Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Fiddling with a good thing

I have officially had my car back for almost two weeks. It was the longest 7 weeks ever after doing ED at the end of September and dropping my car off in Paris on Oct. 3.

The car really misses the autobahn but I give her a couple moments of freedom a day if possible

And no tickets for that so thats a good thing.

I have, however, added a couple things because in SoCal BMWs are everywhere and I wanted a ride that was a little more unique.

BMW M Performance Grills added
IND color matched reflectors added for the front.
Llumar tint added to everything but the windshield. (35%/20%/15%)
Brake Calipers painted red
20x8.5 and 20x10 Koko Kuture Lindos wheels
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires
H&R Sport Springs

So I read lots of discussions about the optimal wheel and tire size for the BMW and how 20s were a horrible idea and do not help the car in any way, etc. Well I am here to tell you that it may just be the switch to the Hankook tires, but the car is literally glued to the road now. Not only do I have a smoother daily commute than I did with the smaller RFTs, but when taking turns I can feel the increased road control. Absolutely love it. I did not think I would notice that big of a difference and the way people talked I was worried I was going to regret my decision to go big with the wheels. That was not the case. It is incredible!

However, the H&R Sport Springs on the ZDH package was the most satisfying add-on. Any body roll I felt before is gone completely, yet my daily drive is just as smooth and luxurious as ever. And above all else that nasty wheel well gap is gone.

I know this board tends to not be much for the modded cars, but I have had a vision for a white/black/red themed car for many years and this was my chance to finally do it. Once the M Performance stripes are added I will get out and do a proper photoshoot with it, but until then here are two crappy iphone 4s pictures.

In regards to the ASS. It used to really bother me because everytime it shut off or started again it was a really abrupt shake of the car. Now, it is almost perfectly smooth both directions. Completely unobtrusive and I havent had any of the "stall" problems.

Wish emails and texts worked better in the system but since I dont know if I am going to upgrade to the iphone5 or not in the next year, I have decided against buying the snap-in adapter for now.

I got almost 24 miles a gallon on my first full tank over the break-in period. Some stop and go highway, some city and some full speed highway. Either way it was 350 miles on the tank. Not too shabby.

Performance is insane. I had a small window to pass a semi on the right due to idiots in the fast lane (in SOCAL it seems the "slow lane" just happens to be the left lane. I cant tell you how many times people have moved over to the far left despite NOBODY being in the middle or right lanes. So passing on the right. yeah.

So I get behind this semi and gun it as I move to the right. I was doing 60 at that point. By the time I moved over in front of the semi i was doing 96. Wowzers.

So yes, love car, and literally have NO complaints.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	after335.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	352172   Click image for larger version

Name:	side335.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	352173  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 PM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
What changed ASS for you? Is it just your opinion of it, or did you have something done?
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Old 12-06-2012, 02:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M sport
How about a trunk lip?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
What changed ASS for you? Is it just your opinion of it, or did you have something done?
The only thing I can think is the break-in period is over. It is night and day different in the last 3-4 days. I haven't touched any of the guts of the car but I think the car might just get better with it over time. Either way I definitely am gonna leave it as is for now.

As soon as I can get the non-carbon trunk spoiler from m performance parts it will go on as well
Old 12-07-2012, 06:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Beautiful car Good luck.
IMO the black wheels and red calipers take away the beauty. Any way to each his own. Again good luck, enjoy.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 12-07-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
Beautiful car Good luck.
IMO the black wheels and red calipers take away the beauty. Any way to each his own. Again good luck, enjoy.
cheers
vern
I totally get that. Same as some Harley owners chrome out their bike within an inch of its life and my victory was blacked out everywhere. Anything that could have been chromed I powder coated black.

That is the great thing about this car. It can be a luxury liner. It can be a tuner. It can be a regular old sedan and it can be a track car. It depends on the bobs and bits.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Love the new sig!

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 12-10-2012, 01:28 PM

Thanks

When I get my good equipment out and do a proper shoot I will get some better pics instead of the grainy iphone 4s night shot