Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
great thread here enjoyed reading this

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App
Old 12-09-2012, 02:47 AM

Mein Auto: 335i F30 M-Sport
It's amazing the dealers can't get past the corporate mandate and order a single car or two that have us in mind. They would sell. I have scoured the west coast back and forth for various whims that would draw me in, checkbook in hand - only to be met with model after model configured for the lowest common denominator. Painful.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:52 AM

Mein Auto: 335i F30 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Vil View Post
I help configure our stock order every month. It is definitely a process; I really try to configure stock units like the cars that we're selling day in and day out....

Sport auto is a RARELY selected option on custom orders; why would I add $500 to an in stock car?

OTOH - I put ZLP (xenons) on a large portion of our cars.

Happy to answer any other questions.

As to accessories; our store doesn't do much - I tend to do port installed black grilles on ZSL and ZMP/ZMM cars.
I wont assume your orders match what I see here in Souther California. But here, with this guilty abundance of dealers, it is car after car on the lot that do nothing to inspire.

I get (with regret) perhaps the 6MT being special order. But seeing model after model with one option, always the black interior, etc. - isn't there room for one single inventory unit that is interesting, that has an extra option, an exciting interior, etc.??

Why take the risk when they sell without I suppose. But waiting on my South Africa build 335 to crawl the the US, I promise, I'd leap at anything close to what I ordered but in stock.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 AM

Mein Auto: 328xi M, Range Rover, 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
Xenons are only for people who actually know how superior they are at night. I could just hear a ton of people say, headlights are headlights, why do I have to pay extra for headlights?

The biggest eye-opener on the non-enthusiast ownership of BMWs came when my sister in law leased one. She leased a badge only. Heck, I was coming back from tennis with my brother in law when she called. She locked herself in the car and couldn't get out. She was frantic, the door pull was not working. So, what happened said he, I pushed the lock button on the remote by mistake, and now I can't get out. Well push it again. She did, and got out.

I could easily hear her whine about why she would have to pay for headlights.
Yeaaaah, you might just wanna go ahead and disown her

2013 550 xi Msport
2005 Range Rover HSE Grey/Grey
2009 MB C 300 4Matic
1997 Porsche 993 C4S Black/Black
2005 Jeep TJ
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: 12 BMW 535I MS Alpine Wht
It is just as bad with Lexus. My son wanted a GS 350 with HUD and Active Cruise Control. The only way to get these options is to special order the car. There are not any cars west of the Mississippi on any Lexus lot with those options. His car was ordered last month.

Mods - Quad Exhaust Tips, HID Fog Lights, Clear Front Reflectors, M5 Spoiler, Calipers Painted Black, 12.5 mm Rear Wheel Spacers, Tint - 5% Rear, 35% Front & 50% Windshield - BlackVue DR500GW Dash Cam, Blendmount for Valentine One

Coding by tuesday (aka; itschase) (Chase)
Old 12-09-2012, 08:29 AM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ish View Post
Yeaaaah, you might just wanna go ahead and disown her
I have tried, believe me, I have tried. Back during a gas cost run up two or so years ago, she started complaining about how much it cost to fill up the tank. Her husband, my wife's brother, told her, hey, you're not allowed to complain about gas prices while driving a BMW.

Fortunately, she leased an Acura this time, so at least she has been removed from BMW ownership.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.