Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i 5spd Manual
Headliner & Pillar trim in progress

Finally made my way to the headliner shop this morning. I pulled the A, C and rear deck out. I watched/helped him pull the B pillars and headliner. Left all the parts there, the material in house was close, but Monday he'll match it better. 3/16" foam generic headliner material. The sunroof was a PITA. He just put it in there for "good enough until Monday" and it's a bit low in the rear and leaks a bit. I took advantage of the construction time to do the exterior paint work. Am I getting the correct material? 3/16" I know they make a 1/8" product, more like the thin OEM material. I don't see anything thinner than 1/8".

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.
Ads by Google
Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Well got the headliner, A & B pillars put in yesterday. Look awsome. The rear deck looks great. I held offinstalling it and the C pillars until I'm sure or not on replacing the speakers. that's a lot of work and I already have everything apart. They look good and sound like...well stock speakers. So I'm probably going to just put everything back together this weekend but I want to think about it. $400, not bad. I'm very happy with it. Ended up with 1/8" Thick material.

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:37 AM

Update. Decided not to replace the rear factory speakers. They work, no damage etc... leave it alone. I put it all back togeter yesterday and shampoo'd and detailed the interior when done.... OMG. My car is near perfect inside minus some seat wear. What a difference the A, B, C pillars, rear deck and headliner make! Took the car from feeling junky to like new.

Hats off to Tampa Top on Nebraska Ave in Tampa. Scott did a great job, great pricing and let me work with him on the assembly and let me disasemble the rear deck to save some cash. Nothing but Kudos.