Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Everglades 243
Good luck in finding a 535i loaded at 80k, most 5 series vehicles already on a lot over 70k are the 550i models.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
What sort of packages do these 535s have? When I price out "my" 535 I'm at nearly $80K, because I want nearly every option. What can one expect a deal, taking into account what's going on right now, to look like on an $80K 535? Would it be something crazy like less than $800/m?
$80k 535? wow, you're crazy.

these deals are for in stock cars only. you're not going to find that beast on a lot anywhere.

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 PM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
What sort of packages do these 535s have? When I price out "my" 535 I'm at nearly $80K, because I want nearly every option. What can one expect a deal, taking into account what's going on right now, to look like on an $80K 535? Would it be something crazy like less than $800/m?
Check bmwconfig.com for invoice price. Add $500 for profit then subtract incentives. That should be your selling price.

So invoice +500 - incentives = sales price.

But its true, the super deal is only for in stock cars.

Last edited by miamiboyca; 12-07-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Day dreamer

Mein Auto: DSB 13 535 DSB 14 Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Check bmwconfig.com for invoice price. Add $500 for profit then subtract incentives. That should be your selling price.

So invoice +500 - incentives = sales price.

But its true, the super deal is only for in stock cars.
I think the invoice + 500 only apply in LA area (and even that depend on whether the car is in demand. e.g. M5 is a no no at this point. 535 may be.). In other area, we are at the mercy of the local supply and demand. If you are in a town with only one dealership, it is hard to bargain. The best way is to shop around all your local BMW dealers and then contact one of the forum dealer in LA area. After you get all the information deternube if the saving is worth flying out to LA and pick up the car. I live in N. California with quite a few dealers of all kind around us but we still cannot touch LA area pricing. Competition is our friend. More competition means lower price. Less competition means higher price.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xofruitcake View Post
I think the invoice + 500 only apply in LA area (and even that depend on whether the car is in demand. e.g. M5 is a no no at this point. 535 may be.). In other area, we are at the mercy of the local supply and demand. If you are in a town with only one dealership, it is hard to bargain. The best way is to shop around all your local BMW dealers and then contact one of the forum dealer in LA area. After you get all the information deternube if the saving is worth flying out to LA and pick up the car. I live in N. California with quite a few dealers of all kind around us but we still cannot touch LA area pricing. Competition is our friend. More competition means lower price. Less competition means higher price.
Notice my name - I grew up in Miami, lived in CA, and now I am in Texas. I purchased for a California dealer. Nothing says you have to buy local. As a matter of fact...

After shopping my local dealer and getting a laughable quote compared to a sponsor I told him I was going with my guy in CA. My local dealer sent me an email asking why I did not support my local dealer, to which I simply told him...

Someone is selling the EXACT same product as you, at a much better price than you, and responds faster than you - why should I get it from you.

He responded "point taken" ... LOL
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Greg Poland Pacific BMW

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 3.5 M sport
All I can say is Chris Cheung... Well said...Regarding to his postings on this thread.

Greg Poland
Pacific BMW
800 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204
818 254 1491
www.PacificBMW.com
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com
Euro delivery, PC delivery, Out of state-new and used car sales
Hours:T-F 1-8 PM,Sat 1 to 8pm, off Sun and Mon.

Current rides: 2013 X5 msport and 2013 535i
15% over wholesale/invoice for all accessories! and free shipping for Bimmerfest members!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEK7hG-3fyA
Old 12-08-2012, 12:51 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535d
Isn't there a mid cycle refresh coming to the 5 next spring?

Current
2014 535d, M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha Nappa
Prior
2007 530i, White/Black, 6MT
2001 530i, Orient Blue/Beige, 5MT
1994 325is, White/Black 5MT
1984 325e, White/Black 5MT
1983 318i, Delphin/Beige 4MT
Old 12-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Day dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
Isn't there a mid cycle refresh coming to the 5 next spring?
I think the electronic cluster including Nav will change similar to the new one in 7 series now and the 550 engine will have more horsepower and torque in 14 model. Mercedes look like is going to refresh E class in 14 model year. So it will be interesting year for competition in this segment.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Day dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Notice my name - I grew up in Miami, lived in CA, and now I am in Texas. I purchased for a California dealer. Nothing says you have to buy local. As a matter of fact...

After shopping my local dealer and getting a laughable quote compared to a sponsor I told him I was going with my guy in CA. My local dealer sent me an email asking why I did not support my local dealer, to which I simply told him...

Someone is selling the EXACT same product as you, at a much better price than you, and responds faster than you - why should I get it from you.

He responded "point taken" ... LOL
It is probably very clear to you how to get to 500+ invoice but it is not at all clear from your original post that one has to go to LA area to get that deal. Also, there is a cost of flying out to LA to pick up the car and/or have the car ship to the final destination. So the final cost is more than 500+ invoice. Sometimes it is worth to an individual for the saving and other time it is not. It is depend on the saving on a particular car and how much one value their time. Op should know this information as well..
Old 12-08-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xofruitcake View Post
It is probably very clear to you how to get to 500+ invoice but it is not at all clear from your original post that one has to go to LA area to get that deal. Also, there is a cost of flying out to LA to pick up the car and/or have the car ship to the final destination. So the final cost is more than 500+ invoice. Sometimes it is worth to an individual for the saving and other time it is not. It is depend on the saving on a particular car and how much one value their time. Op should know this information as well..
I didn't fly to LA, I did ED/PCD (see signature). I think it's clear the deals are available you just have to do a little work. With sponsors on the east and west coast should be no brainier. Also, just that knowledge could be used for leverage.

My local dealer was willing to "match" Greg Polands deal, to which I said no. Matching does not get you my business. Obviously OP can use that leverage and take a match. Btw with incentives, OP should be below invoice.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:11 AM
N54

Mein Auto: E60 535i M-sport
Agreed on being somewhat flexible when it comes to any time-limited incentives on in-stock models that will cause inventory to rapidly disappear. However, I'd also suggest buyers think seriously if any options (or lack thereof) would make them regret this decision later.

When Mercedes had their own version of 'lease deal of the year' I was being flexible on everything except two things: Premium II Package at least, and not black for a daily driver. With PII not always common on lots and inventory dwindling, this proved challenging. I almost caved but ultimately found almost exactly what I wanted.

I sometimes wonder if/how much I would have regretted settling on (the lack of) two important features.