Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i/335i
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianturner View Post
did not buy a car from him since I currently live on the East Coast but Greg helped me out tremendously with an order and issues with it. would definitely buy from him if I were in CA.
Just a reminder to all--Greg can also coordinate for a GREAT Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina. Thus, EVEN IF YOU LIVE FAR FROM SoCAL, you can still buy from Greg!

We've done two ED's with Greg and cannot speak of a better buying experience, ever. This was despite my "picky" nature and generally very high standards. Let me give you a perfect example of how Greg saved the day: Greg completely salvaged a deal that another dealer (South Bay) completely screwed up. South Bay BMW called me about 3 days before we left for Europe to advise me that I couldn't drive our new 335i in Europe but could only sign for it in Munich and then walk away! Unbelievable, but it happened (SB BMW stated, "If there's a paperwork problem, we'll be stuck with the car and we'll have to sell as used.") (After having repeated problems with South Bay earlier in the process, I should have RUN away from them months before we left for Europe.) Fortunately, a frantic call to Greg not only had him picking up our 335i purchase from South Bay, but he allowed us the use of our new 335i during our two weeks in Europe. It took A LOT of last-minute paperwork on his part, and he has our sincere appreciation for many, many years to come. He saved the day!

In closing, if you're anywhere near South Carolina, make an effort to buy your car through Greg Poland and just pick up your car at the PCD--that's worth another thread on its own as it's a great experience too!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:53 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
At the risk of being redundant and superfluous, another +Juan for Greg. I was going to start a new thread singing his praises, as he did a phenomenal deal for me, including a pull-ahead on my lease and a ridiculously good deal, but then I started reading this and a few other posts and realized the Power of Poland is more than urban myth, its true legend.

He stopped me from making a bad deal with a local dealer and saved me big bucks. I'm a serious cheapskate, and his initial offer was so good, I didn't even haggle, I just said yes, thank you.

Classy guy, man of his word, made an otherwise stressful transaction a piece of cake.

Much thanks to Greg, I'll be calling in another 33-36 months.

Cheers,
Joel
Old 11-25-2012, 09:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to jblackburn
Mein Auto: 330ci
Smile Another Awesome Experience with Greg!

I just got back from picking up a new X3 xDrive28i from Greg Poland at Pacific BMW. Greg was great to work with - from the deal, to the order process, to the pickup. It was the best car buying experience that I've ever had (by far). Greg always kept me updated of the status of the car - from getting me the production number, to the Vin, number and sending the mybmw links.

Originally, I planned to fly down to Burbank when the car came in, but it made it the dealership a couple weeks earlier than I expected. I'm up in the Bay Area and spent Thanksgiving in San Luis Obispo with family. My brother and I drove down to Glendale on Friday afternoon and picked up the car. Greg showed me the original deal we made back in October, said the Holiday cash deal was better, and updated everything. I went into the finance department with no surprises and walked out with keys to a Carbon Black X3.

I got a quick overview of the car with Jin - she was great. Got the phone hooked up and went over navigation. Since we had a 3 hour drive back and it is my 2nd X3 the quick overview was perfect.

If you are anywhere in California (or thinking PDC or ED) contact Greg - you won't be disappointed.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Kudos to Greg! Also, remember if you are anywhere in California our fest founder, Jon Shafer (jshafer@sbautogroup.com) is ready to help -- and Santa Barbara is nicer to visit than Glendale!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: M5
Have owned eight BMW's over the years, but our recent purchase of a '13 535i was the first BMW that we've purchased new. Lot of hesitation about buying new, but working with Greg on the ED delivery process was an absolutely positive experience. Working with someone that's experienced in the ED process is such an added plus, I don't even know where to start- as a funny aside, I had stopped at an Audi dealer several months ago to inquire about their ED program, and the salesperson gave me a puzzled look and then proceeded to ask me why I would want to buy and take delivery of a car here in CA, then have it shipped to Germany...oye!

With Greg-as mentioned above, he's had lot's of experience with the ED process, great communication with me throughout the entire process, very fair pricing offered that required ZERO negotiation/haggling, no BS when it came time to sit down and settle-up on the purchase transaction. Oh, and the dealership made me a more-than fair offer for my '06 M5 that I ended-up selling to them two months after purchasing the new 535i.

Bottom line- you can't go wrong working with Greg! Highly recommended, and I hope to have the opportunity to work with him in the future on another ED delivery.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:43 AM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Not only did I get a great deal
Greg put a dozen roses on the dashboard for my wife
And delivered our baby boy in the service area....
All part of top quality service from GP

Ps I kid on the baby but I'm sure he would gone the xtra mile
Although I would have had to get the m5 for that treatment
Lol
Happy holidays everyone

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 12-01-2012, 09:12 PM
2 Bimmers R better than 1

Mein Auto: 12 MSPT 535 & MSPT X5 5.0
Cool

Now that I think about it
It's not just that Greg gives u s members great deals
Yet it's his trustworthiness and upfrontness when
It comes to incentives!

Greg and I made a deal back in march and the day I was coming down
BMW was offering $1500 cash back when I got to Glendale Greg told me about it before I mentioned it to him
He goes that's found money for you
He could have played some " oh I knew BMW was coming out with that so I already
Built it on to the deal gimmick"
Like 2 other local guys
Beverly Hills and
Long beach
Thumbs down for them
These other clowns have pushed me away with these tactics.
It's really insulting
Oh and i got another good one for u guys.
Greg was running around so much when ingot to the dealership he actually sprained his ankle
Really bad" he'll kill me for mentioning that..lol

But when I went to another LA dealership recently
There guy was moving in two speeds
Slow and stop
And to add insult
He told me after looking for the keys to an
X5M for 20 minutes
It was just sold !
I've seen and heard it all folks
Clowns r us I call most sales guys
Difference between a sales guy and a CA in my book

I had some free time to rant
Goodnight !

2012 Msport X5 +Prem Sound+Cold Weather+Top/Side Cameras+Soft Close Doors+BMW Apps
Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Greg is one of the truly ethical CAs. It is a year since I placed an order with Greg, but the pattern repeats.... As I was just about to place the order, Greg tells me there may be an incentive I could qualify for, and wait until he can sort it out. A couple of days after, I learn that I qualify for the 'found money' and I place the order. Greg really has your best interest in mind when you are in the market for a new BMW.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
Kudos to Greg! Also, remember if you are anywhere in California our fest founder, Jon Shafer (jshafer@sbautogroup.com) is ready to help -- and Santa Barbara is nicer to visit than Glendale!
No offense to Jon, but.... Greg is located a quick cab ride away from Burbank's airport. Jon requires a connecting hop to get to Santa Barbara.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:41 AM

United offers a non stop from SFO to SBA and the airport is virtually right next to Jon's store in Goleta/Santa Barbara. I am sure he would probably even run over and pick you up. Hit him up for lunch at the Beachside Cafe on the water next to the airport. However if I was going to do it I would drive because I love the trip down, or if I was by myself, I would take the train down. Again, nice trip and you are right next to the coast and the store.

Last edited by UncleJ; 12-03-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:19 AM

Mein Auto: 08 535i, 10 X5d, 13 AH5
Greg got me a good deal on ActiveHybrid 5 with flawless negotiate process. (offset the premium of Hybrid vs 535i) He made it deliver at my front door on Sunday morning. I would like to say and shout out a "Thank you" to Greg. I will pass on my awesome experience around.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Did ED with Greg this Autumn for my 335i. He beat my local dealer's price by 2K and the whole process was very smooth. Excellent experience, I'd definitely recommend him.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i Titanium Silver
I live in Florida, and did ED and PCD on a 2013 535i. Greg gave me the best deal and the best service. Local Florida dealer is, well, "asleep at the wheel" so to speak.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Kaos

Mein Auto: 2014 550i M Sport
Greg Poland - 2 Thumbs Up

Just leased a 550 from Greg. The whole process couldn't have been easier. Greg took the time to answer all my questions and moved fast as I needed a car ASAP b/c my 535 was declared a total loss. His follow thru was exceptional. If you are in the market for a new BMW, do yourself a favor and get in touch with him soon before the selection this month dwindles.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 AM

Did you check with Adrian Avila in Georgia -- he is one of the "good guys" too!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Day dreamer

Mein Auto: DSB 13 535 DSB 14 Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by weissja View Post
Just leased a 550 from Greg. The whole process couldn't have been easier. Greg took the time to answer all my questions and moved fast as I needed a car ASAP b/c my 535 was declared a total loss. His follow thru was exceptional. If you are in the market for a new BMW, do yourself a favor and get in touch with him soon before the selection this month dwindles.
great.. I live in N. Cal so going down Glendale is just a hop away. I am looking for a 550 too.. but I am waiting for the new engine.. Enjoy your car.. post some pictures in the 5 series forum 8-))
Old 12-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Kaos

Wish I could have waited for the new engine but my 535 was totaled when someone did a u turn and took out my front end. 4 air bags went off but my son and I are fine. At least the N63 is easily tunable.

I'll post pictures of my Carbon Black 550 soon.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:40 AM

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Where are you going for your tinting? Are you going to modify the stereo?

I love carbon black!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: 12 BMW 535I MS Alpine Wht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
Where are you going for your tinting?
I used Luxury Glass Tinting. They are mobile and will go anywhere in the Los Angeles area. They also contract with Bob Smith BMW and they are very familiar with BMWs. They removed several trim pieces to get the tint on as far down as possible. I have never seen that done before.

I put 50% on the front windshield, 38% on the front doors and 15% on the rear door windows and back window. Total cost without the front windshield was $155. That was in January of this year.

Mods - Quad Exhaust Tips, HID Fog Lights, Clear Front Reflectors, M5 Spoiler, Calipers Painted Black, 12.5 mm Rear Wheel Spacers, Tint - 5% Rear, 35% Front & 50% Windshield - BlackVue DR500GW Dash Cam, Blendmount for Valentine One

Coding by tuesday (aka; itschase) (Chase)
Old 12-15-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
I used Luxury Glass Tinting. They are mobile and will go anywhere in the Los Angeles area. They also contract with Bob Smith BMW and they are very familiar with BMWs. They removed several trim pieces to get the tint on as far down as possible. I have never seen that done before.

I put 50% on the front windshield, 38% on the front doors and 15% on the rear door windows and back window. Total cost without the front windshield was $155. That was in January of this year.
Wow, what a large spread in pricing for tinting. $150-600USD.

What brand did you have on your cars?
Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Kaos

Stereo has been upgraded with Reus Audio Systems. Great as always. I'll have to give Luxury tinting a call.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissja View Post
Stereo has been upgraded with Reus Audio Systems. Great as always. I'll have to give Luxury tinting a call.
Did you go with the larger engine? What is your interior, and the options in the car?

What did G. Poland do for you price-wise?
Old 12-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Kaos

Yes, I went for the 550 this time. Absolutely love it.

Car is carbon black with oyster/black (dakota) interior with these options:

M Sport
Executive Package
Dynamic Handling Package
Sports trans
heated seats
rear sunshades
ceramic controls (cool option. was on car and probably wouldn't have ordered but glad it's there)

As to price, let's just say Greg wants to sell cars. It was significantly below invoice on a 36 month lease which I understand he will do on all in stock 535 & 550's. If you're in the market, just contact him and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Kaos

forgot to mention that Greg's below invoice price was on the in stock 535 & 550s before all holiday credit, loyalty, app, and USAA
Old 12-16-2012, 11:07 AM

Seems a bit more tint than our beloved DMV has decreed allowable. I assume the tinter was following the applicable rules -- or will this be yet another reason for the Chippies to stop you and increase our bankrupt state's revenue flow?