Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:16 PM
MatWiz's Avatar
MatWiz MatWiz is offline
Psychology Reversalist
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,755
Mein Auto: 528
NYPD's Police Officer Random Act of Kindness Caught on Camera...

Quote:
Picture of NY Police Officer’s Random Act of Kindness Goes Viral, Inspires Thousands
Posted on: 1:43 pm, November 29, 2012, by Sarah Clark, updated on: 01:50pm, November 29, 2012

NEW YORK — One selfless act done by a New York police officer was caught on camera without him knowing, and the picture has since gone viral.

According to the New York Police Department’s Facebook page, a woman from Florence, Ariz., witnessed a NY police officer give a homeless man a pair of boots and thermal socks.
Working in law enforcement herself, Jennifer Foster said she so impressed, she had to bring attention to the policeman’s random act of kindness.

“The officer said, ‘I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather,” Foster wrote, detailing what she saw on that cold November day. “The officer squatted down on the ground and proceeded to put socks and the new boots on this man. The officer expected NOTHING in return and did not know I was watching.”
Of course, after seeing the photo, the New York Police Department knew who the officer was. His name: Larry DePrimo, who — after getting thrust into the Good Samaritan’s spotlight — said, “I didn’t think anything of it.”

But Foster did, and apparently hundreds of thousands of others. The Facebook photo posted by the NYPD has been shared over 114,000 times and counting. It’s been liked nearly 400,000 times and the story has been picked up by the New York Times, News Day and a variety of other news organizations.

According to the New York Times, DePrimo noticed blisters on the homeless man’s feet.

“I had two pairs of socks and I was still cold,” DePrimo told the NY Times.

So DePrimo went into a Sketchers shoe store and purchased a pair of boots and thermal socks. The manager, Joe Cano, offered DePrimo his employee discount, bringing the total to $75.

On the flip side

Earlier this year in Detroit, a paramedic was punished by the city for giving a cold, half-naked man a blanket after a house fire. The blanket was donated to the EMS department, but the city said employees must get permission to give “department property” away. Read that story here
__________________
MatWiz
"Seeing is not believing. Believing is seeing." -Judy the Elf
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:50 PM
stylinexpat's Avatar
stylinexpat stylinexpat is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between California and Asia
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 18,087
Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Shows that there are good officers out there. Not sure what the odds are but this officer was one of the better ones out there.
__________________
2009 M3
130i Sold
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-29-2012, 03:51 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,171
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
The world would surely be a MUCH better place with random acts of kindness and people like this!

~ Big Marcus
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:03 PM
wyb's Avatar
wyb wyb is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Stepping away from the keyboard ...
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,968
Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
The world would surely be a MUCH better place with random acts of kindness and people like this!

~ Big Marcus
I wholeheartedly agree - and I said this morning when I shared this on facebook - that I encourage everyone I know to take the time to perform a few acts of kindness throughout the year, but especially throughout the holiday season, even if all you can afford is to drop a can or two off at a food-bank or other charity collection place... we try to do something for a homeless person at Christmas - we've handed out sleeping bags we boughts and blankets... it makes you realize how much you have, even if things aren't going as you want them to - we don't want to shelter or food!
__________________
535i XDrive | Alpine White w/Black+Natural Leather Interior

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Emilner Emilner is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: LI, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,294
Mein Auto: 2013 SL63
It was an amazing act that some thought was necessary to discredit by calling it fake. Our local news confirmed it is legit. I think it's time everyone gets off the edge and refocus on what it means to be human, and we can help our fellow people when they are in need...
__________________


2013 SL63 AMG black....
2012 750IL x drive, imperial blue/oyster, a finely loaded beater car...
2014 GL350 loaded for the wifey...
2012 650 Cabriolet M sport (gone)
2011 550ix M sport (gone)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 PM
MatWiz's Avatar
MatWiz MatWiz is offline
Psychology Reversalist
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,755
Mein Auto: 528
Wait... There is more to the story...

PO Larry DiPrimo with the press: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2021513...ist-goes-viral

"After he had the shoes on, I pulled him up on his feet and asked "listen, do you want to grab a cup of coffee, do you want to go get something to eat?"

The homeless said "No officer, thank you, you have done enough already, be safe, and God bless you".

DiPrimo said he keeps the invoice in his pocket, "To remind me that there are people who are going through hard time right now".
__________________
MatWiz
"Seeing is not believing. Believing is seeing." -Judy the Elf
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:33 PM
1Dreamer's Avatar
1Dreamer 1Dreamer is offline
Super Moderator
Location: A block off Sunset Blvd.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,367
Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
I wholeheartedly agree - and I said this morning when I shared this on facebook - that I encourage everyone I know to take the time to perform a few acts of kindness throughout the year, but especially throughout the holiday season, even if all you can afford is to drop a can or two off at a food-bank or other charity collection place... we try to do something for a homeless person at Christmas - we've handed out sleeping bags we boughts and blankets... it makes you realize how much you have, even if things aren't going as you want them to - we don't want to shelter or food!
I read about this guy who gave away money for (and on) his own birthday and thought that was a pretty cool idea, but he was just handing out $5 bills and not necessarily to the needy. And I will occasionally buy meals for the homeless, like this time, and I liked the concept of helping others on and for my birthday - and I've honestly had a good year financially. So I took a 4 day weekend at a hotel in San Francisco for my birthday this year with the intent of finding people to buy meals for (which isn't difficult there) and it was really great.

One guy said he wanted to buy food, so I asked him what he'd buy if he had enough and he said he wanted a blueberry pancake meal and a milkshake from this 24 hour diner up the street about a block or so and around the corner, so I said . . . let's go get it, and went up there with him so he could order and I wouldn't screw it up (ha!), but he was nervous about losing his corner (I guess there are better and worse corners for homeless people - never thought about that) so after he ordered, I waited for his meal and took it to him out there. Had to wait about 15 minutes because the place was packed, and I think it was $14 bucks - which surprised me for pancakes. But that actually made it more fun because I doubted he'd spend $14 of whatever he collected for a meal like that on his own, so it was nice to know he was going to have his ultimate meal and it wouldn't cost him a dime of what he'd collected and could use that for another meal. He was so thin - just got the feeling he was a vet who fell on hard times. He looked genuinely shocked when he saw me standing there with his meal. I don't think he really thought I'd get it and bring it all the way back to him, said "God bless you" and I was on my way.

Then another guy had a sign up saying if x number of people gave him a quarter, he could get a room at a hostel. I asked him how much more he needed and he said $5-something, so I gave him $10 and he was so excited. He said "I'm done for the night!" and after we talked a bit about how he ended up homeless, he left for the hostel saying he actually owed the hostel for letting him stay there when he came up short before, so would use the extra to pay the guy back.

Those are just two instances that stood out that weekend, but I had a really good weekend buying meals for people. I normally don't just hand money out, but have no issues buying food. If they turn down the food, I figure the money was going to go toward alcohol or whatever.

Oh, there was this other woman too who was going along staring at everyone's coffee cups and looking like she was waiting for someone to leave part of one. When she passed by me (sitting outside) I asked her if she wanted some coffee. She thought I meant what I had left! I said no, no, sit down, tell me what you want and I'll be right back. So she sat at my table and and I went and got her order. There were other people giving me dirty looks because she made them uncomfortable, but I didn't care. Sat there with her having a nice conversation, finally said I had to go, she said she was off to church (?) but I remember thinking I hope it made her day that someone sat and had a nice conversation wit her instead of looking at her like she was crazy and diseased.

Last edited by 1Dreamer; 11-29-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:45 PM
mj745's Avatar
mj745 mj745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,074
Mein Auto: BMW 750Li
It was the act of a good hearted human being, not a cop.
I'm only putting this out there not to look for unwanted praise but perhaps maybe give someone an idea of how they can contribute too. And this time of yr it couldnt be better. Its not only getting extremely cold outside but, approaching Xmas and new years, the homeless couldnt feel any lonlier. I purchase cheap but warm blankets for about $300 total and another $300 or so on sweaters and/jackets (depends what i can get my hands on. Then me and my little cousin drive around handing them out. We do this every yr and its of immense satisfaction to the both of us and we always cheer like children when that time is approaching.

Excellent timing for this thread Mr Wiz. I REALLY hope at least half of the people who read this thread help the homeless or needy in any way they can. When you give a small token and you see the surprise and greatful look at their face it will literally melt you. You'll be greatful for the heat, bread, and water in your home.

The man giving boots and socks to that man is very touching
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 PM
1Dreamer's Avatar
1Dreamer 1Dreamer is offline
Super Moderator
Location: A block off Sunset Blvd.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,367
Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj745 View Post
It was the act of a good hearted human being, not a cop.
I'm only putting this out there not to look for unwanted praise but perhaps maybe give someone an idea of how they can contribute too. And this time of yr it couldnt be better. Its not only getting extremely cold outside but, approaching Xmas and new years, the homeless couldnt feel any lonlier. I purchase cheap but warm blankets for about $300 total and another $300 or so on sweaters and/jackets (depends what i can get my hands on. Then me and my little cousin drive around handing them out. We do this every yr and its of immense satisfaction to the both of us and we always cheer like children when that time is approaching.

Excellent timing for this thread Mr Wiz. I REALLY hope at least half of the people who read this thread help the homeless or needy in any way they can. When you give a small token and you see the surprise and greatful look at their face it will literally melt you. You'll be greatful for the heat, bread, and water in your home.

The man giving boots and socks to that man is very touching
This is a very cool idea. I will be back up in SF for a long weekend after Christmas until New Year's Day spending it with my aunt and uncle. It'll be cold then, and I might try to do something like this.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 PM
mj745's Avatar
mj745 mj745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,074
Mein Auto: BMW 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
I read about this guy who gave away money for (and on) his own birthday and thought that was a pretty cool idea, but he was just handing out $5 bills and not necessarily to the needy. And I will occasionally buy meals for the homeless, like this time, and I liked the concept of helping others on and for my birthday - and I've honestly had a good year financially. So I took a 4 day weekend at a hotel in San Francisco for my birthday this year with the intent of finding people to buy meals for (which isn't difficult there) and it was really great.

One guy said he wanted to buy food, so I asked him what he'd buy if he had enough and he said he wanted a blueberry pancake meal and a milkshake from this 24 hour diner up the street about a block or so and around the corner, so I said . . . let's go get it, and went up there with him so he could order and I wouldn't screw it up (ha!), but he was nervous about losing his corner (I guess there are better and worse corners for homeless people - never thought about that) so after he ordered, I waited for his meal and took it to him out there. Had to wait about 15 minutes because the place was packed, and I think it was $14 bucks - which surprised me for pancakes. But that actually made it more fun because I doubted he'd spend $14 of whatever he collected for a meal like that on his own, so it was nice to know he was going to have his ultimate meal and it wouldn't cost him a dime of what he'd collected and could use that for another meal. He was so thin - just got the feeling he was a vet who fell on hard times. He looked genuinely shocked when he saw me standing there with his meal. I don't think he really thought I'd get it and bring it all the way back to him, said "God bless you" and I was on my way.

Then another guy had a sign up saying if x number of people gave him a quarter, he could get a room at a hostel. I asked him how much more he needed and he said $5-something, so I gave him $10 and he was so excited. He said "I'm done for the night!" and after we talked a bit about how he ended up homeless, he left for the hostel saying he actually owed the hostel for letting him stay there when he came up short before, so would use the extra to pay the guy back.

Those are just two instances that stood out that weekend, but I had a really good weekend buying meals for people. I normally don't just hand money out, but have no issues buying food. If they turn down the food, I figure the money was going to go toward alcohol or whatever.

Oh, there was this other woman too who was going along staring at everyone's coffee cups and looking like she was waiting for someone to leave part of one. When she passed by me (sitting outside) I asked her if she wanted some coffee. She thought I meant what I had left! I said no, no, sit down, tell me what you want and I'll be right back. So she sat at my table and and I went and got her order. There were other people giving me dirty looks because she made them uncomfortable, but I didn't care. Sat there with her having a nice conversation, finally said I had to go, she said she was off to church (?) but I remember thinking I hope it made her day that someone sat and had a nice conversation wit her instead of looking at her like she was crazy and diseased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
This is a very cool idea. I will be back up in SF for a long weekend after Christmas until New Year's Day spending it with my aunt and uncle. It'll be cold then, and I might try to do something like this.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 AM
1Dreamer's Avatar
1Dreamer 1Dreamer is offline
Super Moderator
Location: A block off Sunset Blvd.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,367
Mein Auto: Fiver
Another great story. This guy is giving away his 3 grocery stores to his 400 employees. The new CEO will be a guy he originally hired as a janitor in 1998.

Quote:
Grocer, 70, gives stores to his employees — for free

Just in time for Christmas, a retiring Minnesota grocery store owner is giving his roughly 400 employees quite a gift — ownership of his three stores.

Instead of accepting any of the multiple offers he received from large national chains to purchase his stores, Joe Lueken, 70, will transfer ownership of his two Lueken’s Village Foods in Bemidji, Minn., and another one in Wahpeton, N.D., to his employees as part of an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). The transfer of ownership from the Lueken family to the employees will begin on Jan. 1, and will not cost the employees any money.

The amount of shares each employee receives will be based on length of service and salary. The program is expected to pay the Lueken family off for the sale in three to five years, according to a report by the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

“My employees are largely responsible for any success I've had, and they deserve to get some of the benefits of that," Lueken told the Star Tribune. "You can't always take. You also have to give back."

After being informed by his two sons that they were not interested in taking over the business, Lueken and his family came up with the employee stock ownership plan to transfer ownership.

"We could have hired a gunslinger from Minneapolis, but that didn't sit well because the reward wouldn't go to the proper people," Lueken's son Jeff told the Star Tribune.

After 46 years in the business, Lueken, who has Parkinson's disease, is retiring to travel the world with his wife. Lueken announced last week that Brent Sicard, who started in a janitor job at Lueken’s in 1998 and worked his way up to a top management position, will take over as the company’s president and chief executive officer.

Lueken has acted like a regular guy even as his business grew, driving vans for the company and hanging out in the break room with the other employees over the years, according to the Star Tribune.

"Joe would arrive at 3:30 every morning," Sicard told the newspaper. "No one could outstock Joe. No one could outwalk Joe. No one can outthink Joe. He can walk through a $2 million warehouse and tell you within a few thousand dollars how much is in there."

Lueken has also been giving to charitable causes for years, helping the Bemidji State University Foundation give scholarships to students in need.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/499840...day-good_news/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 AM
smyles smyles is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 631
Mein Auto: X5
Lol

Last edited by smyles; 11-30-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:27 AM
1Dreamer's Avatar
1Dreamer 1Dreamer is offline
Super Moderator
Location: A block off Sunset Blvd.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,367
Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
What are the odds...
Political commentary isn't allowed outside Poli Sci, but iit's all over the news.

http://www.businessinsider.com/store...loyees-2012-11
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/minn-...ry?id=17818586
http://www.startribune.com/local/180550281.html?refer=y
http://www.inquisitr.com/415341/groc...yees-for-free/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 AM
smyles smyles is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 631
Mein Auto: X5
Predictably, the act of kindness was ... a waste.

Homeless man grateful for boots, but barefoot again.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Sportsdad's Avatar
Sportsdad Sportsdad is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Between chaos and madness
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,144
Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
Please understand that many of you that find this act of kindness heart warming that you can do this too without spending a dime.
Donate time at a food bank or homeless shelter, or even your local church ALWAYS has something going on year around to help the homeless, and the best part is, you don't have to be a church member or religious (We are not religious and donate our time to a local church to help the needy in Nov and Dec, and my kids learn a good lesson about what it's like to have nothing! The volunteer work and lessons the kids learn is worth it's weight in gold)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-04-2012, 01:25 AM
paulg's Avatar
paulg paulg is offline
Omni Extaris
Location: The far flung Isles of Langerhan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,015
Mein Auto: The Axles of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
Predictably, the act of kindness was ... a waste.

Homeless man grateful for boots, but barefoot again.
disagree.

Whether the guy eats the shoes or wears them, this act of kindness was an inspiration to many people.

It will spur people to do other acts of charity and kindness - and even if it does not - there is value in making people feel good.

And giving is it's own reward. I'm sure the policeman felt good when he gave the guy the shoes - and I bet he has done this before.

No.

An act of kindness is never a waste.
__________________
We're the monsters of our own world. - Predators
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.


http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7800&dateline=1275495849
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 AM
Polikarpov Polikarpov is offline
Registered User
Location: Russia, Kostroma
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: BMW 730i, seeking 325 e30
Link, please. I will show in runet. Respect!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Polikarpov Polikarpov is offline
Registered User
Location: Russia, Kostroma
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: BMW 730i, seeking 325 e30
This news is in Russia.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 AM
smyles smyles is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DC
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 631
Mein Auto: X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg View Post
Whether the guy eats the shoes or wears them, this act of kindness was an inspiration to many people.

It will spur people to do other acts of charity and kindness - and even if it does not - there is value in making people feel good.

And giving is it's own reward. I'm sure the policeman felt good when he gave the guy the shoes - and I bet he has done this before.

No.

An act of kindness is never a waste.
I hear what you're saying, and you're right if things are looked at short-term; unfortunately, in perspective it will only add to the cynicism when the hoopla and excitement and warm good feelings wear off (which happens quickly since 'viral videos' pop up almost every day) and what's left is the cold realization that this particular act of spending $$ on a mentally ill person hasn't changed anything to this person and was, well, a waste.

The above doesn't mean we shouldn't do (and promote) good deeds; but we should be smart about it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:30 PM
1Dreamer's Avatar
1Dreamer 1Dreamer is offline
Super Moderator
Location: A block off Sunset Blvd.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,367
Mein Auto: Fiver
So the latest is that he's not homeless.
Quote:
Jeffrey Hillman, the barefoot recipient of boots from an NYPD officer last month, has an apartment in the Bronx, officials told the News 4 I-Team.

“He does have stable housing,” said Seth Diamond, New York City's homeless services commissioner. “We’ve worked with Mr. Hillman for years.”

Hillman used to be homeless, but entered shelter in 2009 before moving into an apartment secured by Veterans Affairs in 2011, city officials said. He pays his rent using a lifetime voucher for homeless veterans and his Social Security income.

Despite his permanent home, Hillman panhandles in Times Square, usually without shoes. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . It's not clear why someone with new boots would continue to go shoeless on the street when he has a home. Homeless experts speculate that in addition to the possibility of mental health issues or drug addiction, shoelessness might make for better panhandling.

http://todaynews.today.com/_news/201...cials-say?lite
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
MatWiz's Avatar
MatWiz MatWiz is offline
Psychology Reversalist
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,755
Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
So the latest is that he's not homeless.
He has a brother in PA. That brother said that he is always welcome to come to them, but that he just prefer that type of lifestyle.

It's something that I've heard from a few homeless people. That they just like to be outside, don't like to be in home.
__________________
MatWiz
"Seeing is not believing. Believing is seeing." -Judy the Elf
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 PM
1Dreamer's Avatar
1Dreamer 1Dreamer is offline
Super Moderator
Location: A block off Sunset Blvd.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,367
Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
He has a brother in PA. That brother said that he is always welcome to come to them, but that he just prefer that type of lifestyle.

It's something that I've heard from a few homeless people. That they just like to be outside, don't like to be in home.
Yeah, read that too and I do know that happens (some choose homelessness), but in this case, he actually has his own apartment.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-04-2012, 08:11 PM
MatWiz's Avatar
MatWiz MatWiz is offline
Psychology Reversalist
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 15,755
Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
Yeah, read that too and I do know that happens (some choose homelessness), but in this case, he actually has his own apartment.
I know. As those that I spoke with. They either had NYC Housing apt or a room, or a room at a house of sibling, etc. Not all of them, but quite a few. But they preferred to live on the street. I usually buy them something to eat, or I share my food with them, and then we sit and chat. I mean, if I bought like 2 slices of pizza and I sit somewhere to eat, and I see them passing by and looking, I'd ask them "hey, you hungry? you want a slice?" and then, "come, have a seat". It's a common thing here, like if you go eat and you don't finish your food, the waitress will ask if you want to take it home. So you take it, and look for a homeless to give to. No big deal.
__________________
MatWiz
"Seeing is not believing. Believing is seeing." -Judy the Elf
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms