Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 12-03-2012, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: 550i
First time'er

Hi All,

Just bought my first BMW, an 07 550 with 39k. I checked and the car had a open recall and I needed the thigh support on the drivers seat fixed so I made an appt. I bought it from a Toyota dealer and they are footing the bill for the seat repair..

My appt was for 840am and I said I would wait when I made the appt. The advisor seemed less than impressed that I was bringing my used BMW in to his shop for service and said 10 words to me the whole time. I decided to leave the car as he said it would take a while...

I called him at 3pm, said it was just going in.... 4:30pm he says he has not heard anything and it will be overnight. I have to say that I love the car but my experience so far with the dealer is turning me off. Is this normal or am i just visiting trash because I have a used car...

Mark
Ads by Google
Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
No, he was probably having a bad day. What happens in the back with the technicians is usual, but the advisors up
front deal with customers directly and are supposed to be informed what's going on and remain joyful throughout the
ordeal. If your car is CPO, you won't be spending money for those repairs so that may be why he's not happy as dealers
love used cars by the way.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
mlawing

Mein Auto: 2004 525 bmw
Had same recall done on wifes car dealership was courteous, but that was in charlotte nc. I would just chalk it up that the guy was just having a bad day. That doesnt make it right , always remember there is always someone with way more problems than we have.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Gap Filler for a M6 GC?!?

Mein Auto: '10 550i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyparrothead View Post
Hi All,

Just bought my first BMW, an 07 550 with 39k. I checked and the car had a open recall and I needed the thigh support on the drivers seat fixed so I made an appt. I bought it from a Toyota dealer and they are footing the bill for the seat repair..

My appt was for 840am and I said I would wait when I made the appt. The advisor seemed less than impressed that I was bringing my used BMW in to his shop for service and said 10 words to me the whole time. I decided to leave the car as he said it would take a while...

I called him at 3pm, said it was just going in.... 4:30pm he says he has not heard anything and it will be overnight. I have to say that I love the car but my experience so far with the dealer is turning me off. Is this normal or am i just visiting trash because I have a used car...

Mark
Remind him of your experience when he asks for 10s on the BMW survey you'll be receiving.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 AM

Mein Auto: 550i
Well off to the dealer I went and they tell me that the CCC is the cause of the voice command not working.. Does this make sense ?

So far my experience has been horrible.. I made an appt for 830 yesterday and the service advisor came over to me. He was less than impressed that I was there with my used car and even less that I was new to the BMW experience. called a 345 yesterday and he sasy the car was just going in and nothing else. Called this morning and he has someone tell me he would call me in 5 min... never happened. called back at 11 and told the tech is still diagnosing the issue. called and 1, same answer and I was told that my appt was for a drop off, not for repair. When I ask if that was the case, why was I ask if I was waiting or leaving it there was no reply.

I happened to have a close friend that went there today to buy a 7 series and I told him while he was there what was going on and he said he was concerned about the treatment of the customers in the service dept, I get a call... Everything is diagnosed and the CCC is bad. Not sure what it is or if it is reasonable...

The happiness I had when I picked the car up 3 days ago has been washed away.....
Old 12-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 E60 545i, 84 E30 318i
Congrats on the new ride. And dont let this experience take away from the overall BMW experience, there are a lot more good ones to be had. But trust me you will have some bad ones, it is after all a car. But when you got ur first cut, you diddnt just quit on life, so dont quit on ur car.