Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:08 AM
What Speed Limit?

Mein Auto: 2002 540i
Any Thoughts On EAG (Enthusiast Auto Group)?

Not sure if this questions been asked before but have been wondering. I've heard thet they have excellent knowledge and selection plus a great service center. But after looking at their website. In my opinion they seem WAAAAAYYYYY overpriced on their vehicles! I know they give the vehicles a full service and all and make sure the vehicles look "factory new". But I'm NOT paying $60,000 for a 2003 E39 M5 with 7,000 miles on the clock. I know 7,000 miles is low for a decade old car, but c'mon. Even Kelly Blue Book online would list a vehicle in the same condition and milage for half the price. They even have a 2002 one going for just under $40,000 with over 30,000 on the odometer. I know it sounds like I'm bashing them, but those prices are too much for cars that old. Has anyone on here have any experience with them? Would like to hear your responses and also see if anyone agrees with me. Later.
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Who, me?

Mein Auto: 2006 330Ci ZHP
I think you have a pretty accurate picture... They spend a couple of thousand making the cars look brand new, then price them $6K-$10K higher..
It makes the cars (with admittedly low mileage) look like they've been meticulously cared for, but not always the case.. When I shop for a used car privately, I look for things like curbed wheels and other signs of owner neglect.. Let's just say they give the local wheel restoration shop a lot of business...

They do know their cars and their market.. but, I get a slightly slimy feeling... They do have their proponents, however.. this is just my opinion..
1987 325iS Bronzit (retired)
2011 Z4 Space Gray (retired)
2008 X3 Sapphire Black (retired)
2005 330Cic Silver-Gray (retired)
2003 325i Sport Steel Blue (retired)
1967 2000CS Delphin Gray (retired)
Old 12-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i
What they do is scour the US for prime used cars and then buy them, then mark them up about $10k.

I recently saw an E39 M5 on sale at the M5 board asking $26k. EAG snapped it up really quick and then put it on their website for $36k.

I view them as the place I'll go when I win the lottery, and want a primo classic BMW and don't care about the price. I think that's probably their customers, people with more money than time to search for a really good car.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
MT = Doppler Shifting

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 (MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfs021 View Post
Not sure if this questions been asked before but have been wondering. I've heard thet they have excellent knowledge and selection plus a great service center. But after looking at their website. In my opinion they seem WAAAAAYYYYY overpriced on their vehicles! I know they give the vehicles a full service and all and make sure the vehicles look "factory new". But I'm NOT paying $60,000 for a 2003 E39 M5 with 7,000 miles on the clock. I know 7,000 miles is low for a decade old car, but c'mon. Even Kelly Blue Book online would list a vehicle in the same condition and milage for half the price. They even have a 2002 one going for just under $40,000 with over 30,000 on the odometer. I know it sounds like I'm bashing them, but those prices are too much for cars that old. Has anyone on here have any experience with them? Would like to hear your responses and also see if anyone agrees with me. Later.
I recently spotted that M5 on their web site too; and my reaction to their pricing has generally been the same as yours: a bit high to rather overpriced. But, I gave them something of the benefit of the doubt, thinking their cars were pristine examples of used cars, and were mechanically sound due to their implied practice of going over each of them with a fine-toothed comb.

One day this past September, I was up in the Cincinnati area with an hour or so to kill. Enthusiast was closed, but I thought I'd wander around their lot and see if the cars matched the impressions given by their web site photos -- and their pricing. They did not. The cars were clean, and may be mechanically-sound (the jury is still out there) -- but they were clearly used, and did not, in my opinion, justify their pricing. Occasionally they may get a gem or two in their inventory; but I identified several finish and interior flaws on a number of their vehicles -- without even looking too hard. I realize these are used cars, so flaws are a likelihood; but a full, up-to-date fluids change and a 'spit-shine' on the paint doesn't justify their pricing...

X3 w/6-speed & Sport Package:
A sports sedan disguised as an SUV...
Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfitz63 View Post
One day this past September, I was up in the Cincinnati area with an hour or so to kill. Enthusiast was closed, but I thought I'd wander around their lot and see if the cars matched the impressions given by their web site photos -- and their pricing. They did not. The cars were clean, and may be mechanically-sound (the jury is still out there) -- but they were clearly used, and did not, in my opinion, justify their pricing. Occasionally they may get a gem or two in their inventory; but I identified several finish and interior flaws on a number of their vehicles -- without even looking too hard. I realize these are used cars, so flaws are a likelihood; but a full, up-to-date fluids change and a 'spit-shine' on the paint doesn't justify their pricing...
Interesting. Seems to me also that their pricing is fairly consistent - so every M5 is marked up $10k. That wouldn't be the case if you were just paying for pristine examples.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfdx View Post
I think you have a pretty accurate picture... They spend a couple of thousand making the cars look brand new, then price them $6K-$10K higher..
It makes the cars (with admittedly low mileage) look like they've been meticulously cared for, but not always the case.. When I shop for a used car privately, I look for things like curbed wheels and other signs of owner neglect.. Let's just say they give the local wheel restoration shop a lot of business...

They do know their cars and their market.. but, I get a slightly slimy feeling... They do have their proponents, however.. this is just my opinion..
Sems to me it depends on their warranty/guaranty. Lots of old Bimmers have lots of milles left in them (like mine). If these folks can sell them at an appropriare price, good for them and good for the buyer.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 AM
MT = Doppler Shifting

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 (MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRail View Post
Sems to me it depends on their warranty/guaranty...
I've personally never come across anything in their vehicle listings or on their web site that mentions a warranty, either actual or implied. I concede that I could just be missing it, though...

For what they seem to tack onto the Blue Book value of the vehicles in their inventory, it probably should come with an extended warranty of some kind, though...

X3 w/6-speed & Sport Package:
A sports sedan disguised as an SUV...
Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 AM
That Guy

Mein Auto: 99' 540i M-Sport
Their right down the street from me.. I have to keep a towel in my car to sop up the drool when I drive by. lol The car's in person are immaculate, I've stopped several times, but yes you pay out the @$$.

1985 335i
Black on Black coupe 5spd
R.I.P

1979 Trans Am 10th Anniversary
#16 of 5,683 made

KOI Import Parts-- 513-771-7777
Old 11-02-2013, 12:47 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 335i
Seems like they are involved in some sort of COMMERCE. God forbid anyone in the auto industry perform a service and make some money. I'm looking for an M5, which are not easy to locate, and it sounds to me based on posts on this and other forums, they provide a good service, and stand behind what they sell. After all, they are used cars, and I'd guess that you could offer to pay less than what they are listing the cars for. If anyone else has any recommendations about finding a nice e39 m5, i'd love to hear it.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Retired Official Welcomer

Mein Auto: 2007 550i, 2002 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5king View Post
Seems like they are involved in some sort of COMMERCE. God forbid anyone in the auto industry perform a service and make some money. I'm looking for an M5, which are not easy to locate, and it sounds to me based on posts on this and other forums, they provide a good service, and stand behind what they sell. After all, they are used cars, and I'd guess that you could offer to pay less than what they are listing the cars for. If anyone else has any recommendations about finding a nice e39 m5, i'd love to hear it.
www.m5board.com Classified section or the BMW Roundel magazine classifieds.
ED pick-up 9/17/2014 2015 Yas Marina Blue M4~Black full Merino leather~Executive Package~Drivers Assistance Plus~Lighting Package~Adaptive M Suspension~19" Black Light-Alloy Style 437 wheels~Carbon Fiber trim~HK audio systems~6MT

Greta is for SALE. 2002 M5
Old 04-01-2014, 04:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to greekzilla
Mein Auto: 08 E91; 05 R53
http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?i...1#.UztE_Vea9RU

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-Sedan..._qi=RTM1562571

Same car...check the VIN...a wee bit of a markup....
Old 04-02-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekzilla View Post
$10-12k seems to be the typical markup at EAG.

I don't really see the problem, it's supply and demand. They're obviously catering to BMW fans with lots of money and not the time or patience to find cars in cheaper ways.

Curious if they negotiate much though.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:16 PM
#KeepFightingMichael

Mein Auto: '04 330Ci
My dad was looking for a Z4 M Coupe (still is) and when we found a nice local one about a year ago for about 27k, we went to the dealer who "sold it to some dealer in Ohio yesterday." Sure enough, it was on Enthusiast Auto within a week for like 36 grand. I hate how they take all the good deals off the market and mark them up 10k. I would really like to go visit them someday though (I'd have to bring a drool bucket with. )
Old 06-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Wil

Mein Auto: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekzilla View Post
They are performing the same maintenance my BMW tech does on my cars for half the price and then rack up the prices.

I need to win the lottery so I can buy a car from them and not have to worry about the big profit they make.

Last edited by Wilson; 06-02-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:26 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ZLTFUL
Mein Auto: 2008 535xi
I have a couple of friends who have bought from them before. According to them, the EAG purchasing experience is better than any dealerships they have dealt with before (long time BMW guys, these).

Like any dealer, they are going to list a vehicle for the most they think they are going to be able to sell it for. They are then going to listen to offers and go from there.

I am not defending them by any means but they are in business to make money. If you don't like their asking price, make them an offer. Worst anyone can say is "no". And it isn't like you are out anything for taking the time to ask.

Just my dos pesos...but then I am also the son of a used luxury car dealer so...hehe
Old 06-11-2014, 05:48 PM

Mein Auto: 95 s14
Not to change the subject from EAG but is HAMPTONEXOTICS the EAG of NY?
Old 08-22-2014, 01:06 AM
#KeepFightingMichael

Mein Auto: '04 330Ci
I finally found the time to drive from Chicago to Cincinnati last week to visit them and I must say I was very impressed. The amount of mint condition BMWs they have is mind boggling. The owner, Eric, told me they only buy the finest BMWs with the smallest of flaws (if any at all) and then spend the money to make them absolutely spotless.

That place is a BMW lover's paradise. My tongue was hanging out the entire time I was there.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app