Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Avanes_G_545
Mein Auto: 545i and 650i
Used 2010 750i Xdrive should I get it?

Hey guys my 545 was destroyed by Sandy so I'm trying to get a new bimmer.
I just recently found a used 2010 750i Xdrive for sale they guy wants 31k for it. Car has around 100k miles. And and perfect condition. What u guys think about this?
Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Sejanus

Mein Auto: From BMWs to Porsches
As Indiana Jones once said, "it's not the years, it's the mileage" and that seems to be a lot of miles for such a relatively young car...I would say perhaps 65K-70K more miles than what could be reasonably expected. Warranty is certainly gone and, based on the miles, I would expect some major service is in order. Pass...

"You think that's air you're breathing now?"
-Morpheus
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslierc View Post
As Indiana Jones once said, "it's not the years, it's the mileage" and that seems to be a lot of miles for such a relatively young car...I would say perhaps 65K-70K more miles than what could be reasonably expected. Warranty is certainly gone and, based on the miles, I would expect some major service is in order. Pass...
x2 What Leslie said, thats a lot of miles. If it were a Honda Accord, thats nothing to sneeze at, but you're not in the market for a kenmore with 4 wheels.

I cant imagine putting nearly 50k miles on a year (could be less if it was a late '09). Thats nuts, at that point it would have been better to get a 335d.

My guess it was a livery vehicle, or part of a higher-end company fleet for that much mileage to accrue so quickly.

With BMWs ridiculous 15k mile oil changes, I'd pull that thing apart and see how much (if any) damage has been done with so infrequent oil changes.

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.

Last edited by ChrisF01; 12-04-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Avanes_G_545
Mein Auto: 545i and 650i
Yes auto check says that this car in fact in a fleet or rental. I think this car was a company car for some 1 special. Who was driven in this car for a long time and for long trips. So basicly it's all high way miles on the car.
Ohh man the price is right there I can get it for like 30 flat that probably the best I can come up with. Xdrive is wat makes me want to get this car so bad. Cuz Iive in NYC and the whether out here is unpredictable.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i M-Sport
I hate to be blunt but if your budget is 30k you probably cannot reasonably afford the maintenance this car is going to need at 100k miles.

With that being said, if you are dead set on getting a F01-F02 and 30k is your budget the only way that will happen is to get one with this much mileage.

One last thing....keep in mind a fleet car is more than likely the worse maintained car you can ever find.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagoo98 View Post
I hate to be blunt but if your budget is 30k you probably cannot reasonably afford the maintenance this car is going to need at 100k miles.

With that being said, if you are dead set on getting a F01-F02 and 30k is your budget the only way that will happen is to get one with this much mileage.

One last thing....keep in mind a fleet car is more than likely the worse maintained car you can ever find.
I disagree with the comment about a fleet car being the worse maintained car you can ever find. This depends purely on the company, or "fleet" it was in. For most companies that have a fleet of cars, a break down for an employee costs much more money, than it does to keep the cars maintained and in good working condition. Not to mention most drivers of these vehicles know anything that needs to be done to the vehicle is on someone else's dime.

The maintenance of a car depends solely on the owner's personality of taking car of a vehicle. You'll find poorly maintained and over maintained vehicles anywhere. For instance, don't by a car from my dad, EVER. He's 65, a well paid physician that can afford the money to keep up his vehicle, but he hasn't changed the oil in his X5 in over 18,000 miles. He only drives on the highway. Car is always clean. You'd never know it til you ask.

Me, I'm the complete opposite.
2008 F250 King Ranch Diesel

Past Vehicles:
2008 M6 Conv
2008 S65 AMG
2009 Lexus LX570
2007 X5 4.8
2008 RR SC
2003 M3 Conv; totalled

Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLLC View Post
I disagree with the comment about a fleet car being the worse maintained car you can ever find. This depends purely on the company, or "fleet" it was in. For most companies that have a fleet of cars, a break down for an employee costs much more money, than it does to keep the cars maintained and in good working condition. Not to mention most drivers of these vehicles know anything that needs to be done to the vehicle is on someone else's dime.

The maintenance of a car depends solely on the owner's personality of taking car of a vehicle. You'll find poorly maintained and over maintained vehicles anywhere. For instance, don't by a car from my dad, EVER. He's 65, a well paid physician that can afford the money to keep up his vehicle, but he hasn't changed the oil in his X5 in over 18,000 miles. He only drives on the highway. Car is always clean. You'd never know it til you ask.

Me, I'm the complete opposite.
You make some good points but what I was really trying convey is that fleet cars aren't exactly loved by their owners. I would liken there maintenance schedule to the one your father seems to be following. There is a much bigger difference between someone who loves and takes care of their car, like bimmerfest members, and someone who puts the cheapest oil, cheapest brakes on their car, and the cheapest car washes because it will work.

I riden in plenty of taxis that will take you safely to your destination no matter how far it is but I definitely wouldn't purchase one because just riding in it lets you know it isn't maintained the way they should be.