Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:46 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
modbargains.com experience

I purchased my BMS JB from them back in the spring, as BMS didnt have theirs available for purchase on the website yet. After ordering, it took 4 days to authorize the transaction and then to ship, with a few days for delivery. Although i didnt like that the shipping charge was not part of the purchasing price, and is tacked on silently during authorization, I was fairly happy with the process. I didnt pay for expedited shipping so I didnt expect much.

I decided to take advantage of their cyber monday sale and purchase another product for the F30. This time, authorization was next day unlike my previous purchase, but shipping charge was still not included in final price. It then has taken 9 days for the product to be shipped, and another 4 days for delivery, for over 2 business weeks of lead time on a product built in the USA!

I am very displeased with the timetable on this order. 9 days from authorization to shipment is way too long. Anyone else have this issue with modbargains??

(Note: By no means am I trying to flame this company or post negative feedback. just wanted to share my experience and see if others have had the same issue. constructive criticism?)
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

That is unacceptable.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerswld34 View Post
I purchased my BMS JB from them back in the spring, as BMS didnt have theirs available for purchase on the website yet. After ordering, it took 4 days to authorize the transaction and then to ship, with a few days for delivery. Although i didnt like that the shipping charge was not part of the purchasing price, and is tacked on silently during authorization, I was fairly happy with the process. I didnt pay for expedited shipping so I didnt expect much.

I decided to take advantage of their cyber monday sale and purchase another product for the F30. This time, authorization was next day unlike my previous purchase, but shipping charge was still not included in final price. It then has taken 9 days for the product to be shipped, and another 4 days for delivery, for over 2 business weeks of lead time on a product built in the USA!

I am very displeased with the timetable on this order. 9 days from authorization to shipment is way too long. Anyone else have this issue with modbargains??

(Note: By no means am I trying to flame this company or post negative feedback. just wanted to share my experience and see if others have had the same issue. constructive criticism?)
My guess is they are a small shop and got a little overwhelmed with their black friday/cyber monday deals.

And remember unless they specifically specified a ship by date, there is nothing wrong with something taking up to 10 business days to ship. We have gotten spoiled in the world of Amazon, but the fact is they shipped what you wanted and clearly had it at a good price. The only time I get upset with a two week time schedule is when the site clearly states will ship in 24/48 hours.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 PM

Mein Auto: F30 Sport Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerswld34 View Post

Same thing happened to me. I ordered on Cyber Monday and my package is scheduled to arrive tomorrow (8 DEC). The shipment was held for 8 days until I called to ask. There was some confusion over the actual amount of the discount, as they were working with the supplier on a lower cost. Once I talked to them, they got everything sorted and shipped the same day.

I'm certain they were doing their best to maximize my discount, and they even went with Saturday delivery to get it here quicker since it had been on hold for a week. I'm pleased even though I had to get more involved in the process than one would expect.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i
I am not defending them but as someone who owns a few websites some of which are retail. I can say its very hard to compete with Amazon and other online retail Giants. They seem like a good company but you have to remember 99% of the items they sell are from China which means a lot of problems arise. Shipping delays, customs, price changes, and distributor mixups. It's not as easy as to just refund everyones money with todays razor thin margins I am surprised they are still able to sell at there super low prices.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Ya I can't disagree that online retailer have their work cut out to compete with the response times of giants like amazon. However, I don't expect that type of turn around from the smaller shops. An adequate lead time to shipment is fine with me, or at least shoot me an email letting me know why the long delay. Neither happened from this site, on either purchasing occasion (although the first wasn't terribly long).

My package was supposed to arrive today (12 days from purchase) but is now slated to arrive next Tuesday. I'm pretty disappointed because had I known it would be this long I would've paid the extra money for expedited shipping (although it still wouldve been almost 2 weeks before delivery). But since the website doesn't factor that in before purchase, I defaulted to the standard ground.

All in all, I'm just irritated that I saved a few bucks over some competitor pricing but had to wait over 2 weeks for the item. Next time ill try a different vendor in hopes they function a bit more efficiently.

Last edited by Jokerswld34; 12-08-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: BMW F10 535xi m sport
I am very surprised. I have done a lot of business with them and never had a problem. Call and talk to a manager. They have always been very fair to there customers in my experience.