Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
BMW destined to live a short life..

Hey all, I am not usually in this board, but I have an 03 745i... we are noticing alot of issues with our cars as soon as 50-60k... BMW has decided to put our cars (Yours included) to 105deg celcius meaning they run at around 225deg f. The similar engines to ours would run to 200k with slim to no issues, and now our engines are leaking oil and coolant everywhere, smoking because of valve stem seals, trans issues because of hot engines.. they are just falling apart.. I bought my first BMW (a 3 series) years ago and loved it. After I was rearended while stopped at a redlight by someone with no headlights on I bought an S class MB. It ran at about 85c, and didn't leak at all, had no issues.. I can't help but feel I sold my good working S and added another 6k to buy a leaking, falling apart pile of junk, and it's a shame, because I love the car, but BMW has figured out if they make it fall apart quickly after warranty they feel we will come buy another one..

Well I talked to one of the sales guys about the newer F- 7 series... I was telling him how sick it is that we have to be grateful if we make it to 100k without major repair, and he said, yeah well, we're worried about the new ones. Smaller engines and forced induction, we're wondering if they will even make it to 100k! I was blown away!

Anyway, my reason for posting here, I really hope you guys can complain to your SA, or BMW in your country if you are having issues.. if your not, well just wait, when this horrible heat unfortunately starts eating into your engines seals and gaskets and you start leaking everywhere I really hope we can get BMW to realize that we have caught on, and know why this is happening.. If MB can run their cars at 90c or below why can't BMW??

Thanks, and sorry for my rant!
Ads by Google