Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 12-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Acura RL
Observations

While I truly enjoy my 535xdrive M sport, There are a few little things I've noticed. For example there is no audible warning that a door is open with the engine on, or that the fob is not present inside the car and engine on. Also no warning that the engine is not off, when exit with fob. I know there are some visual on the HUD and gauges, but these were present on the old RL along with a Welcome, and Goodbye on the instrument cluster as a reminder that the car is on or completely off.
I have gotten accustomed to steering wheel moving up as an indicator that I pushed 2x
Advertisement
Old 12-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Something is messed up in your settings. My car warns me that the key is out...big warning on the iDrive screen.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 12-25-2012, 10:24 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Something is messed up in your settings. My car warns me that the key is out...big warning on the iDrive screen.
Only when you actually close the door when the fob is outside. Excellent feature by BMW to stop annoying the hell out of drivers.

To OP, the alert will sound for the open door if you start rolling. Otherwise, you will just see the door open "picture" on your dash. I love that BMW (and MB to some extent) avoid unnecessary audible alerts until necessary. Again, I hate cars, for example, that start dinging the second you open the driver's door with the ignition on -- stupid (not you, those cars).

An BTW, if the driver's door is open when you shutdown, the first press moves the steering wheel up (and I suppose, totally shuts down -- I never verified).

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 12-25-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
yes i hate the BMW double click off. I wish it was like my benz, radio stays on after turning the car off until you open the door.