Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
I see. I did not realize the C63 held its value so well. Maybe it is because there are very few of them out there. I personally would not pay 50k for a used C63. I would just get a new one and give up some options. Good luck with your search as I know this is your dream car and you will find the right one with time. Just a thought...the C class is due for a new model next year. Are you sure you want to purchase one now and not wait for the update?
The next C63 on the new C platform is at least 2-3 years away. That is a long time to wait when considering I already have waited 2 years. But who knows. We actually are working on moving in town. Once that happens the truck goes up for sale and will not be replaced. So I might just sell the BMW and do an ED on a C63.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
My biggest hesitation is the negative equity on the 335d. 18k miles and mint condition and it has 5-6k of negative equity.
Curious about how is it negative equity. Did you try to sell or trade it in?

335d Black Sapphire/Biege/Premium/Sport/Cold/Nav/CA/PDC/iPod

Old 11-21-2012, 11:29 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdiesel View Post
Curious about how is it negative equity. Did you try to sell or trade it in?
Have not done anything yet. Being told its worth 31k and I owe 36k. Needs new tires, but otherwise in mint condition and fully loaded. Still on the fence to see if BMW enhances the holiday deals. Not sure I am willing to take a 5k loss to get an x5.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Austin, what was the final result to your deer encounter?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d (on order)
So far up to about $17k in damages, non were structural (frame), just cosmetic, electrical, power steering pump, cooling system, etc. Hard to believe the price is so steep, but since my insurance company is a standup group (and the car is a 2011), they are only using brand new BMW parts for the repairs. Also, being repaired by the only local BMW certified shop. Probably going to be at least another month before I see it again unfortunately. Currently driving a 2013 chevy malibu, not terrible, but a piece of plastic compared to my D. I am invited to the Cadillac V series driving lab at the circuit of the americas in early December, so that will have to satisfy my need for speed until then.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: X5 35d
My X5 had a similar close encounter with a deer a while back in central Texas, ran out in front at night and was a solid hit, head decapitated and flew over the car. Messy and took out most of the front end to the tune of over $10K. The itemized repair bill was endless, page after page. So, my sympathies. It got put back together good as new and you'd never know anything ever happened. Glad to read no one in the car was injured.

As for spilling your beer, we all know that us Texans would never drive with a brew in hand (wink, wink) and your secret is safe.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeredale View Post

As for spilling your beer, we all know that us Texans would never drive with a brew in hand (wink, wink) and your secret is safe.
Of course not. We use cup holders.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:10 PM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
And you probably didn't even get to keep the venison! Thanks for the update! Again, glad no one was hurt (except for bambi)!