BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Sacrificial cylinder?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Kamdog 
#1 ·
I recently heard of the notion of a sacrifical cylinder on most turbo charged engines. Is this true for the 335i (2007)? If so does it explain my needing a new coil on number three in February and a new injector on number three in November?:dunno:

#2 ·
I recently heard of the notion of a sacrificial cylinder on most turbo charged engines. Is this true for the 335i (2007)? If so does it explain my needing a new coil on number three in February and a new injector on number three in November?
A cutting edge concept....give us a reference!

Now, so far as I know, BMW has not spec'd any sacrificial cylinders in their engines, needing all of them for locomotion as they do, perhaps now the design of yesteryear.

However. The Volkswagen Group may have done so covertly, accounting for their sluggardly performance, Bugatti excepted.

GM is reputed to be far along in development of same, in submissive compliance with Obama Administration guidelines. Ford has refused to participate.

Please keep us posted on this!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.