Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 50i M Sport Mperf
2013 X5 50i My Build Production Status Timeline

Hey guys. I figured this might be helpful for anyone else ordering a new truck from Spartanburg to the Northeast Tri-State area or anyone custom ordering in general. Here is an exact break down on my order production status history. I called up the 1800 Number and had a combination of my dealer email me for this information:

Build = 2013 X5 50i M Sport M Perfomance
BMW Dealer = Westbury, NY Long Island

1.) October 9th 2:00PM Order Placed. Depost Left.

2.) October 9th 6:00PM Email Received from Dealer with Production Number.

3.) October 11th 12:00PM Entered Production
"1-800-Number states Expected End of Production of Oct 19th."

4.) October 12th Dealer Emailed Me my VIN Number.

5.) October 15th Entered Body Shop

6.) October 17th Entered Paint Shop

7.) October 18th Vehicle Released to Carrier Awaiting Port of Call/?? Port of Exit? lol

8.) That is where I currently sit. I called my dealer on October 18th once the car was released to carrier and he gave me an estimated Delivery to Dealer date of October 25th.

So from placing the order to supposedly taking delivery it should take approximately 2 to 3 weeks from Carolina to New York/Long Island. I will keep you all posted for when I receive the truck. It was produced MUCH MUCH faster than I ever imagined. I was expecting 2 months minimum. The dealer even told me 4 to 6 weeks but I assume that is what they are supposed to tell everyone from Spartanburg.
Very excited right now!

Dom

Last edited by doms50msport; 10-21-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 AM

Quick Question. Did anyone ever receive a custom build with any missing/wrong options or any problems when picking the truck up? How rare is that?

Thanks guys!

Dom
Old 10-21-2012, 06:40 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
1. What "truck"?

2. Timeline is ENTIRELY predicated on dealer's ability to allocate a production slot to YOUR order....that is the one wild card that will vary for every order and make an overall "from order to delivery" prediction impossible

A

Ps released to carrier on oct 18, I'll say the car arrives Monday or Tuesday. Enjoy!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doms50msport View Post
Quick Question. Did anyone ever receive a custom build with any missing/wrong options or any problems when picking the truck up? How rare is that?

Thanks guys!

Dom
Yes

Pretty rare.

Did you review and approve the dealerspeed.net order configuration confirmation?? The factory never screws up, the dealers do....
Old 10-21-2012, 06:56 AM

ARD,
You are the man! nice to see you over here as well. lol
You really like I might receive the "SAV" lol this week? As early as Monday or Tuesday?
Thats awesome if tru!

2. Sorry, I have a lot of "TRUCKS" at my business so I never really go into the whole SUV SAV slang and hip lingo of todays generation yet. haha So I am still calling anything thats not a car, a truck.

Thanks for the info dude. No, I never used dealerspeed.net.

Dom
Old 10-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 135i
Quote:

Thanks guys!

Dom
I was missing parts from the M Performance package when I picked mine up. If you are missing options, do not take delivery, it'll get resolved much more quickly then if you take delivery and have to get things fixed after the fact. It's pretty rare, but it can happen.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
I was missing parts from the M Performance package when I picked mine up. If you are missing options, do not take delivery, it'll get resolved much more quickly then if you take delivery and have to get things fixed after the fact. It's pretty rare, but it can happen.
Thanks for the response man.
What should I be looking for?
I know there are gas and break pedals in chrome.
Black exhaust tips.
M Door Sills.

So, if I check those three items is there anything else I should be looking for that could be missing? Also, how can we be sure that the extra 40hp is available also if we have something missing from the M Perf package. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I was wondering about that also.

When did you take delivery on yours? Is it possible you were one of the first deliveries of MSport + M Performance Package and maybe BMW got their act together now?

Dom

Last edited by doms50msport; 10-21-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
ARD,
You are the man! nice to see you over here as well. lol
You really like I might receive the "SAV" lol this week? As early as Monday or Tuesday?
Thats awesome if tru!

2. Sorry, I have a lot of "TRUCKS" at my business so I never really go into the whole SUV SAV slang and hip lingo of todays generation yet. haha So I am still calling anything thats not a car, a truck.

Thanks for the info dude. No, I never used dealerspeed.net.

Dom
Screw the SAV... That is pure BMW marketing speak..car or SUV IMO

Dealerspeed.net is the internal (private, dealer only) website the dealer uses to track all orders...
Old 10-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Dupe
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM

Mein Auto: 09 135i
Quote:
Thanks for the response man.
What should I be looking for?
I know there are gas and break pedals in chrome.
Black exhaust tips.
M Door Sills.

So, if I check those three items is there anything else I should be looking for that could be missing? Also, how can we be sure that the extra 40hp is available also if we have something missing from the M Perf package. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I was wondering about that also.

When did you take delivery on yours? Is it possible you were one of the first deliveries of MSport + M Performance Package and maybe BMW got their act together now?

Dom
I was missing the acc. pedal and the exhaust. The 50i's haven't seem to have had any problems with the exhaust, so you should be ok there. I had an early May build, they should have everything worked out by now I would imagine.

As for the tuning, there's no way to really know, I asked them to confirm that I had the latest for the vehicle and they said it had it, but you'll never really know without a dyno back to back with a non-M Performance vehicle.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:45 PM

Mein Auto: 13 X5 50i M-Performance
Quote:
Also, how can we be sure that the extra 40hp is available also if we have something missing from the M Perf package.

Dom

You could let me drive it
Old 10-21-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:

So from placing the order to supposedly taking delivery it should take approximately 2 to 3 weeks from Carolina to New York/Long Island. I will keep you all posted for when I receive the truck. It was produced MUCH MUCH faster than I ever imagined. I was expecting 2 months minimum. The dealer even told me 4 to 6 weeks but I assume that is what they are supposed to tell everyone from Spartanburg.
Very excited right now!

Dom

My M-Sport 50 was at the dealer in 13 days from order to delivery. Incredible!

What color did you get? Did you get AD?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z51vette View Post
You could let me drive it
haha good one. had me laughing LOL
Old 10-22-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
My M-Sport 50 was at the dealer in 13 days from order to delivery. Incredible!

What color did you get? Did you get AD?
Thanks Man! Yeah I cant believe how excited I have been the last few days. The suspense is killer. Came from a 2002 BMW 4.6is originally sold it this year and bought a 2013 X5 50i Black Sapphite Metallic, Black Interior, Dark Burl Trim, with m sport, m performance, 20 inch wheels, prem pack 2, prem sound, ad, multi contour seats, fully loaded. So, I am extremely excited! Already got rid of my X5 and have been driving around my work truck. A 1998 Mercury Mountaineer. Since I got the BMW factory 440hp tune with m performance package I am still on the fence about doing dinan stage 2. It is 3500 dollars and gives a slight bump in power but like 120 ft lbs of torque which will launch the car outta first and second like a maniac not to mention make the car feel faster. So I am on the fence with the Dinan tune and upping the boost.

Also heard there was a prototype intake for x5/x6 with the 4.4TT motor. I am sure everyone is aware of the huge air restrictions and difficult to reach airbox that BMW out specifically on this x5. The x5m is straight from the grille direct to intake. The x5 50i is like a roller coaster ride before the air even reaches the filter.

Thanks again for the response man. I am definitely amped up as you can see!

Dom
Old 10-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

FYI- if it is that important to you.... dealers may get cars delieverd and they sit for a few days waiting for new vehicle prep/detailing. Classic is a friday arrival, they will let them sit over the weekend to be prepped on Monday, then call you and set up the delivery during the week when they arent as busy.

Of course sposnors here excepted....
Old 10-22-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks Man! Yeah I cant believe how excited I have been the last few days. The suspense is killer. Came from a 2002 BMW 4.6is originally sold it this year and bought a 2013 X5 50i Black Sapphite Metallic, Black Interior, Dark Burl Trim, with m sport, m performance, 20 inch wheels, prem pack 2, prem sound, ad, multi contour seats, fully loaded. So, I am extremely excited! Already got rid of my X5 and have been driving around my work truck. A 1998 Mercury Mountaineer. Since I got the BMW factory 440hp tune with m performance package I am still on the fence about doing dinan stage 2. It is 3500 dollars and gives a slight bump in power but like 120 ft lbs of torque which will launch the car outta first and second like a maniac not to mention make the car feel faster. So I am on the fence with the Dinan tune and upping the boost.

Also heard there was a prototype intake for x5/x6 with the 4.4TT motor. I am sure everyone is aware of the huge air restrictions and difficult to reach airbox that BMW out specifically on this x5. The x5m is straight from the grille direct to intake. The x5 50i is like a roller coaster ride before the air even reaches the filter.

Thanks again for the response man. I am definitely amped up as you can see!

Dom

Did you get AD?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Did you get AD?
Lol yeah man. I guess my paragraph was too long for you to read through, haha sorry I get carried away. The guys over at outpost like ard talked me into ad. At first ad , as, and technology were the onky things I left out of the build. I added on th 3500 option at the last minute. I see you are a New York guy with a 50i on order also. Do you live on Long Island? If so we gotta get some other 50i's to meet up on some Sundays

Last edited by doms50msport; 10-22-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Lol yeah man. I guess my paragraph was too long for you to read through, haha sorry I get carried away. The guys over at outpost like ard talked me into ad. At first ad , as, and technology were the onky things I left out of the build. I added on th 3500 option at the last minute. I see you are a New York guy with a 50i on order also. Do you live on Long Island? If so we gotta get some other 50i's to meet up on some Sundays
I've had my car for a little over a month now. I just never updated the status. I'm on LI sometimes. PM me when you get your car, maybe we'll meet up. You can drive mine if you want. I specifically didn't get AD. See the difference for yourself.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Hey guys. I figured this might be helpful for anyone else ordering a new truck from Spartanburg to the Northeast Tri-State area or anyone custom ordering in general. Here is an exact break down on my order production status history. I called up the 1800 Number and had a combination of my dealer email me for this information:

Build = 2013 X5 50i M Sport M Perfomance
BMW Dealer = Westbury, NY Long Island

1.) October 9th 2:00PM Order Placed. Depost Left.

2.) October 9th 6:00PM Email Received from Dealer with Production Number.

3.) October 11th 12:00PM Entered Production
"1-800-Number states Expected End of Production of Oct 19th."

4.) October 12th Dealer Emailed Me my VIN Number.

5.) October 15th Entered Body Shop

6.) October 17th Entered Paint Shop

7.) October 18th Vehicle Released to Carrier Awaiting Port of Call/?? Port of Exit? lol

8.) That is where I currently sit. I called my dealer on October 18th once the car was released to carrier and he gave me an estimated Delivery to Dealer date of October 25th.

Very excited right now!

Dom

Just curious if the October 25 estimate was accurate. I have a car that went on a carrier from Spartanburg last Friday so I'm excited to see if getting it next week would be a realistic expectation.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubapup View Post
Just curious if the October 25 estimate was accurate. I have a car that went on a carrier from Spartanburg last Friday so I'm excited to see if getting it next week would be a realistic expectation.
Yes sir.
Give me one second to check my exact delivery date for you.

Dom
Old 12-02-2012, 04:30 AM

It actually came in earlier than that. Lol it came on the Thursday the week before. The 24th was Monday when I picked it up. Dealer didn't want to deliver to me until Monday the 24th but it came in on 20th I believe to the dealer. I actually stopped by to check it out on the 21st.

Here is the delivery thread and pics to hold you over. Lol
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...050&highlight=

Good luck man!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
It actually came in earlier than that. Lol it came on the Thursday the week before. The 24th was Monday when I picked it up. Dealer didn't want to deliver to me until Monday the 24th but it came in on 20th I believe to the dealer. I actually stopped by to check it out on the 21st.

Here is the delivery thread and pics to hold you over. Lol
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...050&highlight=

Good luck man!
Nice! And thanks!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubapup View Post
On the truck on Friday? Should arrive at the dealer monday or tuesday. Dealer typically likes to be vaque to allow they time to prep it at their leisure...

A
Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
On the truck on Friday? Should arrive at the dealer monday or tuesday. Dealer typically likes to be vaque to allow they time to prep it at their leisure...

A
Thanks Ard

I emailed my CA to request that they apply the auto start stop preference bulletin before I take delivery. Just a few more days, hoping to pick it up on Friday.