Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW M
coding HUD

Does anyone know if the 2009 HUD can be coded to show the turn signals? I saw that the '12 could be done this way. I keep my steering wheel low and it blocks the side view so I some times pull a blue hair.
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2012, 05:25 AM

Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Yes, that's possible:

Module: HUD
Parameter: BLINKER_AUSSTATTUNG
Setting change required: nicht_aktiv -> aktiv

Result: Turn signals in HUD

There are additional HUD changes possible too:

HUD:
M_SPORT_HUD. -> aktiv
M5 HUD - shows RPM bar and current gear (all three needs to be enabled for Mview to work in HUD settings)

CAPPL:
HUD_M -> aktiv
M5 HUD - shows RPM bar and current gear (all three needs to be enabled for Mview to work in HUD settings)

CAPPL:
MDrive -> aktiv
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650i
As Rebel stated ye it can be. It is a very nice feature to add to the HUD since the turn signals are behind the steering wheel. I foudn this feature to be very useful. Hopefully you can find someone to help you get setup for coding. It is a chore to setup, but once you have it setup, the coding part os pretty simple.

Good luck.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: BMW M
As I only have a 650i I can't get the sweet M stuff. I also want to turn off seat belt chime (every morning, bong bong while I get situated, I wear them I swear), lawyer screen on nav, sport mode on by default if possible
Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 PM

You should be able to enable the M elements in your HUD, there's only one HuD hardware & it is coded according to the car it is fitted to. Similarly the MDrive menu can be enabled in any iDrive system but it doesn't do anything, you can select P400, P500, P500 Sport but it does nothing. I think the HUD functions do work though.

As for Sport mode on by default, I don't think this is possible. You might be able to make up a circuit that provides a momentary pulse of positive (or negative, would have to check that) power supply to the back of the Sport switch at start up. There is no code to do it anyway

Legal Disclaimer remove
Module: CAPPL/MASK
Parameter: LEGAL_DISCL
Change required: aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Seat Belt chime remove
Module: ABG & SGM (2 modules for total disable, just disable ABG if you want it to bong just twice)
Parameter:
SBR_BEIFAHRER_ACSM (Driver)
SBR_FAHRER_ACSM (Passenger)
Change required:
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Video in Motion
Module: CAPPL
Parameter: VIDEO_DENY_C0B
Change required: deny_slow_key -> deny_never

There's tonnes of changes on top of this that can also be done like adding a digital speedo

Last edited by rebel.ranter; 12-03-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 AM

Mein Auto: '07 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
You should be able to enable the M elements in your HUD, there's only one HuD hardware & it is coded according to the car it is fitted to. Similarly the MDrive menu can be enabled in any iDrive system but it doesn't do anything, you can select P400, P500, P500 Sport but it does nothing. I think the HUD functions do work though.

As for Sport mode on by default, I don't think this is possible. You might be able to make up a circuit that provides a momentary pulse of positive (or negative, would have to check that) power supply to the back of the Sport switch at start up. There is no code to do it anyway

Legal Disclaimer remove
Module: CAPPL/MASK
Parameter: LEGAL_DISCL
Change required: aktiv -> night_aktiv

Seat Belt chime remove
Module: ABG & SGM (2 modules for total disable, just disable ABG if you want it to bong just twice)
Parameter:
SBR_BEIFAHRER_ACSM (Driver)
SBR_FAHRER_ACSM (Passenger)
Change required:
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

Video in Motion
Module: CAPPL
Parameter: VIDEO_DENY_C0B
Change required: deny_slow_key -> deny_never

There's tonnes of changes on top of this that can also be done like adding a digital speedo

All true. My car is a 650i (2007) and I have the M HUD option coded. Blinkers are great as well. But, I don't get the gear in my HUD Guess I need to go check this out when I get home.

Ranter - Can my car show video? and do you know the module/command to unlock doors when put it in Park or kill motor?

Thanks
HUD, Comfort Access

Old 12-03-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchman View Post
Ranter - Can my car show video? and do you know the module/command to unlock doors when put it in Park or kill motor?
Thanks
Unlock Doors:
Module: CAS
Parameter: ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR
Change: nicht_aktiv -> aktiv
(Note if someone opens a door prematurely the other door/trunk will not auto unlock)

Another useful one is being able to press & hold Start/Stop button to pop key out:
Parameter: KOMFORT_EJECT

As for playing video? What would the source be? There is a code to enable reverse camera if you have a CIC or CCC, maybe you could use that feed? Another option is to install the Dension system.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:05 AM

Mein Auto: '07 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
Unlock Doors:
Parameter: ER_KEYOUT_AUTOVR
(Note if someone opens a door prematurely the other door/trunk will not auto unlock)

Another useful one is being able to press & hold Start/Stop button to pop key out:
Parameter: KOMFORT_EJECT

As for playing video? What would the source be? There is a code to enable reverse camera if you have a CIC or CCC, maybe you could use that feed? Another option is to install the Dension system.
Thanks for those. I will do them this morning.

I was hoping for DVD playback. I've read threads that say it is possible and seen many that say you need a CIC.
HUD, Comfort Access

Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 AM
OOO

Mein Auto: E90 335i
Unfortunately your car doesn't support DVD playback from factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchman View Post
Thanks for those. I will do them this morning.

I was hoping for DVD playback. I've read threads that say it is possible and seen many that say you need a CIC.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
I will have to try some of these one of these days . Since I got my PC and NSExpert working I haven't had time to do anything like this. The HUD change does seems interesting and would be handy for me to do as well. I may have to reach out to some of you experts when i'm ready

Previous Cars:
2008 650 Convertible 6 speed manual
2004 645 Convertible 6 speed manual
1994 540 6 speed manual
Old 12-06-2012, 09:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 650i LCI
Just had some coding done for me today. Did the HUD turn signal, roll up window with key fob and anger eye led code delete.

2008 BMW 650i Convertible- LCI.
- ACS style rear spoiler
-Eisenmann Race Exhaust, resonators removed, Magnaflow X pipe.
- LED Angel eyes, plate light and interior package
- Tinted Windows- Charcoal 20%
- Stock 19" summer wheels & 18" M6 Winter wheels