Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335i
Thanks icu for your post.

I have a 2011 build date Oct 2010 w/ the combox. Before I went to the website, I went out to my car to write down what software ver I currently have and it shows bluetooth ver TX-003.004.031 So I went to the website put in my VIN# and chose Verizon and then iPhone 5, it showed that an update is available for my car.

It said Bluetooth software version after I do the software update will now be: TX-003.005.004 So I put the file on a memory stick and went to my idrive and downloaded the update, it said my car had to be running to do the update, so after the update processed. I checked to see what software I currently have and it shows: TX-003.005.005

So that means the downloaded file contains a newer ver than what it states on the website because it said I was going to get TX-003.005.004 but I actually now have TX-003.005.005

My iphone 5 has not arrived yet still on order, so I can't try it out yet, but my Htc droid incredible still works like it did before. I just hope when my new iphone arrives it will work with the new lightening cable and I don't have to get the 30 pin adapter.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger74 View Post
This has actually been discussed many times. Apple does not want emails to be accessed, only SMS. However there is a bug in which email can be displayed under SMS not E-mails. Each time you start the car, let the phone pair with the car, then on the iphone go into Settings--Notifications--Mail--Show, then change the number of unread items to something else. If 5 Unread is checked, then change to 10 unread Items, or vice versa. This has to be done everytime you start the car up. As I said, its a bug in the system, and will probably not work in future iOS versions.
Thank you so much my fellow Bimmerfester, by changing the number of unread items each time on the iPhone the e-mails are now coming through. It's a pain in the rear but with a 90-minute drive each day it helps to get through some e-mails. I am hoping BMW will update its software shortly to fix the bug. My Blackberry never had such problems.

Thanks again and happy holidays.
BMW CCA member. 2012 550i M Sports, Carbon Black/Cinnamon Brown leather/Aluminum Hexagon trim/ZLS. Dinan springs, Xpel paint protect film, Llumar tint. Retired: 2009 535i, 2006 530i, 2003 X5, 1998 318i
Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 50i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcandmm View Post
Thank you so much my fellow Bimmerfester, by changing the number of unread items each time on the iPhone the e-mails are now coming through. It's a pain in the rear but with a 90-minute drive each day it helps to get through some e-mails. I am hoping BMW will update its software shortly to fix the bug. My Blackberry never had such problems.

Thanks again and happy holidays.
Not a problem, but unfortunately it's Apples issue and from what I hear they do not support emails, just SMS
Old 12-02-2012, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5M
I just picked up an iphone5 yesterday...replacing BB which had email functionality. I do get emails and text but I do have to change mail notification from banner to alert then lock the phone every time I enter car...right after phone connects. Only do this for long drives. Once connected...phone can be unlocked and emails and texts still come through or just keep it locked and same thing 5 sec procedure for those who really want email. I used it very little with my BB so while I am glad to have it available...not a critical feature

Last edited by Enatai252; 12-02-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:36 PM

Mein Auto: Acura RL
Any way to use the BMW system to dictate a response or send a SMS ?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:43 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobileum View Post
You are using the wrong web site. Go here:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/nav...gion=&country=
Thanks for the link. The product notes list the Samsung Galaxy S II among the supported device list, but not yet the SIII - no love me me yet.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
SMS integration is working excellent for me. I don't have to change anything when I get in the car, it always works.

Only problem I have been having is that my DragonDrive outbound messaging isnt working. It works for wdimagineer but not for me. That's annoying because I really badly need this feature.

2014 BMW///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Old 12-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Familienwappen

Mein Auto: '11 535xi, '14 X1 28xi
Like many was having trouble finding site to download update. So checked the CIC and it say "www.BMW.com/update", gee, now everything is an easy menu click.

Wir koennen alles. Ausser Hochdeutsch
Old 12-08-2012, 01:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535d x drive
I have an iPhone 4S on the media cradle which I just updated to iOS 6.01. I see no difference between 6.0 and 6.01 in terms of functionality. All the message menus are still there, I still apparently get text messages, and emails if I turn off alerts and turn back on again.

My other phone is a Galaxy Nexus operating with Android Jelly Bean, 4.1, I get no messages at all...FWIW. I thought 4.1 incorporated MAP protocol.
2014 535d xdrive ED 4/28/14 Glacier silver, Ivory Interior-Soft Close Doors, Ash wood, Harmon Kardon, Cold Package, Driver Assistant and Driver Assistant Plus, Luxury Line, Lighting Package, Luxury Seating Package, Premium Package