Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 12-12-2012, 11:11 AM
HerrDoktorProfessor

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Trento in May

I have a conference in Trento Italy in mid-May and am thinking of making a family vacation out of it. I've never been to Trento but I know a lot of festers pass through there during their EDs.

For those that have been there, how many days is it worth? Is it a decent place to base a regional trip out of?

Any thoughts on where to stay, things to see in and around Trento are also welcome.

I'm thinking of flying either round trip-milan or doing an open-jaw inbound-milan outbound-Rome

Entertaining America Since 1975
European Delivery July 26th 2011
ED Video: https://vimeo.com/60051914
ED Trip Report:http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=557294

335d| Deep Sea Blue| Black/Aluminum | Stuff | Gadgets | More Stuff | Power Whatnots | Auto-Verbing Nouns
BMWCCA #448878
Ads by Google
Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via ICQ to tarf
Mein Auto: 2009 E90, 2008 RX350
There are a number of places to see that are not too far away. Lago di Garda and the towns around it such as Sirmione, Riva del Garda, etc, are great. Verona is not far away.
Bassano del Grappa, Vicenza and Brescia are a bit farther but are all nice to see. Venice is a bit farther but can be reached by train in 2.5 hours from Trento so it still can be done as a day trip. Milan is under 3 hours by train. Driving through the Dolimites toward Belluna is also a nice drive (lots and lots of hairpins) but making it the whole way and back in a day is asking a lot of the driver.

So there are a lot of things that are well worth seeing that are not too far away. Certainly, you could stay a week and not do all of the things that I have mentioned above.

Verona is closer to fly into but the extra connections may not be worth it.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
Poster above covered almost all of it.

I can only suggest you take SS12 straight south from Trento to Verona. It is an awesome drive. Plan on stopping in Riva Del Garda for a dinner on your way back.

Stop at Rovereto at some point. It's only 20-30 min south of Trento on A22 Autostrada and my wife loved that quaint little town. I have a very good friend living there so I visited that town at least 20 times. PM me if you want best restaurant in town suggestions - I'll ask my friend for both Trento and Rovereto.

If you want to eat best risotto money can buy, Isola Della Scala is your town, just a tad south from Verona. I mean it, it is worth a trip from Trento. It's in the heart of the area where most of Italian rice is grown, so you will be eating local stuff.

May is the perfect month to be in the area. Enjoy.

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .