, did I accidentlly change some option that I shouldn't have like the memory setting of 512m that my e-sys is set to even if starting with the .exe file (e.g. should I do a re-install and this time not use the e-sys.bat file / desktop shortcut to start e-sys ever and only use the e-sys.exe in which case I will change the target in the shortcut to the .exe file)?

Question #2: On another subject, I assume it is OK to delete the extracted install folder "E-Sys_EST_PIN" once I have completed all steps of the installation or will I need other files in there readily available during coding (I did keep the original compressed / *.rar files as downloaded in case of a need to re-install)?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf E-Sys - Copy.bat.pdf (6.3 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by Glock 32; 12-02-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock 32 View Post
Shawn,

Per your instrcutions: 10) Run "C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\E-Sys.exe"...

However, the shortcut that is created on the desktop during the e-sys install points to "E-sys.bat" in that same folder. The .bat file seems to setup alot of options (e.g. memory setting, etc.) and paths that does not overide any of the parameters we put into the settings following your directions):

-----partial example of e-sys.bat file content:
SET ESYS_DATA_PATH=%ESYS_DATA_PATH:\:=:%
SET ESYS_DATA_PATH=%ESYS_DATA_PATH:\\=\%

set JAVA_HOME=%~dp0jre
set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%;C:\EDIABAS\Bin;C:\EC-Apps\EDIABAS\Bin

cd /D %~dp0lib\environment

:startEsys
rem VM arguments
set OPTION_THREAD=-XX:ThreadStackSize=1024
set OPTION_ENDORSED=-Djava.endorsed.dirs=..\xml
set OPTION_MEMORY=-Xmx512m
set OPTION_JMX=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
set OPTION_GC=-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
---See actual .bat file attached for remainder---

Should I set the shortcut to point to the .exe file instead so as to not run the .bat file?

I clicked on the desktop icon (starting using the .bat file) for the first run and then made the following changes per your install instructions (which are still there if I start with the .bat file or the .exe file):

On the PROGRAM TAB, set the Directories - Data Path to C:\ESysData
On the EST Tab, set the Developer-Soft-Token EST Path to "C:\ESysData\e-sys est\Code Away.est"
On the ODX Tab, set the ODX Rule Path to "C:\ESysData\Rules"

I would think we would want to run the .bat file provided with the e-sys install that the shortcut points to for other e-sys default settings, but then we would not be following your instructions exactly as written. Probably does not matter either way...

Question #1: but it would be nice to know if there is a specific reason to bypass the .bat file provided with the e-sys install or if it just does not matter either way?

Question #1A: If I shouldn't be using the .bat file, did I accidentlly change some option that I shouldn't have like the memory setting of 512m that my e-sys is set to even if starting with the .exe file (e.g. should I do a re-install and this time not use the e-sys.bat file / desktop shortcut to start e-sys ever and only use the e-sys.exe in which case I will change the target in the shortcut to the .exe file)?

Question #2: On another subject, I assume it is OK to delete the extracted install folder "E-Sys_EST_PIN" once I have completed all steps of the installation or will I need other files in there readily available during coding (I did keep the original compressed / *.rar files as downloaded in case of a need to re-install)?
I have never used the .bat file to launch E-Sys, and I really do not think after looking at it that it makes any difference whether you launch E-Sys with the .bat or the .exe. file.

I would not worry either about the .bat file changing the default E-Sys settings, as it won't. The .bat file should just be session specific.

You can delete anything that the instruction does not specify it be copied and put in use or is left behind after doing so.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Mein Auto: 535i xDrive
Shawn, can I please have the 48.1 links. Thanks.
2011 F10 535i xDrive MY 01/2011 Sophisto Grey/Black
Old 12-02-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gicamuci View Post
Shawn, can I please have the 48.1 links. Thanks.
PM Sent.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F30 335i
Can you please pm me the link to the files also. I currently have 4.75, Just picked up my 335i yesterday. Dont know if its compatible with it, planning on downloading 47.7. Should I download it or just use your 48.1 stuff? Also how do I go about using the file you sent me. Never coded a car before. I have the steps on how to set up and code though. Also does coding void the warranty, I have extended warranty on my car. Planning on taking to dealer to code the A.S.S. but I also want my windows to keep rolling up when I open the door. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntBabeee View Post
Can you please pm me the link to the files also. I currently have 4.75, Just picked up my 335i yesterday. Dont know if its compatible with it, planning on downloading 47.7. Should I download it or just use your 48.1 stuff? Also how do I go about using the file you sent me. Never coded a car before. I have the steps on how to set up and code though. Also does coding void the warranty, I have extended warranty on my car. Planning on taking to dealer to code the A.S.S. but I also want my windows to keep rolling up when I open the door. Thanks a lot in advance.
PM Sent.

Add 48.1 CAFD files to your existing 47.1 PSdZData by copying them to C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe\cafd folder. Do not waste your time downloading 47.7.

Follow the Getting Started Coding Guide to understand FDL Coding. If you encounter a problem, let me know.

Simple FDL Coding will not void your warranty.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
PM Sent.

Add 48.1 CAFD files to your existing 47.1 PSdZData by copying them to C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe\cafd folder. Do not waste your time downloading 47.7.

Follow the Getting Started Coding Guide to understand FDL Coding. If you encounter a problem, let me know.

Simple FDL Coding will not void your warranty.
When you mean simple, what exactly are you talking about? Main things i want to code are:
Windows up when door is open, also up with holding the lock button, tire pressure #, dvd in motion, fold mirrors with keyfob.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntBabeee View Post
When you mean simple, what exactly are you talking about? Main things i want to code are:
Windows up when door is open, also up with holding the lock button, tire pressure #, dvd in motion, fold mirrors with keyfob.
All of that is simple.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 AM

Mein Auto: F20 120d
Hi Shawn,

Please can you send me a link to the updated files? Mine went in for servicing and received a random update that broke all my tricks

With thanks
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson2000 View Post
Hi Shawn,

Please can you send me a link to the updated files? Mine went in for servicing and received a random update that broke all my tricks

With thanks
PM sent.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM

Mein Auto: 320d
Hi shawn

please could you send it to me too?

Is it possible to update to v48.1 from V46.3 directly?

Many thanks

Utzeman
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utzeman View Post
Hi shawn

please could you send it to me too?

Is it possible to update to v48.1 from V46.3 directly?

Many thanks

Utzeman
Maybe, but anything older than 47.5, and I would just update the whole PSdZData.

PM sent.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535iGT
Shawn could you PM the link to 48.1.

Thanks

Former BMW's:
2010 BMW X5 xDrive 48i / 2005 BMW X5 30i / 2003 BMW 745Li
2001 BMW X5 30i / 1995 BMW 525i
Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_F1 View Post
Shawn could you PM the link to 48.1.

Thanks
PM sent.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:25 AM

Mein Auto: F20 120
Hi shawn.
Could you tell me the link of version 48.1?

Thank you.