Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 12-23-2012, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto: 535i xDrive
Garage Door Opener

Has anyone experienced this issue with syncing the HomeLink system to two BMW's? I just brought home a 2013 X3 to join my 2011 535i. After programming the HomeLink for the X3, the 535 HomeLink didn't work. I reprogrammed the 535 and the X3 didn't work. The X3 replaced an Acura MDX which had no problem working in tandem with the 535 garage door opener. The Garage door opener is a Genie with a rolling code.
Ads by Google
Old 12-23-2012, 08:51 AM

Mein Auto: X3 xDrive35i.
Have you tried programming a different button?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:33 AM

Mein Auto: 535i xDrive
I programmed button 1 for the 535 and button 2 for the X3.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 xDrive35i
When you program the opener in the car and then sync it to the garage door unit/motor, are you accidentally hitting the reset button that causes the opener to forget/unlearn all remotes?
Old 12-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Try using another one of your Genie remote door openers to perform the programming. Even if the battery is strong enough to open the garage door, it's not necessarily strong enough to perform the programming. If that still doesn't work change the battery of one of your remotes and try again- one of my brand new remotes had a weak battery. If that doesn't work, are you doing the below?:

Move vehicle 2 far away from the garage doors and Genie Unit. Park vehicle 1 as close to the Genie Unit as you can without the garage door 1 clipping your car when it opens. Vehicle 1: Hold down button 1 and 3 at the same time for 20 seconds- you'll see it blink when programming is erased. Hold down button 1 of vehicle 1 and Genie remote button 1 at same time for 5 seconds and you'll see vehicle 1 Universal blink when connection is made. Press learn button of Genie Unit and within 30 seconds hold down vehicle button 1 down for 5 seconds- you'll see Genie Unit blink when programmed.
I like to be able to open both my garage doors with each car so if you want the same, move vehicle 1 to in front of garage door 2. Repeat the same procedure with Genie remote and vehicle 2 button 2.

Move vehicle 1 far away and repeat procedure with vehicle 2.

Good luck!

Last edited by Bmwlvr60; 12-23-2012 at 08:09 PM.