Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > The Detail Department

The Detail Department
Detailing tips, tricks to keep your bimmer in showroom condition.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Dog Saliva stains

Any one find a good product to remove dog saliva stains from hard plastics like door panels ? I've tried warm soapy water , QD ect.. to no avail...
Thanks,
DL
Ads by Google
Old 12-01-2012, 02:27 AM

Mein Auto: Jaguar XKE
1z Plastic Cleaner (Plastik-Reiniger) - an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner that removes grime build-up, scuff marks, bitumen (tar) and nicotine thoroughly and effortlessly with dust-resistant anti-static action. Use to clean armrests, door handles, shift knobs, vinyl seats, pedals, dashboard, storage compartments, tires, rocker panels, wheel wells, and etc without harsh or abrasive cleaners. Water-based formula is biodegradable, silicone and formalin-free as well as environmentally friendly.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:32 AM
C code: 405/3

Mein Auto: 99 Z3 M Coupe
Good suggestion Togwt.
I'm giggling a bit because of a couple of things. The list of problems Plastik-Reiniger deals with should be amended to include dog saliva.

Years ago a buddy had a couple of St. Bernards. Great dogs, huge dogs. When he got dog slobber on his blue jeans it would take two washes to properly remove the stains.

So, I'm thinking you could modify the descriptor for 1z just a little bit to include: 'dog saliva, particularly St. Bernard dog slobber.'

Ok, ok, ok, I'm still giggling.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnz3mc View Post
Good suggestion Togwt.
I'm giggling a bit because of a couple of things. The list of problems Plastik-Reiniger deals with should be amended to include dog saliva.

Years ago a buddy had a couple of St. Bernards. Great dogs, huge dogs. When he got dog slobber on his blue jeans it would take two washes to properly remove the stains.

So, I'm thinking you could modify the descriptor for 1z just a little bit to include: 'dog saliva, particularly St. Bernard dog slobber.'

Well, I only have a Greyhound . Thanks for the suggestion. I'll place an order with Philip, for the Z1.

DL
Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 AM

Mein Auto: 04-645Ci, 06-750i
Quote:
Good suggestion Togwt.

Ok, I just had to respond to this one. I have been battling the St Bernard slobber issue for 3 years now. My 7 is the only car he can fit in (however, he did get in the Z4 once when the door was left open - what a sight that was) and he can make the back a complete mess.

The best thing I have found so far are:

Slobber on plastic - Aerospace Fabric Cleaner
Slobber on leather - Spot clean with Lexol
Slobber on paint - An AIO that contains a polish (have been using Zaino AIO as a spot cleaner just because I have it)

The real trick with all of these is to make sure you clean the slobber off first. Many times this means leaving a wet cloth over the spot to rehydrate the slobber. Without a through removal you are just spreading it around.

Good luck
Old 12-11-2012, 12:54 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi M, Range Rover, 911
Suuuuuuure it's "dog saliva" !!!!!!!!! lol

2013 550 xi Msport
2005 Range Rover HSE Grey/Grey
2009 MB C 300 4Matic
1997 Porsche 993 C4S Black/Black
2005 Jeep TJ
Old 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM
C code: 405/3

Mein Auto: 99 Z3 M Coupe
Karen1122,
Did you manage to snap a pic of the big boy in the Z4?
That'd be worthy wallpaper for the desktop.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM

Mein Auto: 04-645Ci, 06-750i
Quote:
Karen1122,
Did you manage to snap a pic of the big boy in the Z4?
That'd be worthy wallpaper for the desktop.
Unfortunately we did not get a picture as we were really taken back. Funny thing was he went in the drivers seat and the top was up!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:21 PM

Update

After trying Everything on the market and home remedy's that did nothing but make the stains shiny I Finally found a product today that actually CLEANED the leather !

The Foaming Wash was enough action to actually clean.Kudos to Mothers for a good product that works.

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06410.html

Regards,
DL
Old 03-14-2014, 09:19 PM

Mein Auto: 760Li
A solution I recommend is woolite and water, 1 part woolite, 6-10 parts water depending on how heavy duty you need the cleaning power to be. I'd start off with 8 parts water and see how it works out!
2010 Honda Accord Basque Red/Beige