Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: boat
Dealer called desperate (sounds fishy)

I live in new york and we ordered a bmw from the dealer but didnt sign any paperwork yet. Well I come home and find 4 messages on my cell phone from the dealer saying that the paperwork needs to be signed today because its the end of the month and the deals are changing.

What I would like to know is, is he desperate because the deal is going to get even better?

The original deal we agreed on was 3220.00 down at 552 per month for a 335xi and the only options I go was DHP, sports trans, and auto headlights.

Can someone inform me what your honest opinion is?
Ads by Google
Old 11-30-2012, 03:03 PM

Mein Auto: boat
bump
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 550xi
From my observed BMW history, the November & December number stay the same. They may adjust things here or there due to changes. I don't think BMW will put out blow out numbers for December. February has a higher chance historically better numbers to clean out inventory. The x-mas/holiday/year end if you go by last year was the same for nov and dec. But I don't know how the economy in the rest of the world is doing (china's slowing)

Sounds like wanted to close for the end of the month. You'll have to see December's numbers, which I don't think will have changed much or any since last month. He just may have been trying to close November, and for his pay check.

If it's a good deal, take it. You can wait and wait, but there are only a few timeframes during the year when it's mega deal time....and you really need to watch month to month, and dealer inventories to maximize this. From the site it's 1k holiday and 750 incenitive. I don't think you'll see much higher than that until it's time to blow out the model year in May/June.

It's a new body style and with xdrive. The 3 has gotten pretty expensive--with that in mind if the economy dumps, they may want to move in Feb/March.

Since it's december, you'll have to see what comes out now. Don't get too worried about it. Timing deals is tricky, but can be done if you watch the forums, lease numbers, and local/regional inventory.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:12 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell525 View Post
From my observed BMW history, the November & December number stay the same. They may adjust things here or there due to changes. I don't think BMW will put out blow out numbers for December. February has a higher chance historically better numbers to clean out inventory. The x-mas/holiday/year end if you go by last year was the same for nov and dec. But I don't know how the economy in the rest of the world is doing (china's slowing)

Sounds like wanted to close for the end of the month. You'll have to see December's numbers, which I don't think will have changed much or any since last month. He just may have been trying to close November, and for his pay check.

If it's a good deal, take it. You can wait and wait, but there are only a few timeframes during the year when it's mega deal time....and you really need to watch month to month, and dealer inventories to maximize this. From the site it's 1k holiday and 750 incenitive. I don't think you'll see much higher than that until it's time to blow out the model year in May/June.

It's a new body style and with xdrive. The 3 has gotten pretty expensive--with that in mind if the economy dumps, they may want to move in Feb/March.

Since it's december, you'll have to see what comes out now. Don't get too worried about it. Timing deals is tricky, but can be done if you watch the forums, lease numbers, and local/regional inventory.

good info to know