Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Verbals

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW 745i
No Sound!! WTF!

Let me start from the top. Upon entering the vehicle, I should hear sounds/alerts from the car because I currently have the tri-fecta of lights (DSC/ABS/Park Brake) .... Nothing! No warning chimes whatsoever (seatbelt, etc.). Of course, I have no radio either. FM, AM, WB & Memory are all still lit white, but CD & CD changer are greyed out. I knew about the CD changer because I bought the car without a magazine. So, basically the change is now that "CD" is faded out. The unit still accepts & ejects CDs but no function can be clicked on to operate except Memory. Bass/Treble, Fader/Balance & Logic 7 are all still lit white but I can't access any of them. All this began after taking receipt of the car after a detail. I am currently seeking options to have them accept blame but that's neither here nor there. I have NO MUSIC!!! I need this solved like yesterday. My question is ... Is it definitely my L7 amp or could it be the ASK unit. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a $599 "Buy It Now" L7 amp on eBay but I wanna be sure. From all the behaviors that I've listed .... can anyone tell me what the culprit is for sure? I'm not the most handy & attempted to pull the clips out of the trunk liner yesterday but I felt that I was breaking them so I stopped short. I just need my music back so I can maintain sanity while I focus on the tri-fecta of warning lights. (Most likely my DSC module). Please help fellas!! Thanx in advance!
Ads by Google
Old 12-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
Its going to be hard, could be the ASK since the L7 is located off to the left side. Could be the MOST as well. Did you get the car tinted?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Verbals

@samadkins29 ... Nope. No tint.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Verbals

What do you mean by the MOST? The whole system?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbals View Post
What do you mean by the MOST? The whole system?
MOST is the fiber optic loop that connects all the electronics. The method that usually helps some people is resetting it by unplugging it for a few minutes. It is located in the glove box on the flap that covers the fuse panel.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 PM

Ok I am having the same problem today. I had my windows tinted. I have felt all around the electronics and they all feel dry. He did say the battery seemed low when he was working. He left the swith on so he could roll the windows up and down but it started fine. I now have the same problem. [B]When I do the reset should the vehicle be running or not? I unplugged the loop and there is a red light visible when the cd player is on. I also disconnected the voice unit and there is a red light visible there also. Could it be possible that the battery is still low? I unhooked the battery for an hour also, no change. I am going to go to BMW and buy a loop lollipop so I can check further.

Thanks,
Daren
Old 12-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren12 View Post
Ok I am having the same problem today. I had my windows tinted. I have felt all around the electronics and they all feel dry. He did say the battery seemed low when he was working. He left the swith on so he could roll the windows up and down but it started fine. I now have the same problem. [B]When I do the reset should the vehicle be running or not? I unplugged the loop and there is a red light visible when the cd player is on. I also disconnected the voice unit and there is a red light visible there also. Could it be possible that the battery is still low? I unhooked the battery for an hour also, no change. I am going to go to BMW and buy a loop lollipop so I can check further.

Thanks,
Daren
Could be your L7 or navi or voice module. Try bypassing one by one