Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008+)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008+)
The latest and greatest V8 powered M3!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 E92 M3
Strange Noises after 1200 Mile Service

Hi,

Just had my 1200 mile service done yesterday. Immediately after leaving the dealer I noticed the car 'felt' different. The intake / induction sound seems to be slightly lower pitched and resonates quite a bit more...almost feels a bit gritty now...more of a moan/groan than the nice harmonic-ish intake sound. Also, most concerning, is that during light throttle between about 2k-3k rpm there is a chattering / ticking that the engine is making...it almost feels as if something is loose in or around my engine and banging around.

Called the dealer and they will take a look tomorrow....I'm hoping this is not going to be an extended stay....anyone else have this happen?

2013 E92 M3
6 Speed
Mineral White
Fox Red
ZCP
ZPP
Enhanced Sound

Last edited by 808Grown; 12-12-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
before my 1200 mile i had a very noticeable whine in 7th gear between 3000-4000 rpm that went away with a flush of the fluids. as for your rattle at 2-3k rpms, i have that too, think some guys have it, some guys dont. god i love the s65. that rattle is not a big deal, in fact i think it may actually be vibration knocking around the vent on top of the hood (i believe the one that actually has a use, so as you face the car the vent on the right)

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual