Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:06 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 630i
A few questions Re. Ext/Int Lighting

Hi guys

Could anyone be so kind as to answer a few questions I have, I would be very grateful.
2005 630i

Int. Lighting

Does interior LED lighting look good?

Is it a mod or can it be done through the dealer with a genuine BMW part?

Ext. Lighting

What are angel eyes? and are they different from the halogen rings I have currently on the car?

Are angel eyes LED and are there different kinds/strength?

Are angel eyes used to replace the xenon light bulb as a headlight? Or are they intended to work together ?

And Finally are angel eyes a mod? Or can they be fitted through the dealer with a genuine BMW Part?

Thank you very much in advance

Much appreciated

Greg
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 650i LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregroche04 View Post
Hi guys

Could anyone be so kind as to answer a few questions I have, I would be very grateful.
2005 630i

Int. Lighting

Does interior LED lighting look good?

Is it a mod or can it be done through the dealer with a genuine BMW part?

Ext. Lighting

What are angel eyes? and are they different from the halogen rings I have currently on the car?

Are angel eyes LED and are there different kinds/strength?

Are angel eyes used to replace the xenon light bulb as a headlight? Or are they intended to work together ?

And Finally are angel eyes a mod? Or can they be fitted through the dealer with a genuine BMW Part?

Thank you very much in advance

Much appreciated

Greg
LED interior lighting is a personal preference. Depends if you want the soft yellowish lighting the car comes with stock or the brighter cool white that the LED light gives. Im in the midst of Switching to LED. So far just do e the license plate lights, but the interior is next

Angel eyes and the halo rings are the same thing. Again with this, the stock angel eyes Are dimmer and more yellow. The LED's are brighter and more white.
I personally like the LED look. Especially with the HID bulbs beside it. LED Matches the HID more then the stock.

Hardly none of these mods are provided as genuine oem part. Mostly aftermarket brands. From the cheaper Chinese version to more expensive ones, this depends on your budget nd preference.

2008 BMW 650i Convertible- LCI.
- ACS style rear spoiler
-Eisenmann Race Exhaust, resonators removed, Magnaflow X pipe.
- LED Angel eyes, plate light and interior package
- Tinted Windows- Charcoal 20%
- Stock 19" summer wheels & 18" M6 Winter wheels

Last edited by greco2000; 12-02-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:47 AM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by greco2000 View Post
LED interior lighting is a personal preference. Depends if you want the soft yellowish lighting the car comes with stock or the brighter cool white that the LED light gives. Im in the midst of Switching to LED. So far just do e the license plate lights, but the interior is next

Angel eyes and the halo rings are the same thing. Again with this, the stock angel eyes Are dimmer and more yellow. The LED's are brighter and more white.
I personally like the LED look. Especially with the HID bulbs beside it. LED Matches the HID more then the stock.

Hardly none of these mods are provided as genuine oem part. Mostly aftermarket brands. From the cheaper Chinese version to more expensive ones, this depends on your budget nd preference.
+1. i would recommend MTEC angel eyes for the highest quality and output. but LED's are definitely brighter than stock.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
Also you may want to check this thread out on the interior light solutions as well. We discuss this a while ago in depth.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=636224

Previous Cars:
2008 650 Convertible 6 speed manual
2004 645 Convertible 6 speed manual
1994 540 6 speed manual