Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrees View Post
Btw this sounds like a commercial.
This is the most recent variation of marketing occurring on the internet. An initial poster with low post numbers touts a product (Warranty in this case) and is often compensated based on how many people he gets routed through that pathway (notice he asked prospective 'clients" to make CERTAIN they reference him). It's not to get any specific discount but rather is so that the seller's know where the lead comes from. The one thing I found a bit "odd" was the name of the warranty company, carHEX (Who the heck?), not CarCheck (which is a known entity). In some "extreme" cases, there is no business AT ALL but rather it can be a scam. If you DO end up buying anything from ANYONE via an online reference like this, ensure that you pay with a credit card so that you have some recourse. NEVER, EVER pay one of these via Western Union. I can guarantee that a company is a scam if the ONLY accept WU. You HAVE to ask yourself... "Why would someone create a thread title that is almost an advertisement in and of itself?" Is he simply trying to boast or is he actually trying to sell something? You can usually tell in a few post if it's just testosterone because they seldom ask for references and don't apply (artificial) pressures like "must buy today or must buy quickly to get the Black Friday discount..."

The thread naturally pulls in more "respected" forum users with many post who may mis-read the original (name in this case) and could (unintentionally) appear to "stand up" for the original posters cause/company.

PS - I don't know the OP from Adam but one of my professional roles is identifying things like this on forums like these for businesses. As with anything, you HAVE to due your due diligence.

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)

Last edited by ndabunka; 12-05-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
Hmmm, I can so see that, I see what you mean about the name. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 750 LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd750Li View Post
Alan: could you please verify who is the true extended warranty company for your policy? If I understood it correctly, Carchex is just a broker who acts as a middle man to sell your extended warranty through companies such as Enterprise Financial Group.

Two other questions: what was the "wait period" on your contract if you don't mind sharing that information? Did they ask you to do an initial inspection or diagnosis?

Thanks in advance!
Yeah the company is "enterprise financial group" , and they gave me a "1 month" waiting period, no "1000 miles" bc I don't drive my car much. And no, no initial diagnosis or inspection
Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 750 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captpola View Post
Yeah the company is "enterprise financial group" , and they gave me a "1 month" waiting period, no "1000 miles" bc I don't drive my car much. And no, no initial diagnosis or inspection
I also bought a warranty through carchex, underwritten by Enterprise financial group. Had th 30 day waiting period. I bought mine at the end of last december, and my trans went out in march or april. They replaced it at the dealer with no hassle. My service writer said they were pretty easy to deal wtih, they even agreed to use a BMW reman trans, which had a year longer warranty (my service manager had to come down on the price a bit, but still...)

Bottom line is Ive been happy with them; it more than paid for itself in the first 5 months. They also usually have some room to negotiate, fwiw. You have to ask and push a little. I dont think there is any "magic" to using a certain rep...the all have leeway. I got a discount on the price plus they waived all financing fees, so I used their money and did installment payments with no penalties, fees, or interest. Made it easier.

Also, so you guys know a few things too...1) they use a service that monitors boards, etc. When I made my post about the way they treated me with my trans issue they contacted me and asked if I sould do a testimonial video. They knew about it within a day or two. (I may do the video, because I was honestly really impressed with the service)

Also, the reason people post to "call their guy" (including myself when there havebeen other threads about this) is because they offer a referral fee if you send any business to them/"your guy". Ive posted the contact info of the guy I dealt with previously because he was really good to deal with/very patient, etc. AFAIK, nobody ever called him and used my name....but now you know why people (myself included sometimes) push "their guy" so hard...

So theres the truth. Bottom line is i am still very happy with Carchex...
Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 760Li
Has anyone managed to get a warranty on a 760? The only one I've ever been offered was 1 year/ 12,000 mile coverage for about $6,000. I haven't found anybody else who will touch a v12.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 3.0
I'm getting sticker shock over some of the increases in extended warranty quotes I'm seeing versus a few months ago. In September I helped my gf buy a 2008 528xi that just came out of warranty. It has 45000 miles on it. At the time, we were given a quote by Sean at Autowarranty agency for $2495 for platinum coverage/4 year/100K. I sat on it and didn't get back to it until today.

His agency doesn't deal with the warranty provider any more. He was able to quote me $2980 for a plan through ASC that does not include the navigation system. They will pay the mechanic direct though, which is a plus.

I got an online quote from AutoPom for a whopping $4589 for 48 months/85K!!! After reading favorable things on this agency and how competitive they are, I was a little taken aback by this quote.

Daniel at Pacific BMW is working on a quote for me from Zurich.

Would love to hear any other suggestions. It seems that the prices have gone up in the last few months.